Tayonae

Jul 6, 2021
Hi Droid. Just finished Book 1+ and really enjoyed the changes. Have started book 2 again with a save from book 1, most of my special gems have vanished as well as the 2 new quests ( Morrigan and gem seller ) is it supposed to happen ?
Money stayed the same.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Hi Droid. Just finished Book 1+ and really enjoyed the changes. Have started book 2 again with a save from book 1, most of my special gems have vanished as well as the 2 new quests ( Morrigan and gem seller ) is it supposed to happen ?
Money stayed the same.
Book 2 and Book 3 are both still only for a first play through. They are not yet "New Game +" versions. Droid has said they will be updated in the near future.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Money stayed the same.
Yeah, book 2's not in NG+ mode yet. Since all those neat gems are from Book 3 (and don't exist in book 2 yet), the game just quietly ignores them. Same issue with the quests.

Once I get done with this new act of Morningstar I'm returning to start the NG+ work on Book 2.

Reactions: Tayonae
Jun 13, 2018
You could have met her several days before that, and I do a nudge ("I should go to the grassmarket), before I hard-force you to go last minute so you've met her before the party :)

It's one of those events that in hindsight should have been fixed, not optional, but Bella was never originally meant to have the role and impact she ended up having; I fell in love with her while writing her.
ok....i'm on "day 21- night".....no 'anything' like that so far and i'm meeting her right now.....and on all my playthroughs so far, i don't recall there EVER having been a nudge or anything......just an observation.

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
I haven't had a search through all the pages but I am curious why when starting a new game on the NG+ version of book one I get no memories. Just checking if this is a known bug or is something borked in my install? To clarify, I am at the end of book one on a new start.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I haven't had a search through all the pages but I am curious why when starting a new game on the NG+ version of book one I get no memories. Just checking if this is a known bug or is something borked in my install? To clarify, I am at the end of book one on a new start.
Spankbank (memories) wasn't implemented in book 1 when it went out; I grabbed the concept from Paradise Lust.

Basically it just saves a quicksave with a specific name at the start of the scene (so you have the right variables set up, like what you call the girls, and what they call you).

Reactions: Warscared

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
Spankbank (memories) wasn't implemented in book 1 when it went out; I grabbed the concept from Paradise Lust.

Basically it just saves a quicksave with a specific name at the start of the scene (so you have the right variables set up, like what you call the girls, and what they call you).
Makes sense. I didn't think I remembered that section on my first time through years ago. I just noticed it in the computer and realized it was working in book 2 but not 1. Thanks for the reply.

Ssinurn

Dec 30, 2019
I'm gonna break my own self-imposed "don't engage, just keep the lurker account for downloading" rule again, and say that this dev is a goddamn treasure.

After 4+ years maintaining an Android ROM in another life, and dealing with end users on a forum not unlike this one... Most people I know who actually create something for their communities get burnt out BADLY by all the entitled, self-important complaining people who aren't even paying money. Or even just on the "ugh, why did they have to find THAT bug, now I have to FIX it, aaaarrrrgh I just want to be DONE with this release already!" times.

To see a developer who is willing to be so friendly, conversational, forthcoming with support, doing regular bugfix builds on projects they REALLY want to file away as complete, still using complete sentences, and generally not just withdrawing into substance abuse and/or non-stop sarcasm & derision... ESPECIALLY on what's ostensibly a pirate board...

Hot damn. Support this person.
You will be hard-pressed to find anyone else willing to do this level of community engagement, for free, in your life.

(Guess I need to make a second Steam account for all the things my kids are NOT welcome to discover in the shared Family Library )

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
hey droid......where can i report bugs and stuff so i don't end up spamming the thread?
Best place is the discord ( )

If you post here or in a DM, one thing that's super useful is a quick-save (called quick.ng1 for NG+) and the player.log; that'll help me identify what's going on.

Reactions: Warscared
4.60 star(s) 253 Votes