Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I am sorry it is my first time writing on a thread don't know how to do it... I will careful in the future
Apologies for getting a bit snarky. Just had a few plot lines mentioned without spoilers and it's upset a few people.

Not just this thread it happens quite a bit and is probably one of the things that annoys people the most, especially when it's something big.

zanaar

Oct 13, 2019
Apologies for getting a bit snarky. Just had a few plot lines mentioned without spoilers and it's upset a few people.

Not just this thread it happens quite a bit and is probably one of the things that annoy people the most, especially when it's something big.
it's okay i understand even i got annoyed sometimes from spoilers and thank for reminding me will be careful in the future

Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
it's okay i understand even i got annoyed sometimes from spoilers and thank for reminding me will be careful in the future
Personally I spoiler-tag everything that might remotely be considered a spoiler for around 3 months, or until there are 2-3 more releases (some devs do small, fast, updates) and it has worked well for me. If it is a big thing, I'll even spoiler-tag it long after that.

If you have any questions on how/when/what to spoiler, feel free to ask in just about any comment section. Someone will be happy to help.

Reactions: zanaar

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The only problem i'll have going forward now is some of us have already started Book 3 while some are going to be some way behind so I can't mention anything because there are some quite big spoilers.

Reactions: Tavi13

guus

Nov 4, 2017
The only problem i'll have going forward now is some of us have already started Book 3 while some are going to be some way behind so I can't mention anything because there are some quite big spoilers.
I hear you there, there are so many things I want to talk about, yet can't. But he we will survive.:)

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
I hear you there, there are so many things I want to talk about, yet can't. But he we will survive.:)
Oh you can. There's an entire channel called #lom-book3-spoilers on the LoM discord. It is prodigiously active.

zanaar

Oct 13, 2019
Personally I spoiler-tag everything that might remotely be considered a spoiler for around 3 months, or until there are 2-3 more releases (some devs do small, fast, updates) and it has worked well for me. If it is a big thing, I'll even spoiler-tag it long after that.

If you have any questions on how/when/what to spoiler, feel free to ask in just about any comment section. Someone will be happy to help.
thanks...

Reactions: JMINATL and Tavi13
Aug 5, 2017
Pretty sure the ending of book one isn't a spoiler anymore so: because of the big reveal on the outsiders I was wondering how the the ancient invasions were "fought back"?

They come, snack on a pantheon or two, then bugger off to whatever unreality they un-live in once they're full. That's the way it's been for as long as the eldest gods remember. What did the previous battles against them accomplish? Merlin clearly knew what was up but still fought a final battle for something.

In non-plot news congratulations on your successful steam launch! Looking forward to having some free time to play through the preview of book 3.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So what's the difference between this book 2 and the one on steam, besides bugfixes?
Offhand :
Steam Achievements, collectibles (I'm finally allowed to make them for book 2), game of friends are hidden, and the usual steam advantages (cloud saves, delta-patching so you just need to download what changes from build to build).

It's also where I do development, so it's got the latest content on the Development branch (at this point the opening days of Book 3).

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I complain about writing all over this forum. Not how bad writing is ubiquitous, because I know tons of games are written by non-native English speakers, but how insignificant it is. Not the grammar or the syntax, but the intent. Writing is the seventh or eighth consideratiom for most stories.

(Major spoilers for Book 2 follow.)

Having read this entire thread, and knowing how very much players fell in love with Bella in Book 1, killing her was the completely obvious thing to do. What would hurt the most? That's great writing. I wish more ambitious games — not the ones that are just scene-fests, but the games what want to be more — would take this to heart.

Kinnerman

Modder
Aug 27, 2016
I would probably enjoy this game more if it didn't cause a memory leak every time I played it for more than 30 minutes. Not saying the game is bad, just...poorly optimized. Maybe it's my potato of a computer but whenever I play it, the memory it requires continues to go up as the game goes on.
Playing with the Windows version using Windows 7.

Oct 30, 2021
I would probably enjoy this game more if it didn't cause a memory leak every time I played it for more than 30 minutes. Not saying the game is bad, just...poorly optimized. Maybe it's my potato of a computer but whenever I play it, the memory it requires continues to go up as the game goes on.
Windows 7 hasnt been supported by Microsoft in almost 2 years...Your problem could also be Viruses.

Daemoniac

Feb 17, 2022
As someone who has combined 200 hoursof gameplay (steam number), I can safelysay that never saw that kind of error.
You might consider fixing yyour PC ;)

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes