Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It is on steam beta branches... not here, at least not yet
Yes; on Steam you'll see a new branch called NGPlus.

I'm doing this because it's breaking saves (for now). Before I push it to mainline I'll need to find a way to import book 1 saves in the Newgame+ framework (which uses Book 3's engine, with rollback, better video support, etc).

LeonzeT2

Dec 8, 2019
R2 Owyn died when Thor got him. R2 Emily died when holding R1 Owyn as his spark burned thru at the lake. Horny "died" in both realities, around the same time. The Mother "died" when she actually went after The Outsiders in their own reality 1800 years ago... but was apparently only lost, and could not find her way back. The Mother "Returned", taking the appearance of dead R2 Emily, and basically resurrected R1 Owyn who together, pulled R2 Excalibur from the stone. The fire from R1 Oywn burning up was a guiding light for The Mother to find her way. R2 Owyn never got X, he died, so X was still there in the R2 stone by the lake. Horny "Returned", and took the appearance of dead R2 Owyn. Remember, Samael said they are they only true gods of humans, so I guess they both "Returned" together to all realities. At least, that is how I see things. ;)
Just a tiny bit of correction: What we saw there are both R1 Owyn and R2 Emily. They got rez at the end and got their Gods' powers and memories. R1 Owyn split between The Horned Lord and The Winter King; like Samael said, a part of R1 Owyn is The Horned Lord he saw in R2. And at the core, it's still the couple, just more but not the other way around.

It's kinda shaky if they returned in all realities, considering they didn't in R1. Or maybe they just left this one alone, so all realities - 1? Hope that makes sense.

aces4all

Oct 29, 2021
Yes; on Steam you'll see a new branch called NGPlus.

I'm doing this because it's breaking saves (for now). Before I push it to mainline I'll need to find a way to import book 1 saves in the Newgame+ framework (which uses Book 3's engine, with rollback, better video support, etc).
Why not use book 3 end games saves (if there are any)? NG+ is usually a reward for finishing the story and the story that starts in book 1 does not really end until the close of book 3 . . . it would fit my sense of logic to use book 3 saves for book 1 NG+.

That would present its own complications but it may be workable.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Just a tiny bit of correction: What we saw there are both R1 Owyn and R2 Emily. They got rez at the end and got their Gods' powers and memories. R1 Owyn split between The Horned Lord and The Winter King; like Samael said, a part of R1 Owyn is The Horned Lord he saw in R2. And at the core, it's still the couple, just more but not the other way around.

It's kinda shaky if they returned in all realities, considering they didn't in R1. Or maybe they just left this one alone, so all realities - 1? Hope that makes sense.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Why not use book 3 end games saves (if there are any)? NG+ is usually a reward for finishing the story and the story that starts in book 1 does not really end until the close of book 3 . . . it would fit my sense of logic to use book 3 saves for book 1 NG+.

That would present its own complications but it may be workable.
I do; NG+'s main chunk of content is contingent on you loading an end of book 3 savegame, which subtly changes some dialog, and also adds in new events.

But before I can push that onto default branch I need to make sure that some poor normie that played 5 hours of Love of Magic Book 1 sometime back in 2021, and now wants to open up the game again, doesn't lose all their saves. Which means the game needs to know both how to load/save book 3's saves, and how to do the same with Book 1's saves.

Reactions: Regardie

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Am I the only one missing ending part for the rest of the Chosen? What happened with Akane and Molly?
They live happily ever after with MC, of course.

If you're asking why there's none of their kids at the ending scene with Elanora and the rest, it's because Akane's kid is still young at this point, around 3 or 4, and so part of a different generation than James, Keith, Grace or Elanora). Molly will likely remain an eternal auntie; she loves kids as long as she gets to return them to the parents before happy hour.

Reactions: MerlinUSA

Dudush666

May 13, 2020
"Love of Magic is an erotic Visual Novel sandbox RPG..." I certainly won't check this... I see rpg, I see sandbox in tags... but where is the prefix VN??? :cautious:

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018
I've just gotten an In-Game notice that I should talk to (I can't remember what he's properly called) The Pervert. But, I can't remember where to find him on the map. Help?

Last edited:

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018
I'm trying to get a B-day gift for Bella, but the dialog just says (after I've found the necklace) to "come back to it". Is that because it costs more than I have (it doesn't say how much it is), or because I'm too early (or too late)?

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018
I don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but after a meeting to confront Matthew, (I had had earlier chosen to decline the invitation to a threesome with Mab) I found myself in that threesome anyway on my way back to TKD.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but after a meeting to confront Matthew, (I had had earlier chosen to decline the invitation to a threesome with Mab) I found myself in that threesome anyway on my way back to TKD.
That WOULD be a bug. I'll check it out.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I see more talk about NG+ and have to keep reminding myself to temper expectations >>
It's not anything that mindblowing, sadly :D

1. Port book 1 to Book 3's final engine, so it gets stuff like the improved paths, rollback, all the enemies, etc
2. Update the script to respond to you finishing book 3; most of it is simple enough (remembering names, remembering some choices you made) and write slightly different dialog for a couple of events
3. Some minor visual upgrades and fixes.
4. New events that trigger for anyone playing book 1 from scratch
5. New events that will only trigger for someone playing book 1 by starting from Book 3's end savegame.

#1 and #2 is done. #3 will continue for a while. I've got #4 and #5 to go, as well as various bug-fixes.

But at the moment I'm back on Morningstar; finishing up the rather crowded space between day 35 (Katie's fight) and 40 (MC's second fight). It's live on the Beta branch, but I still have some side-events to finish this weekend.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
I'm trying to get a B-day gift for Bella, but the dialog just says (after I've found the necklace) to "come back to it". Is that because it costs more than I have (it doesn't say how much it is), or because I'm too early (or too late)?
Probably because you don't have enough money. Spending some time hunting demons should fix that, hopefully in time.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
Molly mentions Bella's birthday around Day 230. You go to The Crowley and order a necklace for Bella on your computer. It costs 3000 lbs. Pick it up from Chloe before Day 237. The birthday party is Day 237 (Evening).

Noxstella

Sep 10, 2023
my first time playing through and i'm on book 1 atm and the only real complaint i have is i ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND MOLLY and the fact i cannot tell the nasty bitch to go fuck a minotaur or suck pond scum. the hole scenario with that ho is forced. fucking hate it.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes