Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
He has worked with fetishes he at least struggles with, true, for example he gave it as a reason why he never expanded on femdom content beyond a few early characters.

However, I see no reason in this discussion to doubt the truthfulness of that he is saying "No Angela" is because of his own likes. As you yourself say, there is a fan favorite gone which can only hurt him. Also, even though having two step-related characters may be marginally more obvious than only one, I would think it doesn't change that much and doesn't really reduce the risk of losing Patreon as a stream of income. So from an economic perspective "No Angela" doesn't make sense. And I don't really see any other viable perspective why he would do so apart from "that's my decision" - regardless of whether he ever thought otherwise. After all, there will be (almost) no game where everything originally intended was implemented for whatever reason, and people change opinions sometimes for no reason at all, so him maybe wanting to do it at some point in the past doesn't mean that he doesn't tell the truth when he says that now he just doesn't want to do it.
As I said, it would change things significantly if you add into the equation timeline. Minami is already in the game and she's not new. Therefore removing her content would pretty time consuming, buggy, a tremendous waste of already spent resources and could cause patrons to leave. Whereas with Patreon, the bulk of risk has largely already been incurred. And since he does not update her anymore outside of bugfixes, they're not as likely to notice.

With Angela, he would have to do regular updates to the character to get her up to par with other characters. And every update that fills his feed would come with risk that patreon finally flags it. So pulling the "artistic choice" card is the most optimal way to keep both camps off his back.

And there is obviously reasons to doubt his claim given how inconsistent it is with Minami and how he had already shown clear intentions before patreon became more strict. Call me crazy, but I think occam's razor here is simply a small PR lie than a sudden unsolicited unexplained unpopular change of heart from a person who's comfortable writing outside his kinks.

I'm open to other theories as to what "changed his heart", but imo Patreon is still the leading theory despite his angry yet oddly still always vague "just didn't want, shut up" claims. Especially since that would also explain why it's such a sore spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradd D

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
It's a shame that Angela is such an interesting and beautiful character to the point where the SON himself says: "Wow, my mother is beautiful", I think that if from the beginning she had been an ugly, old and wrinkled woman, no one would have been interested in her , and it's funny that she exists to support Minami's story and to have her own plot, but both characters were abandoned by Andrealphus, just like Cherie lol. In fact, abandoning characters and concepts happens a lot, like when it was said that there would be a focus on some point between Mike and other guys in the game, that there would be gay scenes and even there are ready-made arts of Mike running on the beach naked with Dwayne, Shawn, Jack and etc, but again, nothing so far.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
As I said, it would change things significantly if you add into the equation timeline. Minami is already in the game and she's not new. Therefore removing her content would pretty time consuming, buggy, a tremendous waste of already spent resources and could cause patrons to leave. Whereas with Patreon, the bulk of risk has largely already been incurred. And since he does not update her anymore outside of bugfixes, they're not as likely to notice.

With Angela, he would have to do regular updates to the character to get her up to par with other characters. And every update that fills his feed would come with risk that patreon finally flags it. So pulling the "artistic choice" card is the most optimal way to keep both camps off his back.

And there is obviously reasons to doubt his claim given how inconsistent it is with Minami and how he had already shown clear intentions before patreon became more strict. Call me crazy, but I think occam's razor here is simply a small PR lie than a sudden unsolicited unexplained unpopular change of heart from a person who's comfortable writing outside his kinks.

I'm open to other theories as to what "changed his heart", but imo Patreon is still the leading theory despite his angry yet oddly still always vague "just didn't want, shut up" claims. Especially since that would also explain why it's such a sore spot.
If we take the timeline into account however, Minami wasn't that far developed back in the day as she is now either. I think we only had some early date like experiences which still could be stopped.

And I still don't see your "Occam's Razor" point because, assuming it is not what he wants, who would this "small PR lie" be directed at? The players/customers? They want Angela, if he doesn't deliver then why take the blame himself and not blame the mighty company - wouldn't him being unable to deliver instead of not wanting to deliver give him a better standing with them? Patreon? They would not care about some brown nosing on page 789 of some pirating forum or even on Twitter. I still don't see anything to gain for Andrealphus by saying "it's my personal decision". That's precisesly the "unsolicited unexplained unpopular change of heart" you say he wants to avoid with this.

3.60 star(s) 286 Votes