CoupDeGrace

May 8, 2017
Honestly, if anyone wants to pick up this game for any of the girls, aside from the main elf chick - don't bother. Through whole book 1 they get 1-2 scenes each and their character development peaks the moment MC puts his dick into them. Whereas main girl gets at least a couple of scenes per each act. I appreciate the different approach of the dev, but slapping a harem tag or mentioning Persona-esque inspirations is a massive jebait for farming patreons. Which is sad, because like with any of these types of games or stories, there always going to be side characters way more appealing than the main girl, but here they not only have 0 chance at the main bowl, but their relationship with MC also boils to copy pasted master-server contract thingy. And yes, I am extremely salty, because I've played through Book 1 mostly for Akane and I regret every second of it.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Yes. It has animations now. Oh boy does it have animations. Play from the beginning, though, because if you don't you will miss stuff.
I am actually on my 3rd play thru. I still refuse to use the online guide, until the game (story) is completed, and even then, after a few tries on my own.

So far, I am better poker player (easy level), learning gem placement strategies for different monsters, values of strength, intelligence and charisma, as well as swordsmanship. And of course, using allies better! I "discover" new things on the paths and a new book FOR Diana... and a lot more. FUN!!!

Not sure, but imagine Droid planned it (?????), but things quoted in various books that Owyn reads, and what I find to be criptic messages of what Droid may... or may not have planned, contained in dialog in Book 1, (which I very much hope will be revealed true in Book 3). No spoilers, other than to say that on day 92, Molly mentions a reunion BEFORE Akane is made Chosen, and when showing Aoife, what he is on day 127, Owyn talks of "Those who were Lost will be Returned". I read those before, but did not see things like that as more than dialog relevent to move the story at that time. Could be nothing? Could be more?

I find this to be much more than the average romp thru the woods and screw the girls every 5 frames adventure! MUCH more!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So is the date with Katie and rope training in the dojo in this update?
I'm not saying what's in the next act, beyond "it's an Act+ update set in the KD". :)

If you're playing on the Beta some of the early content is out already, so it's setting a direction.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Honestly, if anyone wants to pick up this game for any of the girls, aside from the main elf chick - don't bother. Through whole book 1 they get 1-2 scenes each and their character development peaks the moment MC puts his dick into them.
I would argue that Jenny gets more sexytime than Emily, though I haven't actually counted.

Whereas main girl gets at least a couple of scenes per each act. I appreciate the different approach of the dev, but slapping a harem tag or mentioning Persona-esque inspirations is a massive jebait for farming patreons.
I count off the top of my head a dozen girls the MC gets down with (and a couple we get a good look at.) Some are one-offs in side quests, but a number have multiple encounters (Emily, Akane, Bella, Molly, Katie, Jenny), that's not a harem?

But yeah, If you want the MC to chaingun bang a dozen women in rotation in the main storyline, you will be disappointed.

Droid has listed a number of influences from games and books (many of which you can read excerpts and commentary on in game.) People don't support a game because of something that was an inspiration for some mechanic or plot point. I support a couple of dozen games and not in a single case was it because the description or a comment said "inspired in part by x". The game has to have appeal and stand on its own.

And yes, I am extremely salty, because I've played through Book 1 mostly for Akane and I regret every second of it.
Akane is one of the less interesting characters to me, but that's me :)
She gets significantly more 'playtime' in books 2 and 3, but this will always be primarily a love story between the MC and Emily at its core.

You are of course free to attempt to influence Droid to focus more on your preferred side character, but be aware there may be some....competition.

1667058052996.png

CoupDeGrace

May 8, 2017
I would argue that Jenny gets more sexytime than Emily, though I haven't actually counted.

I count off the top of my head a dozen girls the MC gets down with (and a couple we get a good look at.) Some are one-offs in side quests, but a number have multiple encounters (Emily, Akane, Bella, Molly, Katie, Jenny), that's not a harem?

But yeah, If you want the MC to chaingun bang a dozen women in rotation in the main storyline, you will be disappointed.

Droid has listed a number of influences from games and books (many of which you can read excerpts and commentary on in game.) People don't support a game because of something that was an inspiration for some mechanic or plot point. I support a couple of dozen games and not in a single case was it because the description or a comment said "inspired in part by x". The game has to have appeal and stand on its own.

Akane is one of the less interesting characters to me, but that's me :)
She gets significantly more 'playtime' in books 2 and 3, but this will always be primarily a love story between the MC and Emily at its core.

You are of course free to attempt to influence Droid to focus more on your preferred side character, but be aware there may be some....competition.

View attachment 2132085
Nah, I'm just expressing my own honest opinion. Forcing an artistic creator to cater to your own wishes is the dumbest thing you can do, unless you are actually paying him reasonable money.

Also, unless you are talking about the whole "series" including Book 2/3 (which I didn't bother playing), you are lying. Because none of the characters, except of Molly had even remotely close number of scenes to Emily. Chloe had like 3, Akane literally had a single scene with 0 build up whatsoever (ofc her character will suck afterwards, duh), Jenny had only 2 btw, which combined had less CG than some of Emily's scenes. This game feels like a jack of all trades, but master of none. The only good exception is the actual battle gameplay, which is somewhat unique, but becomes repetitive and unbalanced real quick. I think that if author had better understanding of what he was trying to achieve, it had the potential of being something way more than just bunch of ideas thrown onto the wall. Maybe mashing VN with sandbox gameplay was the root of the problem, who knows.

Network 34 Games

Developer of The Accidental Master
Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
So, you're complaining about the lack of encounters with the other girls, but then you complain that other encounters lack CG. You do realise these things take a good chunk of time to create right?

Reactions: BruceCM

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
In Book3, I can't get the rope scene in the Dojo at night to trigger for the "You Raise Me Up" quest.
In addition, I bought two things from DemonFox on the same day, and took delivery from Chloe on the next day, but DemonFox still has a red exclaimation point that I can't clear.

Last edited:

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
In Book3, I can't get the rope scene in the Dojo at night to trigger for the "You Raise Me Up" quest.
In addition, I bought two things from DemonFox on the same day, and took delivery from Chloe on the next day, but DemonFox still has a red exclaimation point that I can't clear.

You raise me up continuation would be an act+ content. The DemonFox exclamation (pretty sure you're talking about one for Dress in White quest) is a bug, but pretty sure the author's aware of it. Just ignore that one for now.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You're at the bleeding edge of development, the raise me up quest only came out yesterday :)

To kick it off, once you've got the ropes from Chloe, go practice in the Dojo, then call Jenny from the computer, then meet her at the Prime Gate at night. The exclamation point issue should be resolved in the build last night.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I loaded a save and tried again. Is there a particular time of day I need to train at the dojo ? And it's train, not meditate ? Is there a way to check that I've got the ropes ? (there doesn't seem to be an inventory tab).

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes