Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ohh, naughty snowdrop, ain't that (snow)white, if you see what I mean :p ;-)
I actually think she is snow white, in terms of her soul being clean. Yes, she's clearly done a lot of weird shit (both in LoM and Morningstar) but the fundamental nature of snowdrop is that they don't affect her in the slightest.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I actually think she is snow white, in terms of her soul being clean. Yes, she's clearly done a lot of weird shit (both in LoM and Morningstar) but the fundamental nature of snowdrop is that they don't affect her in the slightest.
Agree, that is a big part of her appeal. She does "stuff" :p :), but she has that kind of lack of any indication of malice, which is nice.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I guess a bar named "The Last Drop" could be found just about anywhere!

Not sure I would put Snowdrop in the same category as Snow White, though... Unless, she and the dwarfs were getting into "things" that were left out of the book and movie!!! :unsure:
The original Last Drop is a bar in Edinburgh (at the Grassmarket, where MC tends to drink when he's not working). It refers to the fact that it's next to the old gallows, so the condemned men would get a last drink before their last drop. There are also layers there; the original gallows was built by Deacon Broadies, who was later immortalized as the lead character in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; Deacon Broadies old workshop was later turned into a pub, bearing his name, which is what the Crowley was inspired by.

Anyway; the Last Drop serves a similar purpose to the Crowley in Morningstar; it's a place to meet fun characters, chill with a drink, and enjoy your staff discount.

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
Not sure I would put Snowdrop in the same category as Snow White, though... Unless, she and the dwarfs were getting into "things" that were left out of the book and movie!!! :unsure:
Not while she's awake, no. I guess the SW dwarves were inspiration for a lot of F95 MCs.

• Wow
Reactions: LadySmoks

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I'm catching up on bookIII, and I've got one question, we are meant to loose against the big doggy right?
There's no scenario in which we can win?

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
The original Last Drop is a bar in Edinburgh (at the Grassmarket, where MC tends to drink when he's not working). It refers to the fact that it's next to the old gallows, so the condemned men would get a last drink before their last drop. There are also layers there; the original gallows was built by Deacon Broadies, who was later immortalized as the lead character in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; Deacon Broadies old workshop was later turned into a pub, bearing his name, which is what the Crowley was inspired by.

Anyway; the Last Drop serves a similar purpose to the Crowley in Morningstar; it's a place to meet fun characters, chill with a drink, and enjoy your staff discount.
Yes, as I am loving every second of LOM (again and again), I have become very familiar with The Last Drop... AND, find that history lesson fascinating! One of the many things you do so well in LOM, is weaving reality, myth and your story together. And now, in addition to character faces, you give us a familiar place for them (and us) to hang out at Last Drop in MS. )))

If air travel ever gets straightened out in US, I think I'll talk my husband into taking me and our son to Edinburgh. Not doing it now, with the chance of being stuck in an airport, indefinitely, with a 10 yo... or my husband, who can be little better than a toddler at times.

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
I'm catching up on bookIII, and I've got one question, we are meant to loose against the big doggy right?
No, you're meant to win. You fight Fenrir, Jormungandr, and Hel. Though the last one's not yet in the game.

Well, meant in this case is it's beatable. The trio are meant as a challenge for those very knowledgeable in the Poker gameplay. Or those with enough Rage, I guess. Though I'm not sure if we're getting that option for the last one.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
No, you're meant to win. You fight Fenrir, Jormungandr, and Hel. Though the last one's not yet in the game.

Well, meant in this case is it's beatable. The trio are meant as a challenge for those very knowledgeable in the Poker gameplay. Or those with enough Rage, I guess. Though I'm not sure if we're getting that option for the last one.
Ah shit. when I saw his HP, I just assumed we were meant to loose, and just threw the fitght so it would be over quicker LOL.

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
Ah shit. when I saw his HP, I just assumed we were meant to loose, and just threw the fitght so it would be over quicker LOL.
LOL. But yeah, he's meant to be a challenge, but there hasn't been any unwinnable fight since the dragon from B1. And we're far, far more powerful now. :cool: Command the doggy to sit and beg for its life.

EDIT: If you're having trouble with him, then try using the new gems Droid graced us with. Or just have 150 rage for both fights and win instantly. :p

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
LOL. But yeah, he's meant to be a challenge, but there hasn't been any unwinnable fight since the dragon from B1. And we're far, far more powerful now. :cool: Command the doggy to sit and beg for its life.

EDIT: If you're having trouble with him, then try using the new gems Droid graced us with. Or just have 150 rage for both fights and win instantly. :p
Since I past it now, how can I retrigger it? I've tried to head back to the scouting point, but no door appears.

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
Unfortunately, you'll have to load an earlier save from before you fought him. It becomes available from Day 220, I think, so Load from Day there would be a safe bet.

I...don't know if there's a flag you can enable (or disable) in the debug menu to reopen the quest line once you lost but there likely is. You'll have to ask Droid or someone else for it if you want to know. I haven't tried it.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
That did not work either :(
Chances are my saves are all bugged though, the save was from a chap3 version quite a few months back, no telling which flags are missing from it :D

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
That did not work either :(
Chances are my saves are all bugged though, the save was from a chap3 version quite a few months back, no telling which flags are missing from it :D
Likely. Could be a good time for a fresher playthrough. :) At least of B3. Especially if Droid's planning to make a NG+ using the end of B3 save. To prevent further issues appearing there. Though reliving the moments of Tomas The Wall Hanger, Jerkoff The Incontinent Chihuahua, Arundel The Fried Squirrel, and Reneal The Pork Chop, among others sounds like a great time to me. :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Likely. Could be a good time for a fresher playthrough. :) At least of B3. Especially if Droid's planning to make a NG+ using the end of B3 save. To prevent further issues appearing there. Though reliving the moments of Tomas The Wall Hanger, Jerkoff The Incontinent Chihuahua, Arundel The Fried Squirrel, and Reneal The Pork Chop, among others sounds like a great time to me. :ROFLMAO:
It is, I may even replay all two previous books as well from scratch.
I mean, there's a LOT, and it's been years since bookI already. A refresher will be nice :D

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It is, I may even replay all two previous books as well from scratch.
I mean, there's a LOT, and it's been years since bookI already. A refresher will be nice :D
If you haven't played it in years, there's a lot of changes to book 1. I did a refresher pass after Act VII, and then another one once I got my hands on the 3090, and started doing more animations.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
If you haven't played it in years, there's a lot of changes to book 1. I did a refresher pass after Act VII, and then another one once I got my hands on the 3090, and started doing more animations.
replayting book3, I can confirm that not playing it for too long, bork things up.
A LOT of things never triggered on my previous save, like I never went to japan, Jenny was in there totally out of the blue, I was unable to recruit the battlehealer until very very very late in the story and so on. Really odd.

I started bookIII again by importing the bookII save, and all seems to be running just fine now.

I doubt many others would have this issue though, since it seems to be happening only because I purposely waited a long time, so I could just keep playing for a long time, instead of every updates :)

I suspect because I passed some day/dates before the updates happened, some events never triggered, and this cascaded into many quests/side quests never triggering/finishing.

Daemoniac

Feb 17, 2022
If you have discord, just visit us, we tested those fights... a lot... And we can help you with strategies and stuff.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
If you have discord, just visit us, we tested those fights... a lot... And we can help you with strategies and stuff.
Thank you, but I have stopped using discord years ago.
I've finished both fights just fine anyway, since I now knew they were doable :)

The amount of stuff that did NOT trigger on my first run, was astounding though. I have no idea what made that happen, considering last time I played book3 I used the exact same bookII save import, I still do not understand how that could happen. But anyway, it's all done and good now.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thank you, but I have stopped using discord years ago.
I've finished both fights just fine anyway, since I now knew they were doable :)

The amount of stuff that did NOT trigger on my first run, was astounding though. I have no idea what made that happen, considering last time I played book3 I used the exact same bookII save import, I still do not understand how that could happen. But anyway, it's all done and good now.
At a guess it's a really old beta branch save, you could progress past triggers that way.

And yeah, it's a big game; the final Act XV+ pass was pretty epic :D

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes