Oct 30, 2019
It shouldn't be anything complex.

Could you drop your player.log file here, I'll have a look. It'll be here:

PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Mac:
Saves: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Player.log: ~/Library/Logs/Droid Productions/Love of Magic/Player.log
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
i hope this is it sorry for the wait but i really wanna play but it just doesn't seem to want to let me no matter what i do

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
i hope this is it sorry for the wait but i really wanna play but it just doesn't seem to want to let me no matter what i do
The game doesn't have write access to the save game folder:

Error saving C:/Users/[USERNAME]/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic\start_conversation.sav3 with exception System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic\start_conversation.sav3" is denied.

Are you out of diskspace on C:, perhaps? Or something else has occurred to prevent access.

Tal921

Oct 30, 2019
The game doesn't have write access to the save game folder:

Error saving C:/Users/[USERNAME]/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic\start_conversation.sav3 with exception System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic\start_conversation.sav3" is denied.

Are you out of diskspace on C:, perhaps? Or something else has occurred to prevent access.
i got no i did get a new computer had everything saved to a external hard drive tried to continue on new one and now i cant play

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
i got no i did get a new computer had everything saved to a external hard drive tried to continue on new one and now i cant play
That shouldn't really matter; the save folder is on the windows systems drive.
Could you check if there's a folder here:
%USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

open explorer, ctrl+L, paste that in. It'll be the equivalent of:
C:/Users/[USERNAME]/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic\

Do you have files there?

Do you have any aggressive new anti-virus installed that might be blocking access to the save game folder (they shouldn't, since this is where best practices say apps are supposed to write their local files, but who knows).

Try running it in Admin mode (there shouldn't be any need for it, but I should also always have write-access to that folder, so... who knows).

• Hey there
Reactions: Warscared

EHommel

Aug 14, 2018
is it normal that its day 262 and zenia stands there is not clickable or atleast dosnt response and i dont know how the quest should do anything else, i also already talk to zenia about matthew after his dead 1696762620376.png

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
is it normal that its day 262 and zenia stands there is not clickable or atleast dosnt response and i dont know how the quest should do anything else, i also already talk to zenia about matthew after his dead
There's two elements to the end of Man at Arms. In R2 you need to tell Zenia. Back in R1 you need to tell Matthew.

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
I tried to extract Book 2 and get errors and no Book 2. Also, when/if I do get Book 2 installed, do I copy over my Save folder or does the app know to look for it? Thanks in advance!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I tried to extract Book 2 and get errors and no Book 2. Also, when/if I do get Book 2 installed, do I copy over my Save folder or does the app know to look for it? Thanks in advance!
It's >5GB, you need to use Winrar or a recent-ish 7zip lib to extract it, the crappy built in one that Windows uses chokes on it.

• Hey there
Reactions: Warscared

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
It's >5GB, you need to use Winrar or a recent-ish 7zip lib to extract it, the crappy built in one that Windows uses chokes on it.
Thanks for the quick response! I am itching to get back into the game, having just finished Book 1...

I used WinRaR and 7-Zip and got this message 363 times:

Cannot open output file : The system cannot find the path specified : G:\Play\love_of_magic_book2_1_0-8b_win64.zip\win64_build\book2\Love of Magic.exe

and so on for all the files it is trying to open. Do I need to create the folder tree for the file to extract into?

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
Okay, I think I figured it out. I usually use Extract Here but in this case I needed to use the directory that was offered. So now the second part - do I need to move a Save into the new folder or does the app find my previous save folder?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, I think I figured it out. I usually use Extract Here but in this case I needed to use the directory that was offered. So now the second part - do I need to move a Save into the new folder or does the app find my previous save folder?
The saves are all in %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

It'll find it for itself.

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
This is incorrect. The file in this thread for Book2 is not following proper naming scheme format for Windows PCs as the folder include the .zip extension ( love_of_magic_book2_1_0-8b_win64.zip ). Using a dumb extraction software will bypass this problem, but most modern programs will spaz out trying to set a destination folder as a .zip file.

The alternative solution is to edit the zip file before extraction and rename the folder properly to "love_of_magic_book2_1_0-8b_win64".

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
Thanks for the quick response! I am itching to get back into the game, having just finished Book 1...

I used WinRaR and 7-Zip and got this message 363 times:

Cannot open output file : The system cannot find the path specified : G:\Play\love_of_magic_book2_1_0-8b_win64.zip\win64_build\book2\Love of Magic.exe

and so on for all the files it is trying to open. Do I need to create the folder tree for the file to extract into?
To avoid any problems I'd suggest fixing the root cause and redoing the extract or you might run into a missing file from a failure to extract issue. You need to edit the Book2 file (which is invalid) and remove the .zip extension from the folder name before extraction. Without the extension it should extract properly.

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
Actually WinRar offers the ability to extract into a path that the game accepts. It is when I try to Extract Here that it fails. Also, in Windows 10 I don't see the .zip in the file name so I am not sure how to edit it to fix it.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes