VN Ren'Py Love Unbound Ep. 01 [v0.1.1] [Greenmuddle]

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes

Powerbabe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for that info, unfortunately I am not techie enough to work that solution out.(y)
I will wait have to wait for the Dev to fix it, now that he is aware of it.
Redownload the game. It has been updated to fix your issue.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Redownload the game. It has been updated to fix your issue.
The latest download has a new error (or errors).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Those last lines point to the folder on the dev's computer? That's... odd.

But [ll] (which is actually [Ll] in the rpy file) throws that key error.

Powerbabe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2018

I'm curious. Where do you see that in the log? The log is about your machine, not the devs. Or do you mean the developer of the Renpy engine? If so, you are correct. His name is Tom Rothamel.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I'm curious. Where do you see that in the log? The log is about your machine, not the devs. Or do you mean the developer of the Renpy engine? If so, you are correct. His name is Tom Rothamel.
I copied/pasted the traceback.txt from my machine, yes.
And I have not seen those particular lines before, pointing to a non-existent location on my machine.

But regardless, there is an error with the variable somehow:

KeyError: 'll'

but the relevant .rpy file (after unpacking the .rpa file) declares it as "capital L, lower-case....some character, could be an I, l, or i.

Most Windows editors render those as the same character, so I can't tell what it should be, lol.

In the error screen it's ll but the file says Ll (I'm assuming lower-case L)

And this happens with a fresh install, I never even get to load a save.

garyH

May 25, 2017
Any plans for the "MC" to actually become the MC or is this just going to be some sort of lesbian, voyeur, cuck game where the spineless, pathetic "MC" is occasionally allowed to participate with the permission of the actual MC(Miriam)?

Greenmuddle

May 7, 2019
The latest download has a new error (or errors).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you for reporting the error. Unfortunately, I cannot replicate it. Can you guide me through the steps you took to get it? Thank you.

Greenmuddle

May 7, 2019
Any plans for the "MC" to actually become the MC or is this just going to be some sort of lesbian, voyeur, cuck game where the spineless, pathetic "MC" is occasionally allowed to participate with the permission of the actual MC(Miriam)?
It's not an NTR game. The point is to naturally portray the progression and evolution of the MC's character, from someone completely unfamiliar with the dynamics to one who takes full control.

The MC is not spineless; he's just new to the experience. My aim is to show character progression in a more nuanced and "realistic" way. That's all I can say for now. I prefer to show, rather than talk about it. So wait and see the story unfold.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Thank you for reporting the error. Unfortunately, I cannot replicate it. Can you guide me through the steps you took to get it? Thank you.
First, apologies, I had a brain fart, this happened with a save game from the first release, not on main game start.

At the point it started the new content for 0.1.1 is when the error occurred ("ep_01.rpyc", line 8, in script")

This is Windows 10. I just installed the base game, no mods, then loaded the save, which DID progress a few lines since my save was several screens before the previous end, but then hit the above error on the version change.

Greenmuddle

May 7, 2019
First, apologies, I had a brain fart, this happened with a save game from the first release, not on main game start.

At the point it started the new content for 0.1.1 is when the error occurred ("ep_01.rpyc", line 8, in script")

This is Windows 10. I just installed the base game, no mods, then loaded the save, which DID progress a few lines since my save was several screens before the previous end, but then hit the above error on the version change.
Sorry for the late response, but I still can't replicate the error. I suggest you start a new game on the latest version and delete the old saves, especially from the old demo, since they are no longer compatible. Thank you.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Sorry for the late response, but I still can't replicate the error. I suggest you start a new game on the latest version and delete the old saves, especially from the old demo, since they are no longer compatible. Thank you.
Thanks.

1) I started a new playthrough and it worked fine, so there was something changed between versions, obviously.

2) Did I miss the memo about saves not being compatible? ;)

That should be stated on the OP if so, but there's nothing about that.

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes