EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
LNS_CoverImage500x300.png

Overview:
You play as a girl working as a night shift caretaker of a Xenobiology Research and Expo Complex, the Xenoplex.
When there are no visitors and other staff around, you have to keep up the order, do the daily chores and attend to the needs of the alien visitors, the Polyflies, the Lassospiders and the Quasiworms. Everything looks to promise you a boring job, but as you get to know aliens better, you will find that not only can you change them, but they also can change you, in more ways than one.

Thread Updated: 2022-05-31
Release Date: 2022-03-31
Developer: GreyRaccoon - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.6
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
All: - - - -

Extras: -

Screen3_06.png Screen4_06.png Screen5_06.png Screen1_06.png Screen2_06.png

Last edited by a moderator:

telotelo

Dec 22, 2017
might want to add female protagonist on this one
because by reading the overview alone it'll be vague at best

i had hard time to imagine the shape (anatomy, whatev) of alien from the story
i assume they're antromorph since the description in exposition isn't insightful
but they can grab, hence hands - or so i read

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Oh my, something more or less hardcore for a change.
Don't see ovi, nip fuck, and nip birth very often.
But i'm not into bugs. :giggle::coffee:

Reactions: Angelcrush

GreyRaccoon

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2022
might want to add female protagonist on this one
because by reading the premise alone it'll be vague at best
Yeah, my bad, forgot that major tag while triple-checking smaller details.
i had hard time to imagine the shape of alien from the story
i assume they are antromorph since the description in exposition isn't insightful
but they can grab, hence hands - or so i read
The idea was Polyflies/Lassospiders/Quasiworms are just enlarged flies/spiders/worms with a fancy prefix. However, I just speedrun'd half into the game and there indeed are no clear indications of their actual shapes. I will fix that.

Well, I do enjoy Lunate's insect transformation art(minus last few steps into body horror), so might try it one day. And thank you.

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Hmm Transformation shuts down all thoughts as does text based game. So hard pass and placing game on ignore. No offense, as I wise you good luck with your game. Just don't care of those tags.

Horse Boy

Jul 24, 2017
Is there going to be any art? If you can't produce it on your own, I'm sure you can find some artists to collaborate with.

GreyRaccoon

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2022
Is there going to be any art? If you can't produce it on your own, I'm sure you can find some artists to collaborate with.
I'm looking into commissioning art, but the top priority right now is to get main text content out and to fix some of the code problems.
Don't want to make any promises on visuals at this point, the 0.6 will most likely be a text-only update.

Reactions: xoxo1001 and RenH

Akisohida

Aug 19, 2021
Neat game but it's frustrating trying to figure out how to advance.
I thought I found the right parameters for the bug's enclosure, since a video appeared, but when I restarted to do it again; the combo I thought worked did nothing.

The wording is too vague to figure anything out. IE: The Polyflies 'drink suggestively' at Med water, but 'don't need more' at Low.
Putting heat on High gets them 'energetic' but...so what? Clearly, that's not doing anything, because I've tried it with Water and Food on high/med/low and nothing happened.

It's just too vague.

Reactions: GreyRaccoon

GreyRaccoon

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2022
It's just too vague.
It is. I am remaking "horny indicators" to be more obvious and will probably just add some sort of a "book about alien life cycles" to be found in-game which will be a better set of clues for the player.

Veteran2022

Jan 7, 2018
This somehow reminds me of a doujinshi about a girl whose father raised a bunch of bugs in the house, and one night a bug slipped out of the cage and entered her room and uh... you know:BootyTime:

• Wow
Reactions: GreyRaccoon

GreyRaccoon

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2022
Lovebugs: Night Shift version 0.6 will come out at the end of this week.

I apologize for the delay and lack of communication. I've been learning HTML and CSS from scratch and reworking game's interface and its code, to make it easier to play and to work with. It's all a first time learning experience for me, but I'm picking up my pace and will try to avoid going silent for so long in the future.

Thank you for being patient.

altnation

Jul 5, 2020
Like this game a lot and will be keeping an eye on it. May even subscribe. Honestly I would keep focusing on content. The text is strong as far as this genre goes.

If you create a release schedule I'll definitely commit to a few giving you some money over the next few months.

Just don't abandon it. All the good transformation and parasite games get abandoned or bogged down fixing bugs for mechanics nobody needs.

GreyRaccoon

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2022
Like this game a lot and will be keeping an eye on it. May even subscribe. Honestly I would keep focusing on content. The text is strong as far as this genre goes.
Thank you very much!

If you create a release schedule I'll definitely commit to a few giving you some money over the next few months.
This game is my testing bed, once it gets to 1.0 I will have a better feel for my own capabilities and will be able to give better deadlines.
Current one is "1.0 out by summer 2022"

Just don't abandon it. All the good transformation and parasite games get abandoned or bogged down fixing bugs for mechanics nobody needs.
Won't abandon it not now, no ever!

The 2 months slowdown was mostly on my bad selforganization, not on the game.
However it did have problems, which needed to be fixed no matter what.
Bad player direction, some objectives had misleading wording, the code very hard to read and test and some chunks of content were skipped because of bad variable handling.

At this very moment I have a single final checklist to go through, then will insert second batch of content in and release 0.6.

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes