Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
That's the Steam build, yeah. This is a content complete build, it has everything in the game I intend Book 2 to have at Launch with Steam. Apart from fixing typos and any needed bug-fixes (as and when I become aware of bugs), I'm not planning on touching this, at least not until after book 3 is done, when I'll do a general improvement pass over all 3 books, and probably adding some Game+ stuff as well (so if you've completed Book 3, and then start a new game in Book 1, it'll remember things you've done, unlock some additional scenes, etc).
Erm, in Book+, could we have you know... "puppies" and you know... you know what I mean! That was evil, and despite all your previous warnings, I still will never forgive you :D

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Just wait for puppies if we are on same page! We will get there, probably
One can only hope... *sigh*

My perfect ending would be ALLLL the "partners" naked, babies with each, and all the various puppies running in the glade playing... But well, Droid's got a thing against tails, so I don't think we'll see THAT happy ending, especially with well *sniffs*

Reactions: Droid Productions

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2 points....

SPOILERS FOR END OF BOOK 2.....

1. He still has Mjolnir which belongs to Bella.
2. He was pulled through a portal to i'm guessing either an alterate reality or time in which Bella still lives inorder for him to give her Mjolnir back.

Bella is temporarily gone. She will be back.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
2 points....

SPOILERS FOR END OF BOOK 2.....

1. He still has Mjolnir which belongs to Bella.
2. He was pulled through a portal to i'm guessing either an alterate reality or time in which Bella still lives inorder for him to give her Mjolnir back.

Bella is temporarily gone. She will be back.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Because live Bella isn't his chosen yet.

The Bella from his time/world is dead, doesn't mean he can't get a new one.

The thing with Mjolnir happened for a reason or it had no point in reappearing. Mjolnir can only be used by it's owner (and he hasn't changed this one) so that Mjolnir's owner is still Bella.

I will die on this hill that he will find a live Bella and hopefully Jalsa where he went and make her his chosen again.

abc123xyz

Jul 7, 2019
First, there are too many spoilers here. And I don't mean things behind spoiler tags. Plain text spoilers for all to read and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what happens. I figured it out from just two specific comments that I won't point out just in case others missed it. Just want to say thanks a lot for that. If you're going to talk about the story, especially if it's anything about the ending or how it made you feel, etc then please spoiler your whole comment even if you think you're being sneaky. Sometimes when you put 2 or 3 sneaky comments together it gives things away.

Now, that I've finished Book 2, here's one of my observations that I was going to post about a month ago, but decided to hold off. No spoilers here, just comments on game mechanics.

Book 2 is crowded with mandatory scenes and events. Almost every day. There are a lot of free days in the final Act, but by then it's too late. I was left with a ton of unfinished things. Things that had timers and conditions that I can't just go back and get. Things I'll have to restart the game to get and this game is loooong even when you know exactly what you're doing and want to speedrun through it. And this was before update 0.9.3 which added a ton more stuff. My suggestion, if there's still time for a small update, would be to increase money and XP gains in Book 2 from hunting on The Paths as well as adding a chance (something not too rare, maybe 1-in-3) of getting a double skill gain when training any stat in the Dojo. (STR, INT, CHA). I suggest this because if you go too long without completing something like building the inn or doing the kingdom quest things from the main hall then it's game over. You'll never finish them before the end of the book and a lot of missable events are tied to some of these things.

Book 2 hits like a freight train out of nowhere because for most of Book 1 your days are completely open and you can lazily move through them without feeling the need to grind too hard. There's absolutely no warning that you should be and need to be grinding because Book 2 has lots of stat checks and little opportunity to grind.

But even with all of that, 11/10 writing. can't wait for Book 3.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Book 2 hits like a freight train out of nowhere because for most of Book 1 your days are completely open and you can lazily move through them without feeling the need to grind too hard. There's absolutely no warning that you should be and need to be grinding because Book 2 has lots of stat checks and little opportunity to grind.

But even with all of that, 11/10 writing. can't wait for Book 3.
I added some events that let you get a fair chunk of cash if you're short, though they only trigger with the arrival of the Brotherhood scouts (Supply Cache 1-3). I guess I might give some slightly higher scoring events in Elsewhere and when searching Merlin's tower, since I think the big thing you're talking about is that with so many morning events its hard to find time to grind Elsewhere?

In general I prefer doing stuff in the morning, because I know where MC is :) If I do it in the evening he could be anywhere from Camelot to Edinburgh to somewhere in Elsewhere, and so the writing of the leadup looks weird. What I might do is remove the restriction of only going the Paths in the morning, and extend that to evenings... at this point MC's a big boy, and can take care of himself.

abc123xyz

Jul 7, 2019
I added some events that let you get a fair chunk of cash if you're short, though they only trigger with the arrival of the Brotherhood scouts (Supply Cache 1-3). I guess I might give some slightly higher scoring events in Elsewhere and when searching Merlin's tower, since I think the big thing you're talking about is that with so many morning events its hard to find time to grind Elsewhere?
It's hard for me to say about supply cache missions because those were added with the 0.9.3 public release. I had stopped my play of release 0.6.17c about midway through Act X so that I wouldn't get too far ahead, but that was still too far. If those supply cache missions are available earlier than Act X then they could perhaps help a lot. I can't really judge.

But yes, mornings especially are one of the biggest blocks I felt. Since it's the only time you can hunt on the paths and since it really is the best source of money, XP, and by extensions stats, it hurts.

The base XP gains of some of the monsters really confuses me. The demon camp (the one that's west of Lancaster) is where I did my grinding because the Cambion Assassins were the best source of XP at 10,500 (before INT bonuses), but you could also get a lot of Demons Knights, Demons, or Demon Princes for 1500, 3000, or 4500 XP respectively instead. I noticed that as time went on (I don't know if it was time, level, or what) the possible enemies grew to include Hellions which were mostly ok as well. Great XP on 2 of the 3 Hellions. But the low XP Demons still hung around. I started save scumming my hunting trips because it. Also, ingredients started becoming less effective as well. The sell price of them in Book 1 is great, but in Book 2 getting any ingredients rather than 250 or more pounds felt like RNG laughing at you. I think that if there was more warning to the player to grind then none of this would matter, but by time you realize in Book 2 that you needed to be grinding it's too late.

I understand what you mean about putting events in the mornings, too. I was trying to come up with ideas that didn't involve changing events around because I know those things are probably pretty much set in stone and asking you to move them would be too big of an ask because you can't shift those around without having to rework pretty much everything. I wouldn't suggest such a thing.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
0.9.4 will let you go crawl the paths of Elsewhere in the evenings as well, so that'll hopefully help people in your situation. I think that's the simplest way to fix the problem you're encountering.

The various enemies have a level range where they'll approach you; so Min and Max based on your player level. That's adjusted up as you play on Hard or Ultra levels, so while you get harder fights for any given level you also get more XP. As you become stronger weaker enemies flee you (it's mentioned briefly in the Natural Born Killer Questline), while stronger ones are attracted to you

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes