Aug 5, 2017
You need circuit-breaker to take Hel down in lightning mode. And yeah, she's designed to be the nastiest thing in the game (at least until New Game+)
Not an absolute requirement but it's damned hard to do enough damage before the lightning resist outstrips your ability to stun her.

Is anything other than lightning viable? 2 hits from her takes out most players, 3 for the most dedicated.

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
which stats have priority to lvlup?
if i remember right there are a few checks, but it is long ago since i last played.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
which stats have priority to lvlup?
if i remember right there are a few checks, but it is long ago since i last played.
There's a couple of early book 1 charisma checks.
After that the big check is Katie's MMA fight (10/10/10), then Emily's sword-fighting (25/25/25).

More info here:

kanuan69

Oct 30, 2020
Welp finished the game completely, im gonna say that book 1 was the weakest, book 2 was the best and book 3 was good but just a bit worse than 2, Not going to lie but i want a sequel that focuses on Elanora as the mc.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Welp finished the game completely, im gonna say that book 1 was the weakest, book 2 was the best and book 3 was good but just a bit worse than 2, Not going to lie but i want a sequel that focuses on Elanora as the mc.
I think everyone has their favorites. I think it was book 2 for me as well, but for example Sex Positive Games preferred book 1.

I loved the innocence of early Book 1, the early romance between Emily and MC was a lot of fun, and the battlefield wedding in Book 1 worked really well. By the time I started book 2 I knew more about what I was doing, so... systems worked better, and there's a LOT of content in it.

Book 3... I love MC's attitude. The progression from the innocent of Day 1 to the guy that rescues Emily in on Day 203 is a very satisfying journey, especially since I feel the steps he took felt natural.

Anyway, hope you liked it :) Next up, Morningstar.

Halfwic

May 22, 2021
I feel like I went from playing your "average" game on f95 to playing fucking Pathfinder kingmaker...and im sooooo ready for it. Love when devs add systems and shit like this for added depth and narrative. However that also does remind me that I still need to finish Pathfinder...guess I know what Im playing once I finish up with this game.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
I feel like I went from playing your "average" game on f95 to playing fucking Pathfinder kingmaker...and im sooooo ready for it. Love when devs add systems and shit like this for added depth and narrative. However that also does remind me that I still need to finish Pathfinder...guess I know what Im playing once I finish up with this game.
Soon, people will be using LOM as the measuring stick for what is a good... GREAT game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Droid Productions

Crel

Jun 5, 2018
Does anyone know how accurate the walkthrough at is? I played through before up to chapter 14, and know I missed stuff, so figured I'd follow a WT now for a final, full run.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Does anyone know how accurate the walkthrough at is?
1 & 2 will (I think) show you just about everything, though if you're achievement-hunting you might have to make different choices. 3 is accurate (albeit, as someone reminded me upthread, extremely front-loaded) for a while, but as it gets closer to the endgame it starts to break down. I presume someone will fix it sooner or later.

Reactions: Crel

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does anyone know how accurate the walkthrough at is? I played through before up to chapter 14, and know I missed stuff, so figured I'd follow a WT now for a final, full run.
It's pretty good; I use it when I need to find specific days to do stuff. User maintained, though, and it's designed to do as much as possible as early as possible, so you end up with some space towards the end when you'll sit and chill, or read a book.

Reactions: Crel and bacienvu88

Halfwic

May 22, 2021
Soon, people will be using LOM as the measuring stick for what is a good... GREAT game.
Ohhh for sure I def didnt mean average in that sense, thats why I put it in ". I meant average in how the vast majority of games on this site are. Prior to Book 2 it in terms of gameplay this game had the game play loop of pretty much every other game on this site that isnt just a PURE VN. But since book 2 it feels different and unique and almost pathfinderish and Im loving it.

Now as far as the actual quality that's a different story and it already should be used as a measuring stick. Hell Im only on act 8 and Im pretty sure this game has already cracked my top 5 and is gunning for the 3rd spot and it's fantastic. Hell I might even be able to make the case that when everything is said and done and Ive finished this game has a legitimate shot to crack my top 10-25 games of all time including AAA. From the writing and dialogue (It's second to only a game where the maker is a legit author) the world building, the flow of the game, and honestly even the combat which I genuinely enjoy (which was part of the reason I put this game off for so long...and I was wrong). Also love the emphasis on making a great game and story first with sprinkled in sex scenes. They are short, serve their purpose and dont get in the way of the main game. Certain scenes are given more time and emphasis and it flows really fucking well, loving it. Everything really comes together and makes this game fantastic.

Also on a side note the scene where homie called chess a "round eye" game had me fucking dying, I spit out my brisk. Love me a good racial slur every now and then.

mspman

Jul 6, 2017
hello
I looked but did not see how to close the The Powers That Be quest.

I defeated the super demon, I talked to the gym seller, Chloe, Merlin's ghost, the crazy guy, and about every chracter I could find.

I defeated all the other super characters, through Hel.

Wandered around trying to interact with something, or somebody. Nothing seemed to trigger, then the game came to the end.

Anybody know what I missed, or is that one just not closeable?

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes