Sep 6, 2019
Possibly unpopular opinion: I don't like world building in a timed game. In Love of Magic, we have a certain amount of "moves" per day. In that day, each move you can:

1-Play an unskippable event.
2-Play a plot related event (that can change the story).
3-Play a side quest.
4-Power up your character.
5-Get a prereq (that's sometimes RNG) to do 2- to 4-.

I'd prefer new chapters over world building. Now, if the dev hates the idea, it's their game, and that's that. But since dev time is precious, I'd rather they focus on chapters even if it means months with no new content, but that's not my call. Please consider this for your next 2 books, and eagerly awaiting the final chapter of this book +thank you for the announcement devs.

Suggestion: If the engine allows, give us the option to voluntarily trigger moving up the plot i.e. instead of Tuesday the 4th... it's "a Tuesday" and we click on the area if we want, or avoid the area if we don't. Example of a game that does this: Photo hunt.

Last edited:

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Just d//l and played v 4.18. Took about 1-1.5 hrs to do all that. Although in my estimation it is by far the shortest but the most rewarding update so far with new and great animations, surprises and a great cliffhanger leading into the next chapter. Droid Productions you definitely outdid yourself on this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Possibly unpopular opinion: I don't like world building in a timed game. In Love of Magic, we have a certain amount of "moves" per day. In that day, each move you can:
You can load the end of act game and keep playing, if you want more time. As for the date, it does actually matter. Certain days (like Emily's birthday on Dec 27th) are obvious, others (like the End of Act III being on Samahein) are less so. Anyway, the dream is that once Act V is done, the mix of acts and expansion content together will form a coherent and full "world"; I always find a sandbox without things to do in it to be a sad place. Filling it with little side-quests, events, activities, etc makes the world come alive.

LezPlaGrrrlz

May 17, 2018
I think I've found a bug that I would like to report . I'm running windows 10 (non S version) on a 64bit capable system , but I down loaded the 32bit from MEGA based on previous comments in the thread . I went hunting and selected Emily , Dylan and Molly for my group , my normal hunting group consist of Emily , Bella and Katie . My 1st 3 cards were a Shrine , Treasure and Combat . I did Shrine and Treasure 1st everything was normal Emily and Molly were the options to give advise , no issues there. But when I went into Combat my group ended up being my normal group of Emily , Bella and Katie . At first I thought it was just any error with the character avatars but they had the correct skills . I finished out the rest of my turns . For Rest , Shrines , and Treasure cards everything was normal , the bug only occurred during combat .

LezPlaGrrrlz

May 17, 2018
I suppose I could have mentioned this in the previous post . When I read that Olivia was primarily just for comic relief it made me kinda sad . Also got me thinking that she just as easily could have been used for sexual relief as well , since her role seems to have little to do with the main story . She could have some kind of crazy side quest thing with Molly or better become enthralled by the crazy baristas new outlook on life comically believing she's been possessed and gets naughty trying to save her . Lol . Just a thought , I accept that its not going to happen . Love you game anyway , its one of a very few that I get excited about when it has an update thanks for sharing with us . :)

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I really enjoyed the update! I feel like the world is really starting to develop - I imagine that there will soon be repeatable events with the ladies?

Sep 6, 2019
As for the date, it does actually matter. Certain days (like Emily's birthday on Dec 27th) are obvious
Thank you for the reply and fair enough. Your way does prevent immersion breaking things... like in the Photo Hunt game I've mentioned... I'm now on my 700 ish day of my "last year of school".

Long year... heh.

EDIT = Oh, and you mentioned playing after the last act. Does the progress I make "carry through" to the next chapter? Or do I play just for fun and when the new content hits, I'm rolled back to what I was on the actual end of chapter?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Oh, and you mentioned playing after the last act. Does the progress I make "carry through" to the next chapter? Or do I play just for fun and when the new content hits, I'm rolled back to what I was on the actual end of chapter?
For game+, when Act V starts, Emily will call you back, and you continue from day 77. You keep any XP/Gold/Side Quests/etc, the only thing that gets reset is location and date, so you can continue the story.

Kiotaku

Feb 20, 2018
Hey Droid just a general inquiry, are you planning to implement a scene replay function anytime in the future? Would be nice to be able to replay the sex scenes rather than just see the stills from them. I tried to just make a game save prior to some scenes but the inability to do a save while already in the midst of dialogue makes that hard to do since often times to me at least the sex scenes happen suddenly so I rarely have the foresight to save before starting a dialogue scene.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Hey Droid just a general inquiry, are you planning to implement a scene replay function anytime in the future? Would be nice to be able to replay the sex scenes rather than just see the stills from them. I tried to just make a game save prior to some scenes but the inability to do a save while already in the midst of dialogue makes that hard to do since often times to me at least the sex scenes happen suddenly so I rarely have the foresight to save before starting a dialogue scene.
Easy to replay any scene while playing. Just use the debug, ctrl J and reset to the beginning of the day, save the game anytime you can prior to the scene you want to relive.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's on the list of savegame-related functionality I want to add, yeah.

If you look at the savegame folder, you'll see a series of savegames named .mem; those are actually just the current quick-save, copied on demand to a named entry. I just need to test, and add a better interface for it.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes