Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Yeah, but it still uses poker to do so. Why not just use dice or - you know - avoid the silly games altogether?
because poker allows your combat system to strategyse instead of just brut forcing everything!

for instance you can choose to forgo the best most damaged delt to get the 3 hits by completing the thrice or sextuple attacks!

it gives you far more variables and even people who hate poker can have an easyer time to understand it then creating an equally deep combat system with all the nuances this system allows you without the need for a massive learning curve!

yes it puts some people at a disadvantage but the other option would be a shallow combat system or put everyone at stake 0 and turning the game into a grinding match much more then what it needs to be!

right now the variables in the combat system are the placement of the cards
the 4 types of cards
the card sequences
the card colours
your companions skills!
the quality of the gems
the type of gems!
what kind of attack you choose with your gems!

besides it makes sense temathically its a way for the MC to express his magic and it also representes the randomness of his sorcery!

if the MC had no sorcery so to speak the combat game could be chess or checkers!

the game chosen is to represent how magic is represented based on the personality of the MC and we gotta play with this MC!

for instance Kathy is candy crush i believe or bejeweled or whatever she admitted!

if it was Chloe it could slot machines since she is all sorcery with little magic spark!

for someone like Dylan or someone smarter like Emily it could be Chess while for someone greedy it could monopoly(?)!

what i mean is that it makes sense thematically... i hope i have made sense! or else i need to lay off the numbing drugs!

dxd

Jun 5, 2017
Where do you find bella after waking up when she is drawing power from you in book 2, been to every location but can't find her?

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Where do you find bella after waking up when she is drawing power from you in book 2, been to every location but can't find her?
You don't have to go looking for her. Why she was drawing power from you will be explained later. She's not in any danger at that moment, so don't sweat it. Carry on with your day.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You can't find her, she's off doing her own thing. If you haven't already done so, though, you missed out at meeting Jalsa before the rest. (Night time, Dojo, before this event)..

dxd

Jun 5, 2017
You can't find her, she's off doing her own thing. If you haven't already done so, though, you missed out at meeting Jalsa before the rest. (Night time, Dojo, before this event)..
ok thank you, i'll try loading an older save for the scene

Last edited:

Shaun@121

Aug 11, 2021
I want to know that the gems are really matters in the i mean I don't have much money in the game so

Should I really have to buy the expensive gems plzz reply

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I want to know that the gems are really matters in the i mean I don't have much money in the game so

Should I really have to buy the expensive gems plzz reply
The gem sets are basically a very simple deck-building mechanic. Your gems (for any given poker hand) says how much damage you have, and what effects it does. So you can configure yourself for being a raging monster with rage + cluster strikes, or a poison master, or a fire mage like Katie, etc.

You'll get plenty of cash by spending some time hunting on the paths and selling ingredients to Chloe and spare gems to the gem merchant.

More info on gems and the poker combat here:

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes