Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
A lot of that is more the fault of a segment of players that want everything in easy mode and so called game journalists that keep them worked up about a game's difficulty, but many developers do give too much attention the the squeaky wheel.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: EJW and Warscared

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Anyway, I *am* in favor of a permissive design, in that the game caters to people wanting to play it a large variety of ways. Even if you never ever go train in Elsewhere, and still play with the opening deck of crap gems, you can get through the main storyline, since it contains escape clauses scripted in to rescue you from failure. This is part of the early Bioware "even a three-legged donkey should be able to clear the main questline" design philosophy.

At the same time I don't want to shove *all* the game into the player's face to passively process. There should be a reason to try new things, to explore and poke around, and the game should reward you with moments of surprise and happiness when you do explore by opening up new small events in response. That's one reason why events constantly open up over the progress of the game, never close unless I have to in order to preserve continuity, and if it requires complex interactions (like the Black Rose), I make a Quest tracker and remind you what you need to do.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
After going though it again I have to say Molly is my absolute fave part of the game.

It never really dawned on me previously, mainly because I didn't pay attention, but her character growth is immense. To go from the character everyone hated to being arguably as central to the game and the MC as Emily is and the personality shift that went with it.

To go from hated to adorable to positively loveable and it feel natural is fun to watch.

All the chosen are great (especially Bella) but Bella and Akane are likeable before and didn't really have as drastic a character change.

It's also fun to see 3 girls that would not normally have got along, and would probably have resulted in Bella killing or at least hurting Molly before, get so close.

There are some characters I could live with seeing die but the chosen and Katie are not in that list.

I've been fans of shows and books like Game of Thrones, Spartacus, Warhammer fantasy and 40k and seen main characters come, go and die in horribly painful ways......

That being said, according to Steam I have close to 200 hours in this since I bought it plus the time I was a pirate so we're looking close to 300. It's safe to say i'm attached to certain characters so I do have worries now we're seeing well known characters kick the old bucket.

All I know is if I lived there i'd be getting myself asigned as personal maid to his mother. I want to be wherever the blessed by the voices is, that seems about the safest place.

I never really paid any attention to gaming "journalists" (term used very loosely). Mostly because they usually absolutely suck at whatever game they are playing, not saying that just to hop on the hate train, i've read reviews and they usually complain about how difficult something is going as far as to compare them to souls games.

I heard that line used about Dragon's Dogma...... a game you can play on easy and hire help.

Sadly that also translates to a lot of players, especially players of adult game. The amount I see that exepct things to just be handed to them is insane.

By all means, let them get through the game but any optional content should require at least some effort to find. There is absolutely no reason they need everything handed to them.

aliy

Apr 7, 2022
After going though it again I have to say Molly is my absolute fave part of the game.

It never really dawned on me previously, mainly because I didn't pay attention, but her character growth is immense. To go from the character everyone hated to being arguably as central to the game and the MC as Emily is and the personality shift that went with it.

To go from hated to adorable to positively loveable and it feel natural is fun to watch.

All the chosen are great (especially Bella) but Bella and Akane are likeable before and didn't really have as drastic a character change.

It's also fun to see 3 girls that would not normally have got along, and would probably have resulted in Bella killing or at least hurting Molly before, get so close.

There are some characters I could live with seeing die but the chosen and Katie are not in that list.

I've been fans of shows and books like Game of Thrones, Spartacus, Warhammer fantasy and 40k and seen main characters come, go and die in horribly painful ways......

That being said, according to Steam I have close to 200 hours in this since I bought it plus the time I was a pirate so we're looking close to 300. It's safe to say i'm attached to certain characters so I do have worries now we're seeing well known characters kick the old bucket.

All I know is if I lived there i'd be getting myself asigned as personal maid to his mother. I want to be wherever the blessed by the voices is, that seems about the safest place.

I never really paid any attention to gaming "journalists" (term used very loosely). Mostly because they usually absolutely suck at whatever game they are playing, not saying that just to hop on the hate train, i've read reviews and they usually complain about how difficult something is going as far as to compare them to souls games.

I heard that line used about Dragon's Dogma...... a game you can play on easy and hire help.

Sadly that also translates to a lot of players, especially players of adult game. The amount I see that exepct things to just be handed to them is insane.

By all means, let them get through the game but any optional content should require at least some effort to find. There is absolutely no reason they need everything handed to them.
definitely agree about molly, i think i've said this to droid before in the discord that molly is the best character he wrote even if he doesn't agree lol, the character development is insane and she's funny af , that girl carries a lot weight in the story and has been my favorite for a long time, she just has it all
i mean i like them all and some of the girls like katie and bella are just as well written but molly is different for me

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I am going to have to do a playthrough where Molly calls the MC "dear" because of how she acts at some point.

She completely ignores him and does her own thing while talking to him like they have been married for 50 years.

"Yes dear, of course dear now you just go over there while I fix things dear"

Edit because I was just wandering Elsewhere and something else dawned on.

I found out why the large demons are so angry ....... they don't have cocks.

Imagine being a big scary demon with a rape dungeon full of slaves yet you can only watch the defilers, well, defile .... because whoever created you decided your life was a joke and made you a living Ken Doll with no sexual anatomy whatsoever ... even pixies laugh at you, serously, Snowdrops probably had a whale of a time mocking them.

Then the walking dad joke turns up...

So, a Scotswoman an American guy and a Englishwoman walk into Elsewhere ........ and just murderise you for training because they can.

When your entire life is being a big scary looking demon that has to watch other people have sex, develop generations of pent up sexual frustration and then die because some overpowered college kids are on the brink of godhood ..... it must suck.

Even when it's just the American guy walking his dog it turns out his dog is a chosen Werewolf and they are playing fetch with Mjolnir so you still can't catch a break ..... you can only catch a hammer of god .... right to the face.

Final edit - Pretty big spoiler for the end of book 2, don't click if you haven't seen it.

Did I just get "but it was all a dream" ending and none of book 2 actually happened?

Emily didn't seem to be the one he married and not from "his time" so we're going back to before all this went on?

Just to note I am incredibly soft. I cry at the smallest things. I love Watership Down yet it makes me cry every time. Yes, I am that girl that blubs about all the things.

I need you to know that so you understand just how bad that last part hit me. My girlfriend legit thought something serious had happened because I fucking ugly cried
. Not a few tears, I BAWLED. She come running in thinking i'd just been told everyone I ever loved had been in an accident.

Please don't do that to me again.

Just speculating here then....

So he's no longer married because that Emily did not want him touching her. So that means that Emily isn't in love with him, he didn't pull X with out of the stone with her so there is no baby.

He's drained his mantle plus no Emily marriage meaning he's no longer a god. Considering her reaction it looks like they weren't pulled along with the destiny they kept talking about so no super powered group.

He's ALL the way back to the start.

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021

The thing is that you have to actually enjoy the game mechanics to have a will to put in the effort required. And if you enjoy the story but dislike the game mechanics you are shit out of luck. Then there is a certain crowd that seem to dislike all game mechanics but enjoy the stories told in them, but don't seem to want to admit that for some reason. They are usually pretty loud. For adult games this is usually people who just want to fap.

Then there is the problem that many adult games just have game mechanics that is just boring busy-work to keep content away (requires you to repeat the same scene multiple times, etc.). Or have mini games that outstay their welcome very fast.

The poker game of LoM is pretty fun though and can be varied quite a lot with choosing different companions to make it stay fresh.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The thing is that you have to actually enjoy the game mechanics to have a will to put in the effort required. And if you enjoy the story but dislike the game mechanics you are shit out of luck. Then there is a certain crowd that seem to dislike all game mechanics but enjoy the stories told in them, but don't seem to want to admit that for some reason. They are usually pretty loud. For adult games this is usually people who just want to fap.

Then there is the problem that many adult games just have game mechanics that is just boring busy-work to keep content away (requires you to repeat the same scene multiple times, etc.). Or have mini games that outstay their welcome very fast.

The poker game of LoM is pretty fun though and can be varied quite a lot with choosing different companions to make it stay fresh.
I enjoy the game side of things, especially in RPG's.

I've almost missed timed events in this because I was spending time wandering the paths.

The only complaint I have isn't really much of a complaint and that's I would like 1 or two more number 9 slots. I have 4 to work with yet 5 gems I want to use with a 6th i'd throw in for fun.

I have WinterKing, WinterStorm, FireStorm and ToxicShock slotted in but i'd like to throw in ThunderStorm and maybe ClusterStrike.

The rest are a mix of fire and poison because give me ALL the dots (also fuck you Ammit with your poison immunity).

Not sure how much builds will matter going into book 3 considering the massive nerf he just took though.

To be fair, I think the gameplay might be the most important part for me in book 3 if it is what it looks like.

The characters I really like aren't going to be the same.

Reactions: bacienvu88

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I thought he drained his mantle thus ungodified himself?

That plus Emily that came through the portal told him her dad had died meaning he wasn't there when it happened meaning he didn't marry her so the mantle should be all messed up with it no longer being complete there anyway?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I thought he drained his mantle thus ungodified himself?

That plus Emily that came through the portal told him her dad had died meaning he wasn't there when it happened meaning he didn't marry her so the mantle should be all messed up with it no longer being complete there anyway?
I have not yet played the last updates of book 2, waiting for the extra content, so cannot talk about that very last remark and what that might mean. On the mantle though, well questionable a mantle could be completely drained, especially if they bestow the godhood. They would then be some natural force that is part of the fabric of the world itself and should regenerate over time anyway and possibly look for a new wearer if MC was no longer around. Same would go for MC's power, it should regenerate as long as he would not lose his connection to it as Thor tried to do to him.

If you were talking about Merlin's lake, if he used all of that yeah it would be gone, but that was never his (true) mantle, just something Merlin and others created for him or the voices for a specific goal.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I have not yet played the last updates of book 2, waiting for the extra content, so cannot talk about that very last remark and what that might mean. On the mantle though, well questionable a mantle could be completely drained, especially if they bestow the godhood. They would then be some natural force that is part of the fabric of the world itself and should regenerate over time anyway and possibly look for a new wearer if MC was no longer around. Same would go for MC's power, it should regenerate as long as he would not lose his connection to it as Thor tried to do to him.

If you were talking about Merlin's lake, if he used all of that yeah it would be gone, but that was never his mantle, just something Merlin and others created for him or the voices for a specific goal.
Content complete on Steam Beta now; I'm chasing typos and bugs, but so far it looks solid.

Reactions: DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So he's no longer married because that Emily did not want him touching her. So that means that Emily isn't in love with him, he didn't pull X with out of the stone with her so there is no baby.

Well, Book 3 starts rolling on to Book 2's beta branch this weekend, while I wait for bugs and steam to give me launch permission. It'll have day 194 night and 195, and start rolling out the new story.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
New version for mobile ? for android port or joiplay
Not yet; it's too large, so it'll require a major chunk of engineering effort to move all the movies into downloadable chunks.

Honestly at this point Android is becoming harder and harder to deal with, the PC build is 5+ GB, and Android's struggling with it even before I added 500MB+ of new movies to Act XI.

• Sad
Reactions: akiostein

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

If you were talking about Merlin's lake, if he used all of that yeah it would be gone, but that was never his (true) mantle, just something Merlin and others created for him or the voices for a specific goal.
His true mantle was his connection to Emily but at the end of book 2 he finds her wedding ring with no sign of her around, a portal opens up and Emily comes through it but not the loving Emily. It seems she barely knows him meaning his mantle should no longer be complete. He isn't married to the Emily he is with now.

It seems like he's gone to a different time but where a lot of things we saw happen haven't happened. He isn't married to Emily meaning he never got his god powers.

It's weird because he still has X but that Emily didn't know he did so they don't seem to have the same relationship.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Not yet; it's too large, so it'll require a major chunk of engineering effort to move all the movies into downloadable chunks.

Honestly at this point Android is becoming harder and harder to deal with, the PC build is 5+ GB, and Android's struggling with it even before I added 500MB+ of new movies to Act XI.
Maybe optimization problem. Real racing 3 android game sized more than 5 GB.

akiostein

Aug 9, 2021

looks like i have to buy a new pc or laptop. my old laptop only 2gb ram is it good enough to use?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Emily's still in the grand hall. The final video of book 2 (hope returns) may give you a hint at what's going on.
I'm probably jumping to a million wrong conclusions.

The only thing I think i'm fully set on is he's going to find Bella again which is why he still has Mjolnir and that follows on from the whole "fixing past mistakes" ending video I saw.

The confusing part is the Emily he met which would usually mean alternate reality but Chloe said welcome back which should indicate time travel but Emily's reaction to him didn't fit that so that was confusing.

I assume book 2 will cost roughly the same as book 1 did?

Just checking so I can add it to my gaming fund.

Reactions: Real Kreten
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes