Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
Actually WinRar offers the ability to extract into a path that the game accepts. It is when I try to Extract Here that it fails. Also, in Windows 10 I don't see the .zip in the file name so I am not sure how to edit it to fix it.
If you open the file in some standard compression software (7zip, Bandizip, etc) it will list all the files that are in the file.
You need to take a look at the files and folders in this list and find the root folder which is typically at the top.
Right-Click > Rename and remove the .zip extension at the end.

The software should save the name change and recompress the file. Which can then be extracted using the new folder name properly.

I think you can also do this in WinRaR, but I typically use that only for multi-part RAR files.

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Matthew, you'd need to bump your sword skill above 10 and bring Emily to a shrine in Elsewhere to trigger. He has two different dialogs, one if you've met him in Elsewhere, another if you haven't. But it's of course a shame if you've missed out.
So, official wiki page says pre-day 90 (written as "<90"), and that you need sword over 10 and to go to the paths with Emily and take her to a shrine. Problem. Day 78, she runs off back to Camelot and is gone until her birthday, because of story reasons. I thought I had until day 90, but you really don't, and ended up having to revert to an old save to get it, since it's pretty jam-packed in there. I've added a note for that particular entry to hopefully help other people who might otherwise run up against that issue.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
While I'm thrilled the sadly underutilized Akane gets her repeatable events in Book 3, are there Bella and Molly repeatable events? I don't mean Molly dancing at the bar.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
While I'm thrilled the sadly underutilized Akane gets her repeatable events in Book 3, are there Bella and Molly repeatable events? I don't mean Molly dancing at the bar.
There's a repeatable molly sex scene late night at the bar. Bella never got a repeatable sex scene (though she does get her birthday event).

Reactions: Segnbora

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So, official wiki page says pre-day 90 (written as "<90"), and that you need sword over 10 and to go to the paths with Emily and take her to a shrine. Problem. Day 78, she runs off back to Camelot and is gone until her birthday, because of story reasons. I thought I had until day 90, but you really don't, and ended up having to revert to an old save to get it, since it's pretty jam-packed in there. I've added a note for that particular entry to hopefully help other people who might otherwise run up against that issue.
The wiki is user maintained (and they do an amazing job), so I don't know how "official' it is. I often use it myself to keep track of stuff, though.

In general, there's lots of events that exist to flesh out the world; the Matthew event is hardly a critical one, and not a sexy scene.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
There's a repeatable molly sex scene late night at the bar. Bella never got a repeatable sex scene (though she does get her birthday event).
If you ever tweak this, I think sex with the Chosen is a reasonable thing to expect as an event at the KD.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If you ever tweak this, I think sex with the Chosen is a reasonable thing to expect as an event at the KD.
Book 3 also has a replayable all Chosen sex event, once you rescue Akane.

In general, I'm done with the game (at least for now); the focus is now on Morningstar. Once I'm done with Act II of Morningstar, the plan is to go back and look at New Game+, starting back in Book 1.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Is that after a certain day? Because I'm never offered anything other than "Nothing right now, Molly. I'll see you later."

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is that after a certain day? Because I'm never offered anything other than "Nothing right now, Molly. I'll see you later."
I think it's book 2 only. I replaced her default outfit in Book 3, and would need new lead in renders for it to work. I could probably restore it, or make it R1 only... just, time :)

Reactions: BruceCM

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
In a chapter in which the MC and Emily aren't really progressing for story reasons, the MC having full access to alll his Chosen is a thing that makes sense. I get why you didn't code and render it, but story-wise it makes so much more sense than in book 2.

BOT OVERLORD

Jul 4, 2019
Very dumb question I can't seem to open the mac version of book 1, I extract it and there's the game icon but it says it cant open it. I tried using the command strings in the installation tab (adding in my username and all that) but it constantly says no file detected. I've tried
xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2
xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic
xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book1
xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book1_1_4_0_osx
I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
The wiki is user maintained (and they do an amazing job), so I don't know how "official' it is. I often use it myself to keep track of stuff, though.

In general, there's lots of events that exist to flesh out the world; the Matthew event is hardly a critical one, and not a sexy scene.
Well, when you click "courseware" on the PC, it links to them, so I'd argue it's as official as it gets, even if not directly developer-maintained. ;P

It's not that it's a critical event or even a sexy scene, but rather that the information provided was misleading and makes you think you have a lot more time than you do (since you TECHNICALLY have until the 90th day, but can't fulfil its requirements as you are missing the necessary character from the 75th until 91st), causing you to easily miss it (in a walkthrough list dedicated specifically to missable content, no less) and needed updating, which I did.

That aside, A: importing save from Book 1 you lose the fancy-bordered card backs; unless I apply one of the new ones i've unlocked (or one of the basic backgrounded ones) it shows up as just a blank white card. Is this intentional? B: The very first card back, the one above Akane's "I have seen it all", that is a non-modified card back image, never unlocked for me, and I can find no reference to it in the wiki and I'm trying not to abuse debug, either. Is this also intentional?

Reactions: BruceCM

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That aside, A: importing save from Book 1 you lose the fancy-bordered card backs; unless I apply one of the new ones i've unlocked (or one of the basic backgrounded ones) it shows up as just a blank white card. Is this intentional? B: The very first card back, the one above Akane's "I have seen it all", that is a non-modified card back image, never unlocked for me, and I can find no reference to it in the wiki and I'm trying not to abuse debug, either. Is this also intentional?
Ah, that's because they weren't ever added to book 2 yet. I'll get to it once I start New Game+ (they then also need to be ported to book 3, since you could run through book 2 and import that save to book 3).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Very dumb question I can't seem to open the mac version of book 1, I extract it and there's the game icon but it says it cant open it. I tried using the command strings in the installation tab (adding in my username and all that) but it constantly says no file detected. I've tried
For OSX there are two things you need to do:

Remove the quarantine flag (Apple auto-adds this to any files you download):

Give the app Execution permissions
sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2

(Strictly speaking, only love_of_magic_book2.app/Contents/MacOS/* needs executable permissions, but this is simpler).

For Book 1, same process but path is:
/Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic.app

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
B: The very first card back, the one above Akane's "I have seen it all", that is a non-modified card back image, never unlocked for me, and I can find no reference to it in the wiki and I'm trying not to abuse debug, either. Is this also intentional?
That's just the default card background

1697174023786.png

Reactions: Amariithynar

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Is it actually installed to your desktop? Not some other folder?

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes