Daemoniac

Feb 17, 2022
Lol yea that was what it was. i never played this game at all for the renders or the sex. I thought the story at least was unique. even joined your patreon page for a bit. If i was looking for renders or animation hundred's of other VN out there with awesome renders and sex animation. Sorry you took my comment as an attack on the game. I loved the game just thought the latest update was not as good as the game had been. If not for that i would still be a subsciber. And to be honest if a future update is better (in my opinion) i will subscribe again. I realize you can't please everyone,and don't envy you in that task. Still i thought it worth my time to state that i wasn't intentionally attacking the game. (i like the game) just last update was (in my opinion) less interesting to me than the story had been previously.

Can you pinpoint it?

There must be some reason. and cause of frequency of updates... It is too short to judge that big game on one event that has around 15 minutes :)

(Not to mention that last update ws not ...story related... much :D

jock1a

Sep 1, 2022
Can you pinpoint it?

There must be some reason. and cause of frequency of updates... It is too short to judge that big game on one event that has around 15 minutes :)

(Not to mention that last update ws not ...story related... much :D
Very true last update was kinda a filler and the Dev said as much on his patreon page. I just thought it was lacking even taking that into consideration. It is a sandbox game but i thouroughly enjoyed the game. it was a little slow at times but the overall story is good. I loved the caracter's even enjoyed the slow burn at times,because it was differant and interesting. i bought the game on steam and joined the patreon page. SO if i say that the last part was not great to me doesn't mean i don't like the game. I wouldn't say quit every game your playing to play it,but i would recommend it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Very true last update was kinda a filler and the Dev said as much on his patreon page. I just thought it was lacking even taking that into consideration. It is a sandbox game but i thouroughly enjoyed the game. it was a little slow at times but the overall story is good. I loved the caracter's even enjoyed the slow burn at times,because it was differant and interesting. i bought the game on steam and joined the patreon page. SO if i say that the last part was not great to me doesn't mean i don't like the game. I wouldn't say quit every game your playing to play it,but i would recommend it.
It's not *filler*. It fills the *world*. This is how a sandbox evolves and adds non-mandatory content. This has been the case from the very beginning, I always alternate story update with world updates (Act X vs Act X+), so that the world is filled with things to explore and do.

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
I am definitely more of a Katie player. Why couldn't we jump to that timeline lol
Unfortunately, unlikely to be a thing. If his main LI isn't Emily, MC would have died in Samhain. Also, Katie doesn't strike me as someone to discourage him from setting things on fire, unlike Emily, so I'd wager Merlin would very much plan his death thoroughly.

Last edited:

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Unfortunately, unlikely to be a thing. If his main LI isn't Emily, MC would have died in Samhain. Also, Katie doesn't strike me as someone to discourage him from setting things on fire, unlike Emily, so I'd wager Merlin would very much plan his death thoroughly.
As X might ask, "And what if the voices just need him angry this time?"

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
As X might ask, "And what if the voices just need him angry this time?"
Interesting thought, but I doubt it. He'll need to be angry enough, but not to the point of destroying reality. They're on the side of Life and while MC is teasing destroying the universe multiple times in the story, it just doesn't happen because it'll be antithesis to what The Voices stand for. X is...a bit too paranoid. Not without reason, sure. But a little paranoid.

Though he still would've died in Samhain either way. No Emily to pull the sword with him, no X, he dies due to his own spark eating his soul. And Merlin would've made sure of it if his anchor isn't Emily. Simplest solution is what he already said: Just have the Gate not open no matter what.

clitcommander

Feb 22, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
See this is something that has bothered me. X is the link that makes the MC's magic work and could literally shut that off. Doesn't seem that dangerous after he gets X anyway

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
See this is something that has bothered me. X is the link that makes the MC's magic work and could literally shut that off. Doesn't seem that dangerous after he gets X anyway
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Just because he's the focus doesn't mean he'll be able to stop him before he destroys the universe. Also, like I mentioned, he already had close calls to that. Did X do anything during the run back to Mitburgh? How about that time when he changed Henry? Destroyed and replaced Mjolnir? Using the Void power in Mexico? How about the meeting in Day 250? Each of those have MC channeling magic that can destroy the universe. Yet X is silent every time, or at least does nothing as he still channels those powers. He's unlikely to do anything. At least before it's too late.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Interesting thought, but I doubt it. He'll need to be angry enough, but not to the point of destroying reality. They're on the side of Life and while MC is teasing destroying the universe multiple times in the story, it just doesn't happen because it'll be antithesis to what The Voices stand for. X is...a bit too paranoid. Not without reason, sure. But a little paranoid.

Though he still would've died in Samhain either way. No Emily to pull the sword with him, no X, he dies due to his own spark eating his soul. And Merlin would've made sure of it if his anchor isn't Emily. Simplest solution is what he already said: Just have the Gate not open no matter what.
Actually, I was paraphrasing something that X did say... Not sure, but I think after rescuing Emily in Book 3, after the coup.
And what would Emily tell you about trusting the voices? Or Chloe for that matter??? :unsure:

clitcommander

Feb 22, 2018
Certainly X is not demonstrating control but that doesn't confirm he has inability to do so. It is a subject that hasn't been touched but it has been shown X has the ability to tinker with the MC's body, fixing damage, blocking pain receptors, concealing the spark to name a few. Considering how many fail safes Merlin has it wouldn't surprise me if X was another.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Having played and replayed too many times to count any longer, I find that the story Droid weaves seems a bit twisted. No one imagined that Bella would die. And a few things that are somewhat disturbing along the way... At her first meeting with Owyn, Akane mentions "their bond"? So, was Book 1 the beginning? :unsure: And I misplaced the pic I had, but at Pervert's place, when Molly spouts about the father's sins "thrice paid"... service, loyalty and love. Service may be the Coven's sacrifice, loyalty perhaps Bella, and love??? The Voices being on the side of life doesn't say who's life, where, when or which reality. Still trying to figure out how Droid reconciles 2 Emilys and 1 Bella, etc?
Certainly X is not demonstrating control but that doesn't confirm he has inability to do so. It is a subject that hasn't been touched but it has been shown X has the ability to tinker with the MC's body, fixing damage, blocking pain receptors, concealing the spark to name a few. Considering how many fail safes Merlin has it wouldn't surprise me if X was another.
Not thinking X can do much more than he does... which is to bitch about a lot. He couldn't stop MC from any of what he has done so far. Also doubt he is a Merlin failsafe, as he says he was around at the time of the Asyrians, etc... long before Merlin. Owyn just had to pull him from the stone with Emily as part of the prophecy. He can help, or perhaps not help, but doubt he can stop MC from doing anything, it seems. And hiding MC's spark was X at first, but seems now to be MC's own latent sorcery, as X says he's not doing it.

Reactions: Real Kreten

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
Those are things that he already does with his previous wielders, except veiling the Spark. And none of those have anything to do with controlling MC's output. MC can already heal way better than the Firstborns with or without X. Heck, with or without magic (he's totally drained at the end of B2 and X also needed magic to heal him as evidence from Day 76). Blocking pain receptors is something X didn't have to do since B1, IIRC. Veiling the Spark does nothing for its output.

We have no line in the game that says X could do anything to stop the MC from destroying the world. On the other hand, we have several lines from X that suggests that if MC does decide to do it, then he won't be able to do anything to prevent him.

This is basically him straight up implying that he won't be able to do anything if MC does set the whole world on fire. Otherwise, his lines wouldn't have made sense. They're only soooo fucked if it's not prevented.

Here, he basically had to beg for MC to stop doing what he's doing, despite him hearing reality itself ring and thinking he's about to destroy the world. If he had any capability of stopping MC, he'd have displayed it here. Instead, it's the MC that stopped on his own.

Rather than doing any kind of controlling, he had to beg MC to stop. Again.

X literally said he's cowering from MC. If he can stop the MC whenever he feel like it, he wouldn't feel as such. Also, this is X. He faced battles where his wielder is in overwhelmingly disadvantaged. Not just against Outsiders. And he's cowering.

Again, X is not only cowering, you can also feel he's pissed. Yet he didn't (or at least couldn't) do anything to stop the MC from killing his friend. This is MC pissed, sure. This speaks volume on his capability to stop MC if he's properly wrathful and intend to destroy reality.

X implies that MC can do it to him too, despite being his focus. If X can stop the MC (again, based on lines we have in-game, this is very doubtful, at best) and does decide to stop him, I wouldn't be surprised if MC simply changes him. Making him ineffective as a fail safe.

And this is forgetting (construct) Merlin saying (actual) Merlin is terrified of MC if he ever lost Emily for whatever reason. Because he knows he will do everything to get her back. Even breaking the world in the process. Emily is MC's fail safe. That's why MC 2 died. His relationship with Emily barely moved forward and only focused of shagging as many females as possible.

At her first meeting with Owyn, Akane mentions "their bond"? So, was Book 1 the beginning? :unsure: And I misplaced the pic I had, but at Pervert's place, when Molly spouts about the father's sins "thrice paid"... service, loyalty and love. Service may be the Coven's sacrifice, loyalty perhaps Bella, and love???
Their bond is the Chosen Bond. Though "The Beginning" being B1 still can be challenged. It's not the word "bond" that's suspicious. It's The Voices calling it The Reunion (during Akane Chosen ceremony)

And I misplaced the pic I had, but at Pervert's place, when Molly spouts about the father's sins "thrice paid"... service, loyalty and love. Service may be the Coven's sacrifice, loyalty perhaps Bella, and love???

The Voices did say that the Son would pay for the sins of the Father so it can't be the Coven. I believe:
Service = Kulbir
Loyalty = Jalsa
Love = Bella

Though Loyalty and Service characters are arguably interchangeable.

I thought Keith is also part of it (for Loyalty), but it's possible to have him dead before the prophecy even was said if you chose Dresden before Texas (which is the canon in-character choice for MC according to Droid) so I don't think he is.

The Voices being on the side of life doesn't say who's life, where, when or which reality.
Life as a whole, not individuals. Not saying they don't value some life over others, but Outsiders and Necromancers are their antitheses. For example, if the sorcerer/sorceress were to even think of turning necro, then reality would bend over sideways to make sure they die horribly. Also, they don't operate under our usual sense of time, we have lines that suggests they're largely confined within a reality at a time. Like that time when they were relieved when MC survived Thor and pulled X from the stone.
EDIT: Added ISPOILER that I forgot. Oops.

Still trying to figure out how Droid reconciles 2 Emilys and 1 Bella, etc?
Nothing we know of as of now. Probably will only be confirmed until the last few days of B3. Though we'll more than likely have no problem with Bella. MC's vision during her birthday party pretty much guarantees we'll be together with her. Not to mention we already have the adult version render of MC and Bella's twins along with Elanora and teenage Draco. And we know that the twins act like Elanora's bodyguards ala Bella with MC so it's not a case of kids in separate realities.

Holy crap. The reply is way longer than I expected. :ROFLMAO: Granted, I'm replying to two people, but still.

Last edited:

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Their bond is the Chosen Bond. Though "The Beginning" being B1 still can be challenged. It's not the word "bond" that's suspicious. It's The Voices calling it The Reunion (during Akane Chosen ceremony)

Yes, I know what the bond referred to is, but if Book 1 was the beginning, the bond would not have been created yet. It was part of a ceremony, not inherent from birth. So, the ceremony must have already happened... some when??? ))) I have the "reunion" also, but did not put it in my post. I think it was Molly who said it while getting MC ready for his date with Akane. These lines are why replay is so important (to me), as I find more and more ties in Book 1 to later events.
Service = Kulbir
Loyalty = Jalsa
Love = Bella
Not likely, as that would mean the debt has already been paid. Service could be Kulbir, although he served the crown, not really Owyn/ Winter King, and Jalsa was there more for "glory in death" and "a challenge". Bella could fit all 3 categories, but the "love" has always been Emily, which is unpleasant to think about. At least Bella's death was a bit of a surprise. My thought of Emily being next is more horror/ suspense. Hope I'm wrong!

Daemoniac

Feb 17, 2022

Yes, I know what the bond referred to is, but if Book 1 was the beginning, the bond would not have been created yet. It was part of a ceremony, not inherent from birth. So, the ceremony must have already happened... some when??? ))) I have the "reunion" also, but did not put it in my post. I think it was Molly who said it while getting MC ready for his date with Akane. These lines are why replay is so important (to me), as I find more and more ties in Book 1 to later events.

Not likely, as that would mean the debt has already been paid. Service could be Kulbir, although he served the crown, not really Owyn/ Winter King, and Jalsa was there more for "glory in death" and "a challenge". Bella could fit all 3 categories, but the "love" has always been Emily, which is unpleasant to think about. At least Bella's death was a bit of a surprise. My thought of Emily being next is more horror/ suspense. Hope I'm wrong!

And Aye love is always Em, but during B2 ending ceremony even Em said that Bella did that for "Man she loved"

And why the hell I am reading and typing this? Onion pixies everywhere!

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
the bond would not have been created yet.
She's a Seer. Future Sight is their deal. That's why she's only able to see MC after she touched him. It's about their future Bond. See that her eyes are glowing when she talked about it, thus her using her powers as a Seer.

Not likely, as that would mean the debt has already been paid.
The Voices said:
The Son shall wash away the Father's sins...paying in blood and fire the toll long postponed. The Light of the Black Sun shall cleanse the world.

Thrice paid. Once in loyalty. Once in Service. Once in love. Thrice paid...before The Return.
It depends on what they meant by "The Return," I guess. The whole B3 may as well be MC's Return so my three guesses are based on that interpretation. If it is, then yeah. It's already been paid there. Though there's also a specific Act with the same name. Is it pertaining to that one though? Maybe. I genuinely dunno. Driod loves putting double-meaning on Act names so I wouldn't be so sure. For example, who could've thought Dead Man Walking is also talking about Thor. :ROFLMAO:

but the "love" has always been Emily
MC does love The Chosen though. Just never to the same degree as he does Emily. A Chosen dying would give MC depression. Emily dying would cause him to destroy reality itself. (Possibly go hunting on the same culprit on multiple realities too but while that one's my headcanon, I wouldn't put it past him)

It solves the dilemma of two realities, I guess. Grim as it is. Though the Chosen would also likely die with it, causing the contradiction of the vision. Can't have the twins and Bella if she died in R2. It's why I dismiss her being part of that 3 payments altogether.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Onion pixies everywhere!
Opinion, AND trying to guess how it all plays out, AND "Sherlock Holming" the apparent clues in the story. I have said before that this story is better than most of what Hollywood passes for entertainment!
She's a Seer.
Yes, but Molly is not... and the voices told her it was a reunion, which suggests a prior "union"... some when, or reality.
It depends on what they meant by "The Return," I guess.
The entire Book 3 is "The Return". Who's returning? Doubt the MC pulled to another reality is THE return. Also, several characters talk of Horny always returning, and when Merlin's ghost said he did everything because he wants his mommy back, tends to leave much open. And again, if the debt had been "thrice paid" already, all should be done. Droid's double or hidden meanings is what makes LOM so much fun!!! Although the Michael Bey, blowing stuff up part does work well! :cool:

MC does love The Chosen though. Just never to the same degree as he does Emily. A Chosen dying would give MC depression. Emily dying would cause him to destroy reality itself. (Possibly go hunting on the same culprit on multiple realities too but while that one's my headcanon, I wouldn't put it past him)

It solves the dilemma of two realities, I guess. Grim as it is. Though the Chosen would also likely die with it, causing the contradiction of the vision. Can't have the twins and Bella if she died in R2. It's why I dismiss her being part of that 3 payments altogether.
Destroying reality would not seem to resolve the who is returning where thought. I still tend to think The Mother may be part of "the return", based on her being the source of sorcery, and Merlin wanting his mommy back. THAT, from him, sticks in my head. Also Samael saying that she has done this before, though not for so long.
Just so many ways things can go... all we can really do is be patient... and reply... replay... try some other game that holds my interest for 15 mins, then do another LOM replay!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Real Kreten
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes