tossler

Jul 1, 2017
I can't figure out why I'll suddenly lose a massive amount of points with a girl after laboriously grinding out a couple of points per day. It's like climbing a mountain of sand. There seem to be more ways to accidentally offend these characters than to positively impress them.

Also, after arranging a date, it's a mystery how we're supposed to make it occur.

Without a walkthrough, no fun to be had.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
in that case, this game is gonna have to much to look forward too. hope it's an adoptive dog that becomes part of the family =p

as for now, i'm so bad at this game. i find myself spending most of my days trying to keep my food, energy and happy up that i don't have to much time to spend on the girls. hey, slow progress is still progress.

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
I can't figure out why I'll suddenly lose a massive amount of points with a girl after laboriously grinding out a couple of points per day. It's like climbing a mountain of sand. There seem to be more ways to accidentally offend these characters than to positively impress them.

Also, after arranging a date, it's a mystery how we're supposed to make it occur.

Without a walkthrough, no fun to be had.
Hi :)
Once you set up a date (on phone, by interacting or by accepting one) on the day it is planned (if it's an afternnoon date at 2pm and if it's an evening date at 8pm) you will have a go on a date action on the right side menu, or the girl will tell you it's time for your date if you are in the same room.
If you lose big it's one of those three things :
- You missed a date
- You didn't do your chores
- You didn't pay rent
When you compliment a girl, the chances of gaining a point versus losing a point are 50% + your charm.

Reactions: tossler

Futuredark

Mar 7, 2017
Second Base is pretty light on content at the moment. You can grind your way up to a promotion at work, buy clothes that will allow you to get into the nightclub and gym, build up your relationships with Bree and Sasha, date and fuck them both, and if you build up Sasha's submissive kink, you can get alternate sex scenes. As far as I can tell, there's nothing so elaborate that a walkthrough would be warranted at this point, but it's not going to upset me to be proven wrong.

acgpolis

Jul 2, 2018
We've seen numerous players complaining about loosing relation points "for no reason".
Apparently, a walkthrough should be put in the top of this thread as not many people will read through all 55 pages before they start playing.
Or better way is to make the game more self-explanatory. For example a message like "Sasha is mad at you because you missed your scheduled date with her" should be given before you fine a player 20 points.

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
We've seen numerous players complaining about loosing relation points "for no reason".
Apparently, a walkthrough should be put in the top of this thread as not many people will read through all 55 pages before they start playing.
Or better way is to make the game more self-explanatory. For example a message like "Sasha is mad at you because you missed your scheduled date with her" should be given before you fine a player 20 points.
I am working on user friendliness, just remember Rome ad the time it took ;)

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
That isn't the problematic point. We missed the date. Fine. But people are bothered by "Talk" or "Compliment" randomly blurting out irrelevant shit about rape or whatever to the girls and scoring negative points. You never know what you'll say and thats an issue

Reactions: TomberryDude

weaselman

Apr 6, 2018
That isn't the problematic point. We missed the date. Fine. But people are bothered by "Talk" or "Compliment" randomly blurting out irrelevant shit about rape or whatever to the girls and scoring negative points. You never know what you'll say and thats an issue
that's purely on your charm, make your MC less solcially retarded and that should stop being an issue, it's also just one FP and DP you lose which you can easily get back

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
that's purely on your charm, make your MC less solcially retarded and that should stop being an issue, it's also just one FP and DP you lose which you can easily get back
My charm was in 20's when he says that shit. Whats the max? Should one grind out the max stats before speaking to any of them?

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
My charm was in 20's when he says that shit. Whats the max? Should one grind out the max stats before speaking to any of them?
It's just the compliment action that has a random element not the talk. With 20 charm you have 70% chances of saying something good as a compliment...
When playing a rpg you attack sometime you hit sometime you miss that s the game it's not a bug.
I like that randomness and will not remove it.

Reactions: Tataro

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
It's just the compliment action that has a random element not the talk. With 20 charm you have 70% chances of saying something good as a compliment...
When playing a rpg you attack sometime you hit sometime you miss that s the game it's not a bug.
I like that randomness and will not remove it.
Don't have to remove it. Simply explain the odds of saying something rapey at different levels of charm and such

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Don't have to remove it. Simply explain the odds of saying something rapey at different levels of charm and such
I ll try to think of something.
First i ll add a message in the morning :
Shit I missed my date with X she must be pissed off.

weaselman

Apr 6, 2018
also let me guess, the talk option was the one about sex? you need a bigger desire with the girls to have that one turn out good

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Next version will have :
- A message telling you that you missed a date
- A message telling you that you didn't do your chores
- When you compliment there will be 3 outcomes:
1) Bad !
2) Neutral
3) Good
Instead of just good/bad, in addition in case of neutral/bad result you'll get a hint to increase your charm.
I hope you'll like the new hints and help :)

Reactions: Tataro

prototype00

Dec 17, 2017
Hello, just a couple of questions, if I could?

1. What are the lock-off events for each of the characters and their timings?

Bree: Games in the Living Room (?), Arcade meetup (Saturday, Random chance, time?)

Sasha: Help Moving (Evenings...?), Bar meetup (also evenings...?)

2. How often would the girls like you to do chores? I tend to try for every other weekend, but that might be overdoing it?

Thanks for the game!

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Hello, just a couple of questions, if I could?

1. What are the lock-off events for each of the characters and their timings?

Bree: Games in the Living Room (?), Arcade meetup (Saturday, Random chance, time?)

Sasha: Help Moving (Evenings...?), Bar meetup (also evenings...?)

2. How often would the girls like you to do chores? I tend to try for every other weekend, but that might be overdoing it?

Thanks for the game!
For the chores you are supposed to fill the bar every week, but there is a bug so it's every month in the current version.
For the rest I'll let players answer that ^^

3.60 star(s) 285 Votes