Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Small bug in 0.6.7 : in the round table, clicking on Zenia opens Matthew instead.
Not really a bug, it's because she doesn't have any dialog yet, and clicking on any character in a room it'll first check that character for an active convo, then check the others. A typical example of that is day 3 of Book 3, where you can click on any of the three girls to advance the story.

Having said that, it's probably best not to use this thread for reporting issues with development branch, it moves way too fast and would confuse people playing the public build (as an example, this is yesterday's development branch build-notes):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tons of little things will get sorted and streamlined before the game hits a public audience.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Droid Productions After numerous playthrus and piecing together my "personalized" walkthrough, I've started what many RPG gamers like to do - my "perfect" character build. I know getting swordsmanship to level 30 gets maximum damage for X but, is there any purpose to raising it higher?

Skode

Mar 9, 2020

A quick look at the total speaking cast :)
I talk a little more about it in :
This game has voiced dialogue? I somehow had no idea - i tried it a while back, the story here was awesome (and being scottish i got a laugh out of your attempts to try and mimic scots in written form for our beloved red heads) but laptop shit the bed, lost all my saves and have yet to get around to really throwing myself at the game again from scratch to get back to where i was and all the storyline that has come since. Either way good to see your still at it, few games of this calibre kicking about in all honesty (with a poker themed combat system no less which should not work but somehow does lol)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This game has voiced dialogue? I somehow had no idea - i tried it a while back, the story here was awesome (and being scottish i got a laugh out of your attempts to try and mimic scots in written form for our beloved red heads) but laptop shit the bed, lost all my saves and have yet to get around to really throwing myself at the game again from scratch to get back to where i was and all the storyline that has come since. Either way good to see your still at it, few games of this calibre kicking about in all honesty (with a poker themed combat system no less which should not work but somehow does lol)
Sadly this is just me talking about the game :)

I've been trying a couple of times to get it voiced, but my VA flaked on me :)

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Sadly this is just me talking about the game :)

I've been trying a couple of times to get it voiced, but my VA flaked on me :)
you are full of talents and exceptional skills... that being said...
do not get me wrong but except for voicing a teacher your voice does not have what it takes!
Somehow you voicing Kathie would defeat the purpose,
i do not even want to imagine what it would sound like you voicing Chloe
"well mr vice president i have been a naughty secretary... please spank me!"
or even worse... the stick of delight scene with you voicing emily...
it sort of defeats the purpose is all i am saying!
its like the last update of eternum where the psychologist with the massive tits is a skinny dude,
i wanted to throw up for even thinking i had considered tapping that

• Hey there
Reactions: Real Kreten

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
On the voice acting, it's usually a nuisance in AVNs more than anything else.

Everyone's reading speed is different, and I found waiting for spoken dialogues to be done, to be quite annoying.

Then comes the sex scenes. What's written during a sex scene, can't be voiced most of the time, especially they way droid does it, depicting the acts in details. This usually only leaves repeating moaning sounds, and scarce dialogues between the participants. Personally, I'm happier with unvoiced AVNs :)

Although, I'd pay to hear Brian Blessed as the MC.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I can't figure out how to open this on mac. I'm a noob at computer stuff, someone pls help

OSX:

There are two things you need to do to make it run:
xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book1

(assuming your username is xxx and you've installed it to the desktop, otherwise change the path). This will remove the quarantine flag (by default, any app you download from the net gets quarantined on Mac, so it refuses to run).

sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book1

(same, replace the path name to where you've installed the game).
This gives it execute permissions; since I build on PC, I can't give the app execute permissions (755), so you need to do that from the terminal.

More info here:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sometime version numbers just work out perfectly...
(Just pushed to steam development branch)

• Day 269
  • Molly's gotten her choker back in R1
  • New R1 relaxation images in the KD
  • Fixed a bug where if one room event adds more than one character, only the first one is shown
  • Fixed a bug where bedroom and camelot bathroom wasn't accessible from quicknav in R1

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020

• Day 269
  • Fixed a bug where if one room event adds more than one character, only the first one is shown
  • Fixed a bug where bedroom and camelot bathroom wasn't accessible from quicknav in R1
Yeah, knowing you... it's TOTALLY not intentional, and has TOTALLY not been planned for weeks at least :D

Reactions: Droid Productions

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Then comes the sex scenes. What's written during a sex scene, can't be voiced most of the time, especially they way droid does it, depicting the acts in details.
With modern AI technology you could have the Burned Man read them to you.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020

• Day 269
Any idea how long it takes to be available?
I've been waiting since you've posted that, but it still isn't pushed on my client.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes