humpgorilla

Apr 1, 2021
there's a way to replay animations on book 1? i only found images at the memory icon on pc. Also book 2 and 3 have some way to replay animations?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
What determines the difficulty of the enemies you find through the portal? Is it the players level or just how much time has passed? I found kind of an abrupt transition between fighting the level 2-3 enemies I can handle to suddenly facing the level 5-6 enemies that I can't. I had boosted my stats up into the 15-20 range by then but had only made enough money to buy 1 gem so was just using mostly whatever random gems dropped from fights. So I had a few level 4 and 5 gems but also still had level 1-3 gems.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What determines the difficulty of the enemies you find through the portal? Is it the players level or just how much time has passed? I found kind of an abrupt transition between fighting the level 2-3 enemies I can handle to suddenly facing the level 5-6 enemies that I can't. I had boosted my stats up into the 15-20 range by then but had only made enough money to buy 1 gem so was just using mostly whatever random gems dropped from fights. So I had a few level 4 and 5 gems but also still had level 1-3 gems.
It's player level; that's the closest proxy for power I could find.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
It's player level; that's the closest proxy for power I could find.

Ok thanks. So I probably leveled up too fast compared to how much money I was making.

I think my other problem is most likely that I need to set up multiple gem loadouts that are specialized so for instance no using shields against enemies that poison, no fire against enemies immune to it, etc. I was just pretty much using whatever the highest level random gems I had were. Probably better to specialize even if it's mostly lower level stuff. I hadn't played this in awhile and it looks like the combat is fleshed out significantly more than when I played it before. Looking forward to seeing more.

Last edited:

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Ok thanks. So I probably leveled up too fast compared to how much money I was making.

I think my other problem is most likely that I need to set up multiple gem loadouts that are specialized so for instance no using shields against enemies that poison, no fire against enemies immune to it, etc. I was just pretty much using whatever the highest level random gems I had were. Probably better to specialize even if it's mostly lower level stuff. I hadn't played this in awhile and it looks like the combat is fleshed out significantly more than when I played it before. Looking forward to seeing more.
If not using the guides (as I still do not), it is a learning experience as to what to do. I still play on easy, and use the automatic feature most of the time. Took me a while to figure out the use of the 5 sets of gem slots and know how to set them up. Much later in the game, only the Cambions will strike first. All other enemies, you can look at the enemy's strength and weakness, and change the gems you use.
What your allies can do is important. Bella blocks some damage, for example. Emily shields you, Dylan heals and regenerates you. Katie can throw a powerful fire ball, after you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I try to keep strength, intelligence and charisma fairly even at first. There will be some interactions when working that require each of these to be a certain level to succeed at the task.
Working is also important as different characters that you need to meet will come to the pub.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017

I have found success using Emily if she's available for her shield, and Dylan if she's not, especially if he has learned regeneration. That keeps me alive long enough to whittle the enemy down with Emily's shield stacking turn after turn or regen/heal restoring me every round. Add Molly so she can turn all your cards to jokers, then put your enemy-specific gems in your higher staff slots since the jokers give you lots of 3 and 4 of a kind, straights, flushes, etc. I usually put a poison in the single and/or two pair slot just to get some residual damage for when I'm low on jokers and only have a junk card row to play. I keep a couple lightnings in the upper slots since that builds up and can give you an extra turn right about when you are filling out the board and getting all the free perimeter hands for extra attacks. Fill your last personnel slot with whoever else you want, or the pair you need to trigger a buff or event at a rest stop. Bella is good for the extra 5 draws if no one else is needed. There are probably other strategies that work as well or better that I haven't figured out. I wasn't sure I liked the combat system but it's really become a fun part of the game for me.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
So in my case, I started getting those higher level enemies before Emily or Bella were available. The only people available are Katie, Chloe, and Dylan so far. Have not even met Bella yet and have also not seen the option to upgrade Dylan yet. I suspect I just leveled up too fast. I tend to prioritize enemies over all of the other choices when I'm in the portal. Some of the level 5 and 6 enemies like the Minotaur Lord can kill me in about 2 hits. My stats are all around 20 in everything.

I'm also not save scumming so part of my problem might be low stats. If I go drinking at night I usually get nothing. If I save scummed I'd get a stat increase every time.

One other thing I just noticed is it looks like the book 2 archive on mega is corrupted. I get this error when I unzip it.

book2.jpg

Last edited:

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
So in my case, I started getting those higher level enemies before Emily or Bella were available. The only people available are Katie, Chloe, and Dylan so far. Have not even met Bella yet and have also not seen the option to upgrade Dylan yet. I suspect I just leveled up too fast. I tend to prioritize enemies over all of the other choices when I'm in the portal. Some of the level 5 and 6 enemies like the Minotaur Lord can kill me in about 2 hits. My stats are all around 20 in everything.

I'm also not save scumming so part of my problem might be low stats. If I go drinking at night I usually get nothing. If I save scummed I'd get a stat increase every time.

One other thing I just noticed is it looks like the book 2 archive on mega is corrupted. I get this error when I unzip it.

View attachment 2412024
What day are you on? Perhaps you have been too focussed on Eleswhere trips, and not enough on other things that need to be done along the way? Use the locations tab and look around. Someyimes, you see people at Grass Market... that is where you should meet Bella. Sometimes, people are at the book store or Starcucks, but not in the locations tab.

Not sure why you download Book 2 on Mega, since it's here on first page?

Reactions: Real Kreten

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
What day are you on? Perhaps you have been too focussed on Eleswhere trips, and not enough on other things that need to be done along the way? Use the locations tab and look around. Someyimes, you see people at Grass Market... that is where you should meet Bella. Sometimes, people are at the book store or Starcucks, but not in the locations tab.

Not sure why you download Book 2 on Mega, since it's here on first page?
I was doing the portal every day that didn't include something like a class in the morning. I started over so I don't remember what day it was but somewhere around day 15-20 if I remember right. The Mega link I used is the one linked on the first page. That's why I mentioned it. Maybe one of the other sites has a version that is fine, I haven't checked yet.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
all this talk... what about you keep it in your pants and do not fuck kathie and train with her everyday!
thats 3 stats a day! if you optimize and choose the right book and choices by day 8 you can start training with her everyday!
yeah if you keep it in your pants you get to train with kathie everyday instead of fucking her once!

Anyway i do not have that issue, by the end of book1 all my stats were roughly at 130! by book 2 180 average and by my current stop at book 3 they are 230 and when i hunt i level up at least 1 up!

i did not fighted at the start all training studying hitting the gym i did elsewhere in book 1 for the akane stats and to give dylan the regeneration so perhaps once? maybe a few more for the rage gem the black rose and ofc the temple book!

but your time is better used training and studying! in the end games and further books you get more fight times so to fight at the start is wasting time that could be better used training in the gym or reading!

also Bella is available after day 23 give or take, when you go in use her and her +5 fight times or turns!

also you can squeeze 50 cash from your mom during late night conversations, so why waste studying time?
yeah the useless time when you can only go to sleep can cash you in 50 bucks as long as your pocket money is bellow 200!

Reactions: Real Kreten

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
all this talk... what about you keep it in your pants and do not fuck kathie and train with her everyday!
thats 3 stats a day! if you optimize and choose the right book and choices by day 8 you can start training with her everyday!
yeah if you keep it in your pants you get to train with kathie everyday instead of fucking her once!
Oh wow, that event is repeatable? I'll definitely have to give that at try.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Warscared

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What was this lastest update posted, the info on the OP only has the old date?
A couple of days ago, I just forgot to update the date field.

As for what's new;
- Added more animations to book 1 (4 new animations for Emily, 4 new animations for Molly and an animation for Chloe).
- Act XIV+, adding a bunch of optional side content to Edinburgh, a big replayable scene with Akane, and new events with Molly, Chloe and Sarah.

Reactions: budgierless

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Is there some trick to getting that to work? I did 1 training session with her and got the +1 to all stats and then turned down the "mat work". It's almost the end of the first month now and every time I tell her I want to train, my character says something like I'm still scratched up from the last session, how about dinner instead, which she turns down. I did meet and fuck Bella with her but she still won't train with me.

Reactions: Warscared

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is there some trick to getting that to work? I did 1 training session with her and got the +1 to all stats and then turned down the "mat work". It's almost the end of the first month now and every time I tell her I want to train, my character says something like I'm still scratched up from the last session, how about dinner instead, which she turns down. I did meet and fuck Bella with her but she still won't train with me.
It was an old bug, fixed in latest version.

Having said that, you can always cheat if you want (Ctrl+J, then edit your stats).

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
It was an old bug, fixed in latest version.

Having said that, you can always cheat if you want (Ctrl+J, then edit your stats).
Damn, I thought it was intended as a reward for not going straight to sex. It makes more sense to me that you could keep ongoing training with her. And it doesn't make much sense that he'd still be scratched up if he's an Evoker. You'd think he'd have healed after a couple days at most.

Oh well, guess I'll have to come up with a new routine when I replay once everything is done.

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
A couple of days ago, I just forgot to update the date field.

As for what's new;
- Added more animations to book 1 (4 new animations for Emily, 4 new animations for Molly and an animation for Chloe).
- Act XIV+, adding a bunch of optional side content to Edinburgh, a big replayable scene with Akane, and new events with Molly, Chloe and Sarah.
So, is a new playthrough suggested or anything? I want to see the new stuff, but that will be a lot to go through.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So, is a new playthrough suggested or anything? I want to see the new stuff, but that will be a lot to go through.
Book 1, not necessarily. There's a couple of sexy sequences (Emily stripping for the first time, Molly's nude handstand split, etc) but nothing worth re-playing yet. Save it until I get done with the series, and start looking at Game+ (similar to persona 4/5).

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
Book 1, not necessarily. There's a couple of sexy sequences (Emily stripping for the first time, Molly's nude handstand split, etc) but nothing worth re-playing yet. Save it until I get done with the series, and start looking at Game+ (similar to persona 4/5).
Okay, gotcha. Just something to look forward to then.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes