Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Droid Productions sent me the link, you have a few side quests, also with the milf next door but there are quite a few, if you want to skip grinding just ctrl+j and sue cheats but only for stats and stuff leave the ones on right side alone incase you break game, I gave myself 999990 stats on all, also you have mini quests when in rest when fighting, too much stuff to do really but you'll enjoy them all.
I've... Tried to plug that leak, but 99999 stats certainly could break the game in earlier versions (because it let's you one-hit-kill something that had a conversation, like the lich), or win fights you lose in the story, for story reasons

kauthor

Jun 15, 2018
If you're running a recent version of OSX, this is necessary for unsigned executable files
: rise from the ashes of his old Macbook Pro using the new Macbook Air! Just to bring clarification, it needs to be .app at the end of the game. And perfect timing, as Book 2 might be coming out in a few days!

kauthor

Jun 15, 2018
: rise from the ashes of his old Macbook Pro using the new Macbook Air! Just to bring clarification, it needs to be .app at the end of the game. And perfect timing, as Book 2 might be coming out in a few days!
xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2.app then press enter then do the 2nd command.
sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2.app

Droid Productions

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I've... Tried to plug that leak, but 99999 stats certainly could break the game in earlier versions (because it let's you one-hit-kill something that had a conversation, like the lich), or win fights you lose in the story, for story reasons
didn't have problems with lich conversations and only fight I lost was with dragon, unless there was more fights I was suppose to lose, but on 3rd run did notice that I did things better to get more scenes but on my 2nd run did researches sooner, so gonna go for 4th run lol, btw finish book 2, great game will try do it without boosting stats but have a feeling gonna grind a lot and fights gonna take forever but the game will give it a 9/10(never gave any game a 10/10) will wait till it's finished to give it a score, just answer yes or no, I saw that I could click on gardens but can I go there?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
didn't have problems with lich conversations and only fight I lost was with dragon, unless there was more fights I was suppose to lose, but on 3rd run did notice that I did things better to get more scenes but on my 2nd run did researches sooner, so gonna go for 4th run lol, btw finish book 2, great game will try do it without boosting stats but have a feeling gonna grind a lot and fights gonna take forever but the game will give it a 9/10(never gave any game a 10/10) will wait till it's finished to give it a score, just answer yes or no, I saw that I could click on gardens but can I go there?
Not in book 2. I'll open it up in Book 3.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
oh damn, guess I'll have to replay the game, I didn't even know Jenny had a quest, I wonder how many side-quests I've missed throughout the 2 books
A lot, possibly :) The easiest way to miss out is to try to grind/minmax stats, because that can lead you to always doing the same stuff, never leaving your 'optimal' pattern. The game (like it's key inspiration, Persona 4/5) tries to instead reward poking your nose into various places and just living in the world.

The classic example was the guy that never showered at night (only Late Night), because it only had a +1 CHR bonus), and he got more out of eating at the Khukuri or working in the bar. Because of that he never encountered any of the night-time shower events (Chloe's various outfit scenes, and Snowdrop's Book 1 questline).

I don't usually recommend playing with a walkthrough the *first* time you play the game, because I think part of what makes a good open world design is that it rewards the player for exploring and enjoying the world (without having to grind to do so). Having said that, once you're playing a second time, looking for content you've missed, I totally recommend using to find any scenes you lost out on the first time.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: sorry for laughing but 999k stats is a bit overkill ... and no I am not in the opposite site :LOL:
besides not needed in Books 1+2 yet :)
I think hanging out with the orcs rubbed on me, just wanted make sure they die, also there are achievements to unlock and if you don't grind and are lvl 99 you don't do 500k damage and probably wont even do 100k, but on this run not cheating stats just items, can't be working everyday or grinding to get some lose coins to get gems, just trying figure easy way to try get all in 1 go :rolleyes: :whistle: but also making it easier so I put game on easy, maybe next run I'll put 5m in stats to see if monsters run away and I don't even have to fight them :ROFLMAO::p

• Love
Reactions: Brother Lui

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, Book 2 goes live tomorrow :)

I put together a little steam key giveaway, with 10 lucky winners getting a key for both Book 1 and Book 2.

If you want to check out the competition, it's over here:

And if you want to help give the game a final boost, don't forget to hit Wishlist on the store page!

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020

I put together a little steam key giveaway, with 10 lucky winners getting a key for both Book 1 and Book 2.

And if you want to help give the game a final boost, don't forget to hit Wishlist on the store page!
Nope, no freebies for me! I'm buying it!!! :D

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020

(y) btw any difference between this download on f95 and steam?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
(y) btw any difference between this download on f95 and steam?
Big difference is that steam get access to work in progress builds, like book 3 work I'm doing. I also update pretty often, so the fact that steam keeps it auto synched and only downloads what's changed (so if I update 100mb, it auto downloads that 100 mvb, not the full 5gb)

Reactions: chicho1958

kauthor

Jun 15, 2018
Okay! Don't forget to include my suggested modifications to the install notes (add the .app to the

Already added to Wishlist! I was able to download Book1 and run it using the install recommendations, but you need to add .app at the end of the two commands.

Reactions: Droid Productions

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Big difference is that steam get access to work in progress builds, like book 3 work I'm doing. I also update pretty often, so the fact that steam keeps it auto synched and only downloads what's changed (so if I update 100mb, it auto downloads that 100 mvb, not the full 5gb)
Ok will get it from there, as long you get your cut will help anyway I can.

Reactions: Droid Productions
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes