nsfwdemanded

Nov 22, 2020
I'm new here so I don't know how big is the usual updates, when the update comes is it gonna be a whole chapter? 1 hour of play time or 10? What should I expect and how frequent are the updates, I'm thinking of becoming a patron but I don't wanna wait 3 updates do decide

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm new here so I don't know how big is the usual updates, when the update comes is it gonna be a whole chapter? 1 hour of play time or 10? What should I expect and how frequent are the updates, I'm thinking of becoming a patron but I don't wanna wait 3 updates do decide
The Act updates usually take ~2 months to complete, the Act+ (sandbox expansion builds) take about 4-6 weeks. I leapfrog them, so there's an Act release (currently working on Act XIII: Air & Darkness) which advances the main story, followed by an Act+ release (side-quests and repeatable content).

You can follow development on Steam's development branch (any Patreon who wants one gets a key).

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
If you go the Steam purchase route, you can get Book 1 and Book 2 as separate games with a way to carry over progress from 1 to 2 and Book 2 has access to the Book 3 development branch. Plenty of content to play right now.

Droid Productions I played the latest bit of the book 3 stuff and the game ends after the night in the hotel with waking up in a room with no where to go. I'm guessing there is no exploring Japan yet.

I haven't taken Emily out on the paths again, but Katie is de-powered now.

Reactions: nsfwdemanded

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions I played the latest bit of the book 3 stuff and the game ends after the night in the hotel with waking up in a room with no where to go. I'm guessing there is no exploring Japan yet.
Yeah, this chunk is 'on rails', in that there's no sandbox access (I'm not going to be building a complete sandbox for Kyoto for the 3 days they're there :D ). Working on day 216 now, after which the railroading should ease.

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
Yeah, this chunk is 'on rails', in that there's no sandbox access (I'm not going to be building a complete sandbox for Kyoto for the 3 days they're there :D ). Working on day 216 now, after which the railroading should ease.
Do we get to visit a certain pancake café? That would be nice.

• Haha
Reactions: EJW

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Finally got around to setting up my store page for Book 3, the final part of the Love of Magic trilogy.

Go give it a wishlist if you've enjoyed the journey so far, it's the most important thing you can do to help it have a great launch.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Yeah, but it still uses poker to do so. Why not just use dice or - you know - avoid the silly games altogether?
Go to settings and set difficulty to "I'm just here for the story". Have not done it, but I guess it will bypass the poker.

Reactions: Jack0h

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Uploaded them to Imgur as well, for people who dislike Patreon :)

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
So, working through Book 1, I got the third rose for Jenny, but when I went back it just repeated the blowjob scene and the quest closed.

Did I miss something somewhere?

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
What Crabs said. At least day 70 & Olivia content needs to be done.
There is a Wiki link on page 1 if you want the specifics.

Yup, I went to Olivia again and she mentioned Jenny, or at least I figure that's who she was talking about.

When I go to the coffee shop at night it gives the option for the rose but just repeats the second scene. The only quest in my log now is sword training and talking to Olivia again just gives the study or leave option.

I'm in Act VI/day 102 so I wonder if it is too late now. I can check with an earlier save I guess.

Ok, this is weird. I saved in the Starcucks at night. Gave her rose #3. Got scene 2 again. Reloaded to go do something else instead and it loaded into the new scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tavi13

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ok, this is weird. I saved in the Starcucks at night. Gave her rose #3. Got scene 2 again. Reloaded to go do something else instead and it loaded into the new scenes.
There was a Book 1 issue that sitting in a location and advancing time wouldn't trigger an event (you'd need to exit the room and re-enter, since the check is on entering). It's fixed in Book 3, but I haven't back-ported it and built new Book 1/2 builds with the fixes yet.

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
There was a Book 1 issue that sitting in a location and advancing time wouldn't trigger an event (you'd need to exit the room and re-enter, since the check is on entering). It's fixed in Book 3, but I haven't back-ported it and built new Book 1/2 builds with the fixes yet.
Interesting. I probably just did the back to back evening/night reading so that explains it.

Brilliant work by the way. Bloody amazing all around.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes