Dactess

Sep 9, 2021
So I am behind a few updates and thought I might as well play through them again to refresh my memory. Which brings me to a question about Book 1 act II i believe.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was going through the early pages but couldn't see any mention of the event.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So I am behind a few updates and thought I might as well play through them again to refresh my memory. Which brings me to a question about Book 1 act II i believe.

I was going through the early pages but couldn't see any mention of the event.

Reactions: Real Kreten

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
Interesting thoughts. Though with bits minor corrections:

So the MC being able to use sorcery means he is descendent from the mother
Minor thing, but that wouldn't track. None of the Firstborns are sorcs. And they're direct children of both Horney and The Mother. Sorcerers are either The Mother's Chosen or their descendants.

so basically the MC is the human god!
as the demon god explained all other "gods" are just demi gods or ascendents
Firstborns aren't either. And they're supposedly full-blooded gods.

but there are only 1 god per race so i supose old horny conjectured everything
Not really true. The Demons have 4. No reason Humanity can't have 2. Or 3, for that matter *nudge**nudge* *wink**wink*

i also suspect the others are connected to the mother somehow!
they only started appearing and taking out pantheons when the mother disapeared
No. The Outsiders have been terrorizing Humanity ever since before The Ascension. So, roughly 12k years ago. Mother only disappeared ~1800 years ago.

its also quite interesting that they only target decadent human pantheons!
They tried to target The Fae twice and Horney (despite being barely his younger self now), Cu, and Lugh are far from decadent. It's only Thor that believes that and nobody else.

its also quite interesting that there is only 1 god per race and yet the humans had a couple as gods...
No. Demons have 4. Humanity had 2. Schwartzalf seem to only have 1. There doesn't seem to be a hard limit to these things.

was that why humans were so fragile at the start ?
A couple of things, but mostly I'll attribute it to having no magic. One thing to remember: Samael is talking about things tens or hundreds of thousands years ago. And people from back then simply would have no chance against a mage. Nevermind demon hordes of them. As such, they became sport to hunt like we do the bunnies in the woods. Only after humanity's sentience gave birth to both Horney and The Mother that magic started to enter the Human race. Youngest estimate of Horney age is ~50k years old. And he likely is way older than that.

she disappeared when the war was piratically won!
While we have zero concrete knowledge about why and how she disappeared, but it does seem to be that she tried something. Whether that was a success, failure, or even still being played out is anyone's guess.

MC being fully god along with Horney and The Mother though does seem like a great idea. The two of them were born from Humanity and right now the same Humanity is propping up MC for his destiny. Not exactly 1:1, but I can totally see it happening. Actually, I want to see it happen. Though I'll also take whatever Droid has planned for him.

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
i had assumed the mother vanished 12k years ago when the golden city was abandoned or destroyed or whatever happened there!

but for Chloe to be the last chosen of the mother it would make sense to be more recent!

i guess i just conjectured things in my mind ...
Yeah, Chloe gave the exact date in B1.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Minor thing, but that wouldn't track. None of the Firstborns are sorcs. And they're direct children of both Horney and The Mother. Sorcerers are either The Mother's Chosen or their descendants.
Not 100% sure, but I think Odin referenced some knowledge of sorcery MC used when hr took down Torman/ Thor? And again not sure, but I think someone else said something about the firstborn and some level of sorcery???
And yes, sorcery entered "the world" after The Mother "left" and her chosen entered the world... some starting families.
Firstborns aren't either. And they're supposedly full-blooded gods.
Samael did talk about Horney and The Mother as being the only true human gods.
i had assumed the mother vanished 12k years ago when the golden city was abandoned or destroyed or whatever happened there!
I forget exact, but after returning from Camelot, Chloe was depressed and drinking (new animation), and MC sat down for a chat. She mentioned it had been 1 thousand, 8 hundred, ??? days (may have said the hours?) since The Mother had left.
"Visual Novel sandbox RPG"
ty, now i know that this is crap
Words to live by, that! :rolleyes:

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
Not 100% sure, but I think Odin referenced some knowledge of sorcery MC used when hr took down Torman/ Thor? And again not sure, but I think someone else said something about the firstborn and some level of sorcery???
And yes, sorcery entered "the world" after The Mother "left" and her chosen entered the world... some starting families.
The only time I remember Odin talking anything about sorcery is during the wedding day, when he described the wedding dance as fascinating and while the sorcery is not at the level as when MC broke Mjolnir. "But impressive nonetheless." Note that Odin started calling MC "Brother" here. One that seem to have started at the same time in R2 as he was about to decapitate both him and his son. So he's probably much more impressed than he let on.

Though Sorcery/Sorcerers, as a rule, don't get tied to any Court. So even if Sorcery is a thing by the time Firstborns were...well, born, they won't be part of it. Powerful courts/factions/pantheons generally may have Seers but no Sorcerers. MC and Molly are special case due to his destiny destroying the antithesis of Life itself and whatever goals Merlin/Horney/The Voices have for him. Though this also makes him extremely dangerous. Sorcs generally are already dangerous regardless of how "weak" they are as a mage. Nevermind someone like him, who could dispose of one of the most powerful Firstborn like nothing. It's why even Merlin is afraid of him.

Samael did talk about Horney and The Mother as being the only true human gods.
I'm more talking in the context of him saying MC being able to use sorcery and being descended from Horney and The Mother (already talked about The Mother) or Chosen's descendant makes him full god or something. In that, I brought up the Firstborns who, just talking about bloodlines, are "full" gods. They're neither "actual" Gods, nor are they Sorcerers. But yeah, you're correct. Only "actual" Gods of Humanity are Horney and The Mother. Though other than their origin story and the raw power/skill, nothing much is known whether the hard distinction even makes any sense. Probably why not even Horney bothered to make the distinction during your talk after the dragon in B1. Only thing we know is that Samael only ever considered the two as his equal. Might also be a pride thing. Maybe MC will join their fold. Who knows?

I forget exact, but after returning from Camelot, Chloe was depressed and drinking (new animation), and MC sat down for a chat. She mentioned it had been 1 thousand, 8 hundred, ??? days (may have said the hours?) since The Mother had left.
Yup. :) The exact quote and date is in my reply just above yours.

1lonegamer

Apr 30, 2017
Totally agree, i am saying that just because i play the first 2 books not saving in the scenes and i cant rewatch them never again xd, but is not a big problem, i just need to start a new game and make a save before the scenes i like :v thx for answer bro <3
Load from Day. Don't need saves just something that tells you what day to load.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I still wanna have sex with the big Russian bear muscle bodyguard lady.
Finnish, but apart from that I agree.

I just never got to the point where any of them lean that way. Jalsa was up for sex once, but after that she's shown no interest. I wanted the Onsen scene to go that way, but... they told me they really like MC like a friend, and totally see him as an older brother figure.

Friendzoning happens to the best of us, including wargods descendant from fertility gods.

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
And with that, Act XV's final day is done.

I've got some optional side quests and cleanup to do, but the game is entering its final Act... soon :)
Sad to see this end but I want to see how it ends. Strange that isn't. Well either way I wish you luck and fortune. Can't wait to see the new game!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sad to see this end but I want to see how it ends. Strange that isn't. Well either way I wish you luck and fortune. Can't wait to see the new game!
Yeah. It'll be strange, after almost 4 years of my life, spending all my free time on it, and then having it end.

Anyway, development branch is updated for anyone on Steam.... hope you like it :)

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes