Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
The wiki "minimum path" is entirely arbitrary, and you can finish the game with all content through any configuration. You've got enough time... if that means you start with the Onsen, do the Onsen events (and other side content) first, while waiting for Akane to build the next room.

I tried to make a very accommodating world, where there wasn't a "must do" path through it (which of course leads people following the wiki to complain there are no new non-path, non-book events at the end). Had to please everyone :)
Read the post above yours , you might have been replying when I edited it :)

I seem to have some achievement issue either in the game, or with steam, or both.
I think there might have been achievements added after I started playing the game, or something along those lines.

Even though I started a new game several times, some counters on steam simply do not seem to pick things, unless I am missing a specific conditions (bringing allies to elsewhere for example.)

As for having enough time to do everything, mathematically, sure. However, if one does not know when side events are available, or what the conditions to trigger them are, it's more than likely they'll end up wasting time doing stat raising activities, that'll server no purpose aside from raising stats. Let's say X event happens once you go 25 times to the onsen, there's no indication anywhere, or counter, meaning you can go 30 or 40 times there over the game, unknowngingly making it impossible to complete other events you won't have a hint even exists :) I hope I am being clear, it is rather difficult to explain.

But basically, if you are unaware of the conditions to make the events happen, and have no counter of how many times you've done X activity, it is extremely difficult to guess what's missing, where and when the requirements are. Like the last Molly event, I've literally haven't got the foggiest idea of what I am missing to make it happen, where or when the trigger(s) is/are. My quest log is empty, and the walk through, while being nice, due to the sheer amount of content, is nearly impossible to follow if you miss only a couple of steps, or have a slightly different setup.

In my case, I started with the onsen, while I did some of the onsen events earlier, at one point, I ended up so out of sync (even the Anton Emily events in the main room were no longer in sync.) Which made it virtually impossible to follow the guide on the dojo event, simply because my available time slots no longer matched at all.

If there's somewhere that clearly explains what the requirements and triggers are for the content I'm missing, I'll gladly read pages and pages to figure it out, but as it stands, I've got no idea why I'm missing the achievements/scenes I am missing :(

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Actually, all the places (barring the Crowley and the Starcucks) are real.

The Crowley is loosely modelled on ,
View attachment 1889746

is a real Nepalese restaurant, in Edinburgh's west end (where I took my wife for our first date)
View attachment 1889748

also a real place (though I place it closer to Grassmarket, when the real one is just off George St), which used to serve unpretentious and great italian food.
View attachment 1889749 The game's full of similar references... I've been talking about doing a guided tour to LoM for a while.
I'll assume that the shady stuff Molly found out about the owner of Bar Napoli is true as well. :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just started Book 1 and I need you guys to tell it to me straight:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I would expect the players to choke me if MC starts boning guys. Emily... will need to come to terms with what MC gets up to; there's no negative long term reactions for having sex with any of the girls.

LordKartoosh

Mar 19, 2018
I would expect the players to choke me if MC starts boning guys. Emily... will need to come to terms with what MC gets up to; there's no negative long term reactions for having sex with any of the girls.
One of the many faults in my vocabulary since I'm not an english native speaker is using "guys" as a word for both genders, for some reason. But thanks for the quick reply!

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Ok, I just tried all or nothing to see if my achievements would start working or not, since the rage one would be rather easy to pop on the first fight at the start of book2.

Please note that ALL your saves, seen videos, content, or anything in the perm save will be gone forever if you do this!

For steam players:

Go to the game's options, disable the save sync.
Go to C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic , delete everything.
Start up a new game (you will no longer have your bookI saves either!), configure the MC to your liking.
Play for a small bit, save, close the game.
Enable the saves in Steam again, a message will appear next to "play" regarding sync issues, click it, choose local save.
Start the game again, it'll purge your steam saves as well.

I managed to get the Rage achivement right away (picked a rage base build, and edited the save before the combat to boost my base stats to make sure I'd manage 100 easily before the mob died.)

I'll do another fullrun as a speedrun since I've already read the content 4 times so far, and confirm if this fixes the achivement issues for both the game AND steam, or not.

*edit*

It does seem to have fixed whatever was broken for the achievements, as I'm now unlocking some that were not counting previously.

However, Jenny does not seem to want to give me her facial now, I am assuming something from book1 is missing maybe since I've deleted everything?

Last edited:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Alright, I can confirm that achievements are popping up again ingame and on steam after purging the saves completely.

However, I still have no fucking clue how to unlock the last scene for Molly, with seemingly no hint as to what is missing, or where or when I should do what to make it happen...

I'm also quite confused, as there's absolutely no way to do all the events in the timeframe given ingame :S

I've pretty much only done but a couple of run hunting in this playthrough, and sticked to the chosen home (so I could finally get some counters running), and I've only managed "camelliaphile", "gastronomer". Am I completly missing some "free time" or something here? I am utterly confused at how to unlock even half of the event in the timeframe allowed ingame :S

Steams achievement on this run: Shield master, Master your rage, fire master, Wolfstyle, Shadowhunter, Blademaster, drinking problem, like a zit, in the fury born.

Unless I am completely missing something here, I am totally lost at what I'm supposed to do to unlock those events, or even have enough time to do them :S

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
Alright, I can confirm that achievements are popping up again ingame and on steam after purging the saves completely.

However, I still have no fucking clue how to unlock the last scene for Molly, with seemingly no hint as to what is missing, or where or when I should do what to make it happen...

I'm also quite confused, as there's absolutely no way to do all the events in the timeframe given ingame :S

I've pretty much only done but a couple of run hunting in this playthrough, and sticked to the chosen home (so I could finally get some counters running), and I've only managed "camelliaphile", "gastronomer". Am I completly missing some "free time" or something here? I am utterly confused at how to unlock even half of the event in the timeframe allowed ingame :S

Steams achievement on this run: Shield master, Master your rage, fire master, Wolfstyle, Shadowhunter, Blademaster, drinking problem, like a zit, in the fury born.

Unless I am completely missing something here, I am totally lost at what I'm supposed to do to unlock those events, or even have enough time to do them :S
Any achievements that require doing X thing Y times can best be done across multiple playthroughs or by going into game+ (load your end of book 2 savegame and you can run around in the sandbox for a long as you like).

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
As I feared, because I started with the Onsen, I was unable to follow the wiki's path, very quickly, I end up being completely out of sync on the side events :(.

Would anyone happen to have a Book I save available, with the recommended building from the walkthrough, so I can finally clear all the achievements? Or would starting a new game on BOOK II allow me to customize things enough to get on the same track as the walk through?

At the moment I am missing quite a few things, thing is, they"re different for some between steam and the game...

I'm missing "pigs may fly" on steam, which is not possible I recon?
Kiss the bartender 7/8 - no clue how to make the 8th scene happen.
Blademaster: Train with Matthew 12/20 (I'm assuming another play or two would solve that.)
Card collector 8/25 (???)
Wolfstyle, 0/25...??? HOW would that be possible? I've used Bella a LOT in the last two games, is there some conditions for the counter to rise on steam?
Fire master (more than 1000 points of fire to enemy): if in one attack sure, I've never done THAT, over a single fight then, that's impossible I did not do that already.
Lightning Master, I've made fights last longer in purpose, and broke the 200 marks several times, but it never triggered the achivement.
Master your rage: 100+ rage, also unlikely never to happen, yet no achivement.
Shield master: I've had WAY more than 5K shield on myself, more than once, but it never triggered either.

Those are the Steam untriggered achievements.

As for the game's (from the option menu), here are the ones that have never triggered:

Kiss the bartender
Coffee connoisseur
Drinking problem
Zen master
Fitness freak
Blademaster
Card collector
Guard your heart
Light it on fire
Listen to the voices
Wolfstyle
Bring a book
The cute healer
Smol but fierce
Foxy business
The last of the first

So there seems to be some discrepancies between the ingame achievements and the steam achievements, and some simply not counting at all apparently.

If anyone knows what could be wrong, and how I could solve it?
If you fire up book 1, choose to load from day 115 and then play through the day choosing a different upgrade it'll create a new act6.sav file you can use to start book 2.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Any achievements that require doing X thing Y times can best be done across multiple playthroughs or by going into game+ (load your end of book 2 savegame and you can run around in the sandbox for a long as you like).
I've replayed book2 7 times (maybe 8, I kinda lost count...)
It still doesn't help with the sandbox bit, which is completely boring and grindy at this point. I've given up, it simply is not worth it, especially since I don't even know what I am missing scene wise, as there's just no indication saves one scene with Molly.

If you fire up book 1, choose to load from day 115 and then play through the day choosing a different upgrade it'll create a new act6.sav file you can use to start book 2.
Yeah, I figured that out later on, I started a new game, then gave up because I'm simply sick of redoing the same thing in a loop, without any indication as to what I am missing, or which scenes I am missing at this point. The only one I know of is Molly's from the steam achievement, and since I've done at least 5 play through without the boydguard's happening in the dojo, it completely demoralized me, as there's simply no hint of what I am missing, what I'm supposed to do, when and where.

Hell, I still don't even understand how I got enough points for the events on one of the play though... It seems like there's maybe one or two valid ways that'll allow you to get most of the big content, but the smaller content, seems to be anyone's guess... Hell, it could even be random/luck based, since I can't find any logic in it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, I figured that out later on, I started a new game, then gave up because I'm simply sick of redoing the same thing in a loop, without any indication as to what I am missing, or which scenes I am missing at this point. The only one I know of is Molly's from the steam achievement, and since I've done at least 5 play through without the boydguard's happening in the dojo, it completely demoralized me, as there's simply no hint of what I am missing, what I'm supposed to do, when and where.
Molly's optional content shouldn't be that hard to get.
1. In the dojo late night for dancing
2. Repeatable sex at the KD late night
3. foursome blowjob day 149
4. Day 163 private secretary
5. Onsen threesome with Emily and Molly
6. Chair workout with Molly and Akane in the Dojo
7. Buy the bowtie for her, and watch her late night in the dojo

Reactions: Real Kreten and EJW

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
When will you make Book 3 available ?
Act XII is in development; you can check it out on Book 2's Development Branch.

Once that's completed, I'll move it on to Book 2's Beta branch, and do another public build.

So far I'm done with day 204, so another 10 days worth of content. It's a rather dense act, with lots of stuff happening.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: EJW

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Molly's optional content shouldn't be that hard to get.
1. In the dojo late night for dancing
2. Repeatable sex at the KD late night
3. foursome blowjob day 149
4. Day 163 private secretary
5. Onsen threesome with Emily and Molly
6. Chair workout with Molly and Akane in the Dojo
7. Buy the bowtie for her, and watch her late night in the dojo
1656234601057.png

I went up to 7 before, but either you've forgotten one event, which I can never find, or the achievements are looking for one that does not exist then? :)

One thing that would help, tremendously, for the side contents with the girls, is to know what the requirements are to get the events.
Jenny is the only one with obvious things, once you know you really should only ever call her from Edinburgh "for reasons".

But for the events in the Chosen's home, I can not for the life of me, understand what the requirements are to get the scenes with the girls.
Also, unless I am wrong, reading a book, does not count as drinking in the pub (coffee or chosen).

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
View attachment 1891457

I went up to 7 before, but either you've forgotten one event, which I can never find, or the achievements are looking for one that does not exist then? :)

One thing that would help, tremendously, for the side contents with the girls, is to know what the requirements are to get the events.
Jenny is the only one with obvious things, once you know you really should only ever call her from Edinburgh "for reasons".

But for the events in the Chosen's home, I can not for the life of me, understand what the requirements are to get the scenes with the girls.
Also, unless I am wrong, reading a book, does not count as drinking in the pub (coffee or chosen).
I'll have a look at it; been occupied with the new Book 3 content and the collectibles recently.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I'll have a look at it; been occupied with the new Book 3 content and the collectibles recently.
I've finally got it, but I had to cheat like hell to get it...
I basically kept starting the days back 7 days, to grind the Anton/Emily events, while using the Chosen's home non stop.
I then eventually got a notification saying a girl was up for sparring, after several days of training in the Dojo (so not right after I got the notification), Molly did a small dance, clothed, and that got the achievement.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I've finally got it, but I had to cheat like hell to get it...
I basically kept starting the days back 7 days, to grind the Anton/Emily events, while using the Chosen's home non stop.
I then eventually got a notification saying a girl was up for sparring, after several days of training in the Dojo (so not right after I got the notification), Molly did a small dance, clothed, and that got the achievement.
It's not random at all...

But what might be throwing you is that Molly's side-events are all LATE night (so after business ends at the Crowley). Since she's there, manning the bar until that point.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
It's not random at all...

But what might be throwing you is that Molly's side-events are all LATE night (so after business ends at the Crowley). Since she's there, manning the bar until that point.
Yes, I can't quite figure out what the requirements are for the Chosen home events. I've been trying my best, but between the timeframe, the amount of times you've visited X location, I feel like there's something else I'm missing.

Right now, I'm trying to grind Akane, which I've done before several times without even trying, and now that I'm trying, it won't pop, I've just reached the glass ass dildo part, but the next one ain't popping up, despite me going back there and using all possible things non stop, I just don't get it :(

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes