LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
So... I'm nearing end of book 1 and i have to ask is it possible to not date/get together with Emily?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you're nearing the end of Book 1, it should be evident that if the two aren't together, the story just stops halfway through the book, no? No Emily = No X nor Mantle and you die because of either Thor or the Dragon. It's not just the spell. It helped them find each other and have an early momentum in their relationship, but it's far from the only thing. On one hand, I get where the question's coming from, but on the other hand, with the context of the story, it's kinda silly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mangananga

Jun 14, 2018
It's a reasonably central part of the plot. I wouldn't call it a mechanic; there's only one girl that is visible pregnant, but there is a significant amount of dialog about their child, the girl gets visibly pregnant, and you have an epilogue where you see the child (and her half-siblings) grown up.

It's a story first and foremost; if you just want a game where you can have kids with all girls, and they immediately give birth the next morning and then the child disappears, this is not that game.
So, with the half siblings in mind, is there a pregnant harem run of the game or is it just for Emily?

I am alright with the child not disappearing, I just want to check to make sure the story will/can go that direction

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is this completed completed? Or is it "adding more ending content / revamping old content" completed?
it's complete, in that all the content I wanted to make is up, and it's for sale on Steam.

I'm contemplating going back and doing a New Game+ run later (so starting by loading book 3's final save, and that changing the game subtly) but that'll be a long while into the future. For now it's Morningstar.

Reactions: SamWinters

LostGeographer

Mar 14, 2021
Hi,

So I've looked for a while now. I have a dual boot machine and apparently was playing your books on Linux rather than Windows (odd for me). Anyway, I mistakenly downloaded the complete book on the windows side. It took a couple days and I have severly low data caps, so I'd prefer not to download the linux one if possible.

All that said, I have dug and dug and not found the path in my linux drive shown in this thread. I also do not have the upload a save button for some reason. But I have done book 3 up to ver .4 and would like to keep my characters. I'll download linux again if I have to though.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Love the books!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi,

So I've looked for a while now. I have a dual boot machine and apparently was playing your books on Linux rather than Windows (odd for me). Anyway, I mistakenly downloaded the complete book on the windows side. It took a couple days and I have severly low data caps, so I'd prefer not to download the linux one if possible.

All that said, I have dug and dug and not found the path in my linux drive shown in this thread. I also do not have the upload a save button for some reason. But I have done book 3 up to ver .4 and would like to keep my characters. I'll download linux again if I have to though.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Love the books!
So, full savegame paths for linux and windows.

The save folder should be here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

(very few users play on Linux, but they're usually tech-savvy if they do, so I always get top-rate QA and feedback from them :) ).

LostGeographer

Mar 14, 2021
So, full savegame paths for linux and windows.

The save folder should be here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

(very few users play on Linux, but they're usually tech-savvy if they do, so I always get top-rate QA and feedback from them :) ).
Well the folders did not show up in search or with ls, but just typing them blindly got me in, anyone who sees this later, feel free to yell at me what I just learned and don't know the name of. Hidden files? Thanks, and sorry for the bush league stuff

well, .config worked anyway.

edit - it was hidden files, I don't know why I assumed Linux didn't hide files from me.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well the folders did not show up in search or with ls, but just typing them blindly got me in, anyone who sees this later, feel free to yell at me what I just learned and don't know the name of. Hidden files? Thanks, and sorry for the bush league stuff

well, cd .config worked anyway
Windows hides AppData folde by default for reasons.

First thing I do when I start a new windows install is remove "hide folders" and "hide known extensions".

Both are incredible self-owns and failed MS UX; suddenly readme.exe, readme.txt and readme.bat are all just "readme".

Reactions: bacienvu88

LostGeographer

Mar 14, 2021
Files whose names start with '.' aren't shown by ls unless you tell it to (ls -a).
Which I now remember because of the .gitignore files and similar things, but they've never been hidden from me on my system or at least the part I am usually in, so I must have made them visible in my dev folder forever ago and forgot about their very existence lol. Thanks

Windows hides AppData folde by default for reasons.

First thing I do when I start a new windows install is remove "hide folders" and "hide known extensions".

Both are incredible self-owns and failed MS UX; suddenly readme.exe, readme.txt and readme.bat are all just "readme".
Everything is set to visible on my windows install, one of the first things I did after "upgrading" to the latest. lol I really just blanked hidden files on linux for some reason. This is like the time I thought JavaScript if statements required elseif statements and could not just be an if else pair... or even just an if statement... I thought that for months lol, no idea why.

Last edited:

usuario1117

Aug 24, 2021
It's a reasonably central part of the plot. I wouldn't call it a mechanic; there's only one girl that is visible pregnant, but there is a significant amount of dialog about their child, the girl gets visibly pregnant, and you have an epilogue where you see the child (and her half-siblings) grown up.

It's a story first and foremost; if you just want a game where you can have kids with all girls, and they immediately give birth the next morning and then the child disappears, this is not that game.
It's enough, won't be on the first spot to play it though, was saying cause there are plenty of games with tagged pregnancy and it's a simple CG after 70 hours of story or the game don't even have the fetish yet. Thanks for answering

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's enough, won't be on the first spot to play it though, was saying cause there are plenty of games with tagged pregnancy and it's a simple CG after 70 hours of story or the game don't even have the fetish yet. Thanks for answering
I guess it depends why you like pregnancy. I see it as a mechanic vs story thing; Avatar: Four Elements Trainer has a breeding sub-section where you can get a bunch of random girls pregnant, and they show up 9 months pregnant next day, and you can fuck them like that, and then they give birth and it's all back to normal (and the child is suspiciously missing). And that's fine, and a fap-game fetish a lot of people enjoy.

Love of Magic's not like that; the child's a central story moment, the two main characters (Emily and MC) worry and think about it a lot, there's sex scenes and intimate scenes that focus on those aspects of pregnancy (feeling the palm of your child pressing against your face through the belly of your partner's stomach, etc).

So *pregnancy* is a big part of many scenes, especially in the last book. But it's not a case of it being a mechanic.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
I am currently in the process of playing through Book 1 for the first time. I was playing it a while ago but took like a 5 month break, so I forgot some of the lore. I'm currently on Day 80 and just had a conversation with Matthew the swordmaster at the bar and just had some questions about that conversation.

From what I remember, James is Katie's dad and he worked closely with Emily's mom and they both died fighting the Dragon that we just beat. From what Matthew and the MC talked about, it sounds like Emily's mom was actually in love with James but ended up marrying Erec. I can't remember if that was mentioned previously, but that was what I inferred from their conversation. Is all of that correct?
Erec, Eilia and James are like a recurring theme. They were like Arthur, Gwenevere and Lancelot. Erec charmed Eilia at first, enough that she married him. Similar to Arthur and Gwen. But, things changed over time. Husband was an ass, wife was neglected, and found a new lover... Lancelot/ James. Several bits about how Erec and Eilia planned to rebuild the round table, and MC telling Katie that he thought Lancelot was her dad in that scenario. Mathew also talked about this to MC at some point.

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Droid Productions In Book 3 on the paths I can get CHR+1 from Emily every time I rest. In difference to the other companions where it is +1 stat per outing across the 3 companions. That is, with e.g. Molly, Akane and Katie I can get CHR+1 from Molly, STR+1 from Akane or CHR+1 from Katie and no more through the outing. But with Emily I can get CHR+15 (or +16 if Bella is there to give +5 MOVES as well) I guess it is a bug and Emily should work like the others?

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
So, one observation (not anywhere near done with book 3): there's very little freedom if you're playing to the walkthrough. I know you don't intend that to be how people play the game, but I also guess that people who aren't are missing...a lot, really. I feel like this is maybe imbalanced; that i'm only doing things and going places because the walkthrough says I should, but that the alternative would be missing most of the story. I dunno; the balance seems more im- than in the previous books, but maybe I'm wrong.
The walkthrough is very front heavy, preferring to do things as early as possible making the start very dense. Days 234-249 is fairly sparse though.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes