Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Awesome! I have thoroughly enjoyed your game and it's story so far. I just finished act V and can't wait till VI comes out. Are you by any chance looking for writers for story, lore, or dialogue? I haven't felt this drawn to a game in ages!
Part of the fun is doing this all on my own. I've been a game developer for a long time, but I've always been primarily a programmer; this game's let me flex a whole bunch of new muscles... learning daz, learning after effects, learning how to write characters and story, doing all the game design and content creation, etc. It's really helped revitalize my love for game development.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
r per say, I just find the idea of a 90 year old cam whore addicted to magic interesting heh. It's nice to have some variety with the girls you interact with. It's why Katie's so much fun. Well, that and the fact she's actually written quite well, to the point her accent doesn't make
usually CM retire at a certain age and settle down... that should be a hint about Sarah's character
on special bolt - I usually get most monsters up to 300-500 poison damage before the board is full and refreshes - poison bypasses shields so this is an effective method to wear down high shield strength enemies
do you have a moment to talk about the build of all builds? Poison denial.... you can inflict massive damage while the enemy doesn't move and still has some of the shields...

pstear

May 21, 2020
Part of the fun is doing this all on my own. I've been a game developer for a long time, but I've always been primarily a programmer; this game's let me flex a whole bunch of new muscles... learning daz, learning after effects, learning how to write characters and story, doing all the game design and content creation, etc. It's really helped revitalize my love for game development.
What to say , I am someone who has been programming so long that I learnt using punched cards .

The poker game is something that only someone with talent could produce . One of the marks of a top programmer is the desire to do even better . The listening to feedback and the changes to improve things , with I suspect more to come .

Last nights poker discussion was fun , but its time I stopped posting and spent more time playing the game .

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
What to say , I am someone who has been programming so long that I learnt using punched cards .

The poker game is something that only someone with talent could produce . One of the marks of a top programmer is the desire to do even better . The listening to feedback and the changes to improve things , with I suspect more to come .

Last nights poker discussion was fun , but its time I stopped posting and spent more time playing the game .
PDP-11! Been there, did that. Glad we invented keyboards!

Reactions: Droid Productions

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
usually CM retire at a certain age and settle down... that should be a hint about Sarah's character

do you have a moment to talk about the build of all builds? Poison denial.... you can inflict massive damage while the enemy doesn't move and still has some of the shields...
I prefer to kill demon lords before the cards get cleared.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
That's what I'm hoping for. All too often games use the cookie cutter approach to characters; the angry older sister ahem roommate, the quirky younger room mate, the sterm yet ultimately loving landlady etc... So put simply, I want to see the freaks. I wanna interact with the outliers, the colourful crazy bunch.

PoetnIknowit

Mar 6, 2018
That's awesome, I respect that. I'm just starting out learning how to program, and it's nice to see people as dedicated as you. While I don't yet know how to program, I do know a bit about setting up businesses and e-commerce. If you are interested, I would be happy to assist you in setting up some online shops for fans to buy merch from you. The platforms I'm thinking of, for instance Teespring and Weebly, are free to use (no startup costs). If this sounds good to you, we can get in contact via email or Discord to plan things out. I offer my assistance free of charge, just keep making awesome games!

My email is: runedo7@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I obviously enjoy making signatures; it's a fun way to relax and recharge. I've collected a bunch of the sigs I've made over the last 9 months here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/love-of-...nt-thread-build-available.37869/#post-2626451

I often get asked how to set them up, so I thought I'd do a quick guide.

First, find an image you like. You can grab anyone's sig by right-clicking on the image and selecting copy-link
1599268308742.png

If you click your name in the top right corner, and find Signature,

1599268001682.png

From there it works like a normal post, insert image. You can also add a link to the games you support (highlight the image, then add a link). I think normal users get two images/links, devs get 3.
1599268442573.png

If you're interested, there's a bunch of signatures (and people taking requests for new ones) here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/post-your-signatures-here.17387/

If you want to make your own, here's a really helpful template made by Krull (it's how I got started making these, and some of my favorite sigs are still pure krull template, like Emily and the mirror Sword).

https://f95zone.to/threads/fan-signature-templates.38593/#post-2531948

Mar 21, 2018
There are a couple of bugs I've come across while playing.

While adventuring through Elsewhere with a group, when "Actions Remaining: 1" you can still click on a card but are unable to use it since it requires an additional action. Unless there is a specific purpose for this, it would be better to just end the adventure and return to the Crowley.

Elsewhere.jpg

The player purchases a new Elsewhere outfit for Molly. She continues to wear her tank top and daisy dukes in Elsewhere. She even sends the player an email with pictures of her wearing it so it is confirmed that she has it.

There are also text problems when using certain abbreviations. They are viewed as code and come out as alpha characters instead of '

Mar 21, 2018
I haven't seen any problem text so far today but I'll keep looking.

Here is a potential bug. The player's dates will Emily are always listed on the calendar. From this point on, they never are:

Date with Emily.jpg

Also, when you go to Starcucks and get a drink from Jenny and sit down, trying to find someone to chat with has a high failure chance and it advances time. It is much more efficient to read a book which always yields a bonus. Either finding someone to chat with should have a higher chance of success or it shouldn't advance time if there is no one to chat with. Update: I was told that content is limited here and no further events will occur. Remove the option once this happens to lessen frustration?

I've turned up the difficulty to max and I still haven't found any rare/powerful/unique creatures to fight in Elsewhere. One suggestion would be to increase the percentage chance of it occurring by 1 for every level the player achieves over 40. Either that or add an option in the debug menu to increase the chance of encountering a powerful creature. It is getting boring fighting the same four or five creatures all the time.

Last edited:

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
Just started this game and quite liking it so far.

I have a question about combat: Sometimes when the board is full, either me or the enemy will launch a series of attacks. Why does this happen?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

I have a question about combat: Sometimes when the board is full, either me or the enemy will launch a series of attacks. Why does this happen?
The edge rows cannot be matched explicitly, but they're detonated as part of a move across the board.

Reactions: Buffalo Fred

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I haven't seen any problem text so far today but I'll keep looking.

Here is a potential bug. The player's dates will Emily are always listed on the calendar. From this point on, they never are:

View attachment 803825

Also, when you go to Starcucks and get a drink from Jenny and sit down, trying to find someone to chat with has a high failure chance and it advances time. It is much more efficient to read a book which always yields a bonus. Either finding someone to chat with should have a higher chance of success or it shouldn't advance time if there is no one to chat with.

I've turned up the difficulty to max and I still haven't found any rare/powerful/unique creatures to fight in Elsewhere. One suggestion would be to increase the percentage chance of it occurring by 1 for every level the player achieves over 40. Either that or add an option in the debug menu to increase the chance of encountering a powerful creature. It is getting boring fighting the same four or five creatures all the time.
Finding someone is non-random. You will find someone every other opportunity until you exhaust the pool (Scottish gentleman with a lisp who grants +4). You gain just over +1 CHA per attempt on average overall assuming you stop at him.

And books run out.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
The edge rows cannot be matched explicitly, but they're detonated as part of a move across the board.
That was the the hardest thing for me to learn about the game when I first started. I spent several minutes puzzling why I wasn't able to match the edge cards -- after all, I can see the straight, why is the game acting as if it isn't a match?

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017

When the board is filled the game will look for appropriate card combinations on all axis, not simply on the row you placed your cards on. It's a good strategy to try and make sure you are the one to get the last card in cause against higher powered enemies it can fuck you up.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes