Shnurre

Jul 10, 2017
Looks like kingdom event "Supply cashe in the Deeps" is bugged. When it finishes there is a dialogue with Emily like it had been with previous 2 events. However, unlike those 2 this one gets interrupted at the point where there is MP check: the dialogue just ends here (last line is "Excellent. And hopefully it serves...." ).
So you are not getting the reward (choice between 3 options if it is the same as in previous events) and the quest doesn't get updated.

I have version 0.9.3 from here.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Looks like kingdom event "Supply cashe in the Deeps" is bugged. When it finishes there is a dialogue with Emily like it had been with previous 2 events. However, unlike those 2 this one gets interrupted at the point where there is MP check: the dialogue just ends here (last line is "Excellent. And hopefully it serves...." ).
So you are not getting the reward (choice between 3 options if it is the same as in previous events) and the quest doesn't get updated.

I have version 0.9.3 from here.
Yeah, there's a bug on it if you have enough mp to succeed. It's fixed in 1.0.0, but I've been focused on the steam launch (in 75 mins) so no refreshing the mirrors yet

Reactions: Shnurre and DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
And it's out:

For anyone interested, it's on 20% launch discount:

I also put Book 1 on 40% discount, since I feel people should really play that first (I added a "the story so far" video, but still).

Finally, Book 3's now in active development, with day 194 evening -> end of day 203 done, available on Book 2's Development branch.

Shnurre

Jul 10, 2017
Yeah, there's a bug on it if you have enough mp to succeed.
Does this mean that if you don't have enough mp for successfull check, the quest proceeds as supposed to?
If so, does not passing mp check has any sort of lasting impact? Or does it only change a couple of lines in these dialogues?

I guess I could temporarily reduce mp via developer console if latter is the case. If it is not, however it is probably better to wait for the next release.

And congrats on you steam release!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does this mean that if you don't have enough mp for successfull check, the quest proceeds as supposed to?
If so, does not passing mp check has any sort of lasting impact? Or does it only change a couple of lines in these dialogues?

I guess I could temporarily reduce mp via developer console if latter is the case. If it is not, however it is probably better to wait for the next release.

And congrats on you steam release!
It means you don't get the payout, and it doesn't close the quest cleanly.

Reactions: HelpfulSunglasses

Shnurre

Jul 10, 2017
It means you don't get the payout, and it doesn't close the quest cleanly.
Do you get the payout and does the quest close correctly if you have less MP than is in the check? If so, an easy fix is to temporarily decrease MP in order to close quest and after talk with Emily increase back.
However, this doesn't work if quest doesn't close in this case or if there are lasting consequences of not passing the check

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Do you get the payout and does the quest close correctly if you have less MP than is in the check? If so, an easy fix is to temporarily decrease MP in order to close quest and after talk with Emily increase back.
However, this doesn't work if quest doesn't close in this case or if there are lasting consequences of not passing the check
Yeah, you do.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Yeah, there's a bug on it if you have enough mp to succeed. It's fixed in 1.0.0, but I've been focused on the steam launch (in 75 mins) so no refreshing the mirrors yet
Is there a code needed for the beta in steam, or picking it is enough?
Bought it 15 minutes after it went on sale, but I could only install it when I got back home of course :D

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Bought it 15 minutes after it went on sale, but I could only install it when I got back home of course :D
No code needed, just right click on Book 2, properties, beta's then click on the drop down box and click development.

That should set you to go for playing Book 3 as it happens, that's all we did for Book 2 during it's development.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Nope, no code needed.

You want Development branch, btw.

Default: Just book 2, like a normal game
Beta: Book 2 + latest complete Act (so kinda like here)
Development: Book 2 + latest update (every 1-3 days, but content can be buggy, can break saves, etc). I'll clean it up before the act is done, and I move it to beta.

Book 3 is currently at day 203, so I'm halfway through the main timeline of Act XII... but I've still got a ton of work to do in fixing the sandbox, stripping out unused content, etc.

guus

Nov 4, 2017
I just bought book 2 from steam. Thank you for the general discount. :)
I really like the vibe set in book 3 so far, but it makes me want to replay book 2 in order to get those last quests done!

The opening screen on book 1 need a update when you have time.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes