Mod Ren'Py Love & Sex: Second Base - Lain's Scene Gallery Mod [v20.2.2] [Maim Lain]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Mod and thread has been updated.

Bad news:
Unfortunately due to the large changes the game has had, none of the scenes that were in the mod gallery are compatible with the game anymore. They all have to be recoded by me and readded to the mod, which means I basically have to recreate the entire mod from scratch.

Good news:
After a lot of effort I've added a new feature that lets you customize every possible option for each character such as pregnancy, pubes, piercings, and so on. Your settings are saved individually for each girl so you can customize every girl differently and now replay any scene with the settings you want and see tons of scene/art variations that were never possible to see in the mod before.

It's seriously been a ton of work figuring out how to add this feature and having to remake the entire mod, so currently I've only been able to remake the mod for the first 8 characters. After working on it for 10 hours a day for like 5 days straight I just need a break from it.

It's also honestly been hard to justify the huge amount of time it takes for me to work on this mod and keep it updated (despite messages or complaints I've gotten about it not being updated) since the mod is free. But I know I'd get triple the amount of complaints if I finished the mod remake but made it patron-only, so that's not something I would do. So I'm just in a tough spot with this mod.

Changelog:
  • Updated mod to 20.2.2
  • Added new gallery character customization feature
  • Added lots of new scenes and a new character to the mod

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Appreciate the hard work you've done for this Maim, thanks.

Just one question, I can only see scenes for Aletta, Alexis, Anna and so on. How do we change pages to find Sasha, Morgan and so on?

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
Appreciate the hard work you've done for this Maim, thanks.

Just one question, I can only see scenes for Aletta, Alexis, Anna and so on. How do we change pages to find Sasha, Morgan and so on?
Since there were major code changes to the game recently all of the old gallery shit was broken so Maim is having to redo it all from scratch, we only have 1 page of girls rn.

Guileless

Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Maim Lain You're basically creating an alternative framework for configuring and playing through scenes. That's effectively on par with the coding effort of a game developer and extremely impressive for a free mod.

I'm certainly grateful, respect your abilities, and appreciate the result, but am genuinely surprised that you're putting so much effort into it.

I only speak for myself, but I couldn't, in good conscience, hold it against you if you ceased developing this mod.

I would be disappointed, but I don't feel entitled to hours of unfulfilling labor on anyone's part if they don't reap sufficient benefit from the investment.

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
This Mod is awesome . I truly wish I had enough money to support you patreon Maim Lain .
You did a fantastic work on the 8 characters you managed to pull off and I truly hope you do the rest of them , but I understand if it's to much work Peace out and good luck with everything you do in the future :)

Zimmaster7

Mar 6, 2019
New UI for char customization is pretty cool. If you can continue keeping this up-to-date it is appreciated. But if not I'll just have to get the scenes the old fashion way. By using a new save slot for every non-repeatable event lol.

Sab12

Aug 17, 2017
It's also honestly been hard to justify the huge amount of time it takes for me to work on this mod and keep it updated (despite messages or complaints I've gotten about it not being updated) since the mod is free. But I know I'd get triple the amount of complaints if I finished the mod remake but made it patron-only, so that's not something I would do. So I'm just in a tough spot with this mod.
It's not much, but I tossed you a dollar on Patreon.

Thanks for your hardwork on this.

Reactions: Maid Lain

rev33

Jun 6, 2017
Thank you for making this mod
I love the game and this mod just make it even better

Do you still have the older version of your mod that are fully working on the older version of the game?

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
Thank you for making this mod
I love the game and this mod just make it even better

Do you still have the older version of your mod that are fully working on the older version of the game?
Older version is from last year. 19.10 i think.

Reactions: rev33
Oct 2, 2018
Just skip the day to night grind of going crazy looking for the girls and get their scenes with this mod. Lovely, base game gets 2 stars but this modification gets 5! Saved me the pain of guessing and reading long walkthroughs with go here- do this- click that- ect. :D Maim Lain for the win!

namna

Mar 3, 2019
I really appreciate the work you've done on this mod Lain. Taking a break/stopping completely is absolutely justified, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being compensated for your work(even if it's "just a mod").
No reasonable person can or will blame you for taking care of yourself, so please make sure to do so!

Reactions: Maid Lain
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes