motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
While there are a few loose ends that I thought would be resolved in book 2, they will, evidently, be part of the final book instead. I'm sure there is a bit of fine tuning yet to be done and from what I think I see of the direction book 3 will take... Love of Magic is shaping up as an epic tale; in scale, scope and storytelling, on a par with Dune and Mass Effect.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
...he chase saphire credit card they keep offering me and buy the game on steam!...
I agree about the credit cards, stopping using them myself years ago (sadly AFTER I got myself in a ton of financial trouble with them). Steam prepaid cards work just fine though and I think they are readily available pretty much everywhere, or at least anywhere Amazon ships. They have the added bonus of never going bad, so you can pick up some small ones when you can and add them to your account wallet as needed.

Reactions: Warscared

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Part of the reason things feel rushed towards the end is because I have this thing about trying to match real-world dates. Book 1 got an extra act so I could end it on New Year's Eve, and Book 2 ended earlier than I wanted it to, because one of the central themes in the book is Pagan (Celtic) religion, and it ended on the Spring Equinox. Act III (and finding X) ended on Samhain, of course, but a bunch of little adjustments like that are used to make the story follow the underlying calendar.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Part of the reason things feel rushed towards the end is because I have this thing about trying to match real-world dates. Book 1 got an extra act so I could end it on New Year's Eve, and Book 2 ended earlier than I wanted it to, because one of the central themes in the book is Pagan (Celtic) religion, and it ended on the Spring Equinox. Act III (and finding X) ended on Samhain, of course, but a bunch of little adjustments like that are used to make the story follow the underlying calendar.
I honestly didn't feel rushed in book 2 and I know from experience that battles can end just as abruptly as they begin, often because of a single pivotal moment or event. On a separate note... You mentioned a needed decision about strategy vs poker mode. Several times, throughout book 2, I tried the strategy but always liked the poker better. I had the thought (especially at the big attack on Camelot) that the experience would have been enhanced by fighting several poker battles - but from the perspective of the various fists. There could even be an opportunity to customize the fist configurations before the battle starts. Other major battles could work this way as well, incorporating a strategy aspect to the poker. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
SEEMS i can't launch the game...appear a windows protection error saying that some of my setting for web don't allow..but i changed nothing and i was able to play till today..any help?
BUT WHAT FINDING excalibur means?? WHO IS THIS EVELYN COMING FROM THE MAGIC OF THE RING?.is a copy of an alternate universe?? or what? i don't understand...really..war was won, and at morning MC see these "vision" or what they are..but evelyn is still there in great hall?
P.s.
i got a bunch of quest still open..the dragon egg and many others..what happening to those? RIP HUME

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Is the new gem trader supposed to be popping up on the overworld map after you've bought his stock out while having nothing new?

Having issues with a few of the sidequests. The questlog for In Alis Vicimus! says go kill the new nest, the wiki says it's in the north. With just Katie in the party I'm not seeing it

Treasure hunt isn't completed either. Last step I did was take Emily to the supply cache and talk to the guy. The quest log still has me on that part but going back to to the cache again gives the message I probably shouldn't bother Samael
same..and the dragone gg?? game finish before it hatch...and the fearty quest too.. as the one referring to drink in crowley

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
the MC mother is disappeared? it says ishe run crowley with cloe but after wedding she is M.I.A.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
SEEMS i can't launch the game...appear a windows protection error saying that some of my setting for web don't allow..but i changed nothing and i was able to play till today..any help?
Spoilers, spoilers pls :)

As for your issue, it sounds like window defender has a hardon for the app on your PC. Here's how you might be able to fix it.

Hirshum23

Nov 7, 2019
Warning Some Spoilers:
Day 37. Girls are hot, the story is nice, about as believable as a fantasy can get. Every character seems fleshed out and has their own personality. Still too early to rate the game since book one is an entire year and yes you play the entire year I suspect. Combat is interesting. It is just poker in a special way, and you Got gems to do extra damage and effects. Speaking of which, If anybody wants to share their gem builds with me, assuming they are good or OP, I would not turn them away. Regardless, Don't know how the story ends but there's one thing nagging me. I just want to level up and get super OP, and hopefully, someday find out who my MC father is so I can " walk right up to the biggest guy in the pub, and then kick him right in between the legs" Not kidding though. And not just to see how powerful I become. Your father behaves like a sex-crazed God and lays out all these meticulous machinations for you. Literally from before you are born, your life isn't your own. About 1500 years before to be exact. And he has a part in every little thing of relevance in the story, and yet no one knows who he is unless you talk with other POWERS, who may know but refuse to tell you anything. The story is great but the presence of your dad behind the curtain and pulling the strings makes the game less enjoyable because if you stop and think about it, everything is going your way. And your MC doesn't really question his overwhelmingly good fortune that Daddy is adding to as the game progresses. It takes away from the illusion of choice in the game. If daddy is controlling everything anyway, then why do you need the MC. The short answer is you don't. And that is the one thing that I find hurts the game most. Everything in the game is just a sex toy or pawn for some unseen figure to move around, including the MC apparently as we see him get possessed at least once in the first 37 days. And the circumstances of the possession scream your father. Specifically the Word "Coven". Just in case that's too incognito for you. You start a coven during the possession. Guess who else is mentioned as having a Coven in the game. You guessed it. Daddio. While all the things Daddy is doing thus far work in your favor, it just makes you question Why is he doing them for you and not himself? It just doesn't make sense. So yeah personally if I ever do meet the bastard, I think I'd rather kick him in the balls than thank him for controlling my life and using everyone in it as either his sex toy or his pawn in his unseen plan. Especially your Mum, the poor woman was used the worse and was so sexually broken during the encounter she, literally doesn't move on from the nincompoop, even after 22 years of him getting up one day to go buy cigarettes at the gas station and never coming back. Can't wait to finish the game and officially leave a review.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes