Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I do not recognize that belly button... But I do recognize the flower...

Is it our favorite rope bunny?
View attachment 2890618

While we're on the rope bunny subject, how does Emily stands on being one of those, with Molly's very needed help of course?
It's an epilogue shot of Jenny, assuming you completed her three quest lines (Black Rose, Collared and You Raise Me Up).

Emily would give you a frosty glare if you even suggested it; it's not something she'd be into. Neither would Bella. Molly would be enthusiastic, and Akane would be into it, at least at the milder variations. Katie would offer to tie *you* up, and bring out the strapon, after which the topic is never raised again.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
It's an epilogue shot of Jenny, assuming you completed her three quest lines (Black Rose, Collared and You Raise Me Up).

Emily would give you a frosty glare if you even suggested it; it's not something she'd be into. Neither would Bella. Molly would be enthusiastic, and Akane would be into it, at least at the milder variations. Katie would offer to tie *you* up, and bring out the strapon, after which the topic is never raised again.
Emily can be convinced I'm sure!
With her lack of experience, and her undying trust in the MC, she'd try it at least once I'm sure :D

Molly can be... very convincing :D

As for Katie, yeah she would, on Bella. Wouldn't surprise me if those two already did it in the past even!

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Emily would give you a frosty glare if you even suggested it; it's not something she'd be into.
She wasn't too into a dragon egg waiting to hatch at The King's Dragon, but MC talked her into it. As Molly would say (in her Emily voice), "Oh foresooth, my heart, whatith ever am I to doeth with thee?" And then there are Molly's persuasive mind tricks! How many here saw the cucumbers coming? o_O

Kaintfm

Apr 26, 2021
Just wrote a rather scathing review, but just in case I missed something or am being overly uncharitable, correct me if my grievances are wrong.

1. Gameplay serves no purpose since you can't lose. 1hp and you just keep going, so no reason to spend any time on it.
2. No reason to do anything but sleep until the story continues. Building up money, stats, etc serves no purpose.
3. You're forced to play as a cheating scumbag. No way to avoid it.
4. All choices are an illusion. Story plays out kinetically, only the fake sandbox requires lots of additional mouse clicks.
5. Adult content is pretty low-end. Not a lot of renders, and choices are an illusion.

Daemoniac

Feb 17, 2022
Just wrote a rather scathing review, but just in case I missed something or am being overly uncharitable, correct me if my grievances are wrong.

1. Gameplay serves no purpose since you can't lose. 1hp and you just keep going, so no reason to spend any time on it.
2. No reason to do anything but sleep until the story continues. Building up money, stats, etc serves no purpose.
4. All choices are an illusion. Story plays out kinetically, only the fake sandbox requires lots of additional mouse clicks.
5. Adult content is pretty low-end. Not a lot of renders, and choices are an illusion.
1. You can lose. It just saves you time just to look to "you died" screen and reloading. Only 1 HP rule is in story battles, so we can play battle just for addition and for fun.
2. Where you got that? There is a lot of SIDE CONTENT, and someone (like me) like those poker puzzle battles.
3. If you read carefully, you can see that your statement is not right.
4. Choices are mostly in side quests, that are connected to sandbox and you slept over that, so there is that.
5. Just different style, and if you are judging by first book, that is few years old.

Your post is mostly just your ignorance. But we do not blame you. But trashing it like that? Heh? Hope you are now feeling better about yourself ;)

Last edited:

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018

1. The point of that was so that players who don't like and/or don't want to bother with the combat system can still play the game.
2. Sure, if you don't want to explore things and see more of the background story.
3. Not sure what you mean by that. There are cheats that are easily accessible for those that want them, but they are no way required.
4. Yes and no. The main story isn't going to change, but there are subtle things you can alter. Many other games do the the same.
5. Pretty much the same as 4 except that there are plenty of scenes that many would say are the best you can find right now. Your opinion on the quality of the renders is subjective, but once you get used to a certain style, you're biased, so I can't really disagree.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I feel you man, gamers nowadays are so coddled. Back in my day it was almost impossible to not lose. And when you did lose the game deleted itself and all your copies and banned you from ever buying the game again. And if you complained the publishers would send a hit squad to beat you up. And we were happy about it!
Back in my day you had to have the perfect strategy executed equally perfectly or you would end up short in money or stats and making the game unwinnable. And the game mechanics were so convoluted that we had to disassemble the game to make any sense out of it. And we were happy about it!
Back in my day we were never cheating scumbags. It was a miracle even if there was just one woman in the game and we got to see one line of dialog from her. And we were happy about it!
Back in my day there were so many choices and paths in the games that they were virtually impossible to finish. The game developers even had special rewards to anyone who was able to beat it. Which of course never happened. And we were happy about it.
Back in my day we were lucky if there was even one skin-colored pixel in the game. That we couldn't even tell what it was supposed to be. And we were happy about it! Let me tell you, it was the hottest thing ever.

Signed,
Your resident Grumpy Old Man

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020

Basically, you are saying you saw pretty girls in the cover page, and are disappointed that this is not a 2 click FAP?

Kaintfm

Apr 26, 2021
Basically, you are saying you saw pretty girls in the cover page, and are disappointed that this is not a 2 click FAP?
Not at all. I rather enjoy a slow burn. Hell, Out of Touch is one of my favorites and there's almost no adult content until you're 15 hours in, and even then it's sparse.

1. You can lose. It just saves you time just to look to "you died" screen and reloading. Only 1 HP rule is in story battles, so we can play battle just for addition and for fun.
2. Where you got that? There is a lot of SIDE CONTENT, and someone (like me) like those poker puzzle battles.
3. If you read carefully, you can see that your statement is not right.
4. Choices are mostly in side quests, that are connected to sandbox and you slept over that, so there is that.
5. Just different style, and if you are judging by first book, that is few years old.

Your post is mostly just your ignorance. But we do not blame you. But trashing it like that? Heh? Hope you are now feeling better about yourself ;)
Thanks for the response. I spent time learning how to play the poker game efficiently only to find that you can't lose. I was looking forward to powering up and getting better at it only to find that there's no point. Worse still, you still have to play through them to continue the story even though there's no point, and playing poker to fight is not exactly exciting. There's not a lot of visceral thrill in punching someone with a pair of deuces. I can't comment on the side content for the whole game, but in the first few hours there's very little. Also, the stats you can level up also seem to serve no purpose other than unlock a bit of dialogue here and there. It just feels very poorly planned out. The attempts to add gameplay elements actually detract from the story.

Finally, having the MC profess his undying love for one character while forcing them to cheat on her with another is a huge no-no for me. It makes the MC unlikable, and since I'm playing as him, it makes me want to stop playing right then and there. Given how many games out there offer the choice to screw or not screw the various love interests, this shouldn't have been too hard to code.

The end result is the Eight Deadly Words: I don't care what happens to these people. Perhaps the game improves in the second and third volumes? I don't know, but the amount of grind to reach them, especially having to sit around while the ridiculous and pointless card game plays out... just can't do it. Anyway, thanks for responding. It's good that some people do like the game even if it's obviously not my cup of tea. Hell, there are people who swear that Battlefield: Earth is a cinematic masterpiece. To each their own.

What's fascinating is that the authors of this game also made Paradise Lust, which I only recently wrote a glowing review for. Maybe they learned from the mistakes in this game and didn't repeat them in the other?

Last edited:

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Not at all. I rather enjoy a slow burn. Hell, Out of Touch is one of my favorites and there's almost no adult content until you're 15 hours in, and even then it's sparse.
Well, to answer you more seriously, I believe the only required cheating are the 3 Chosen being "initiated". They are required for the story, but I don't think you have to have sex with them after they become chosen. They will still serve their Master. Molly's initiation, MC "ridden by a God" seems a clue to his father, as does the general way MC goes about making his chosen.

Building stats gives small rewards, like success or fail to open small dialogs or side events, but that makes it a game. Personally, I still have not used the guide, and enjoy trying to "stumble" across what opens the extra content. I still do battles on easy and use the automatic, most times, but have learned a bit of strategy, like when the board is almost full, use 2 companions to strike, cast barrier and discard to force the opponent to use a turn, then my turn, Molly gives me all jokers, and I make the final hit which can be either 3 or 5 strikes. Only the main battles that progress the story are "no lose". Not sure, but I do not think many games listed on this site have a situation where you lose a battle and the game resets, as Play Station games do.

As for caring about the characters... Just to say that the end of Bk 2 could make my husband tear up.

Kaintfm

Apr 26, 2021
Well, to answer you more seriously, I believe the only required cheating are the 3 Chosen being "initiated". They are required for the story, but I don't think you have to have sex with them after they become chosen. They will still serve their Master. Molly's initiation, MC "ridden by a God" seems a clue to his father, as does the general way MC goes about making his chosen.

Building stats gives small rewards, like success or fail to open small dialogs or side events, but that makes it a game. Personally, I still have not used the guide, and enjoy trying to "stumble" across what opens the extra content. I still do battles on easy and use the automatic, most times, but have learned a bit of strategy, like when the board is almost full, use 2 companions to strike, cast barrier and discard to force the opponent to use a turn, then my turn, Molly gives me all jokers, and I make the final hit which can be either 3 or 5 strikes. Only the main battles that progress the story are "no lose". Not sure, but I do not think many games listed on this site have a situation where you lose a battle and the game resets, as Play Station games do.

As for caring about the characters... Just to say that the end of Bk 2 could make my husband tear up.
Thanks for the response. I may revisit the game somewhere down the line. Perhaps a fresh run will change my perspective. If I could, I would replace the card game with a rendered fight scene (think Sorceror from Talothral) and remove the free-roam component and unnecessary mouse clicks in favor of a more streamlined experience with less stops and starts. I'd also invent a way to avoid adult scenes you're not interested in. Would be pretty easy to weave into the story. That's just me though, and who am I? :)

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
The end result is the Eight Deadly Words: I don't care what happens to these people.
This is easily the best game on here focusing on those people you do not care about.
Every single one of the characters in this novel has a perfectly written personality.
They give their own perspectives that help each scene flow, progressing the story, and side quests very smoothly.
BUT in the end, there is only so much one can do when they don't even play much more than the intro I suppose.
Edit: The end of Book Two made ME tear up.

clitcommander

Feb 22, 2018
Working on day 288 (out of 288) now.

After that, I've got one more daily event (day 287), and some optional encounters (talking to matthew, talking to draco).

Then collectibles and chevrons.

Then... it's done.
Glad to be back in the world where Matthew doesn't double down on bad ideas =)

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
Is there a "story mode" difficulty? Looks interesting, but I don't think the poker aspect will be up my alley, so I was hoping there's a skip battles option. No disrespect to the makers, of course.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is there a "story mode" difficulty? Looks interesting, but I don't think the poker aspect will be up my alley, so I was hoping there's a skip battles option. No disrespect to the makers, of course.
There's an easy mode, and you can edit your stats to make battles trivially easy (Ctrl+J, then bump up your STR/CHR/INT). There's only something like 5 mandatory battles across 3 books.

• Hey there
Reactions: Warscared
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes