Hieronymous

May 3, 2017
How the flying **** do you save in this game ? I start the game without skipping the intro, and never does it show a damn way to save !! I hit the esc/r-click buttons, and all I can are settings, the option to exit, or change language....

Its crazy cause if you hit those same keys on title screen when your starting the game it actually shows you a "load" button in the middle that you can click and from there you can save, but once in the damn game that option isnt there, WTF ?
.... So.
There is this:

Intro1.jpg

Developer deliberately makes a conscious effort to inform players. You Can NOT save in the Introduction stage of the game.
Also includes an explanation that forces the player through introduction text before they can start playing.

Player ignores text.
Proceeds to slam the developer for not allowing them to save in the one place they are not allowed to save.

And SuperAlex wonders why I kept pushing for screen to tell players they are still in the tutorial/intro. Players tend to err on the side of "Can read, but won't read" or "I'm only here for the sex, skip everything else".

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
.... So.
There is this:

View attachment 90399

Developer deliberately makes a conscious effort to inform players. You Can NOT save in the Introduction stage of the game.
Also includes an explanation that forces the player through introduction text before they can start playing.

Player ignores text.
Proceeds to slam the developer for not allowing them to save in the one place they are not allowed to save.

And SuperAlex wonders why I kept pushing for screen to tell players they are still in the tutorial/intro. Players tend to err on the side of "Can read, but won't read" or "I'm only here for the sex, skip everything else".
Thanks for that, I read it but for some odd reason blanked out, the first time I ran out of time and got irked that I had to start over, and the 2nd time after going to sleep on Thursday I got a black screen, and thought my game messed up. Now that I read it clearly, going to sleep on Thursday is supposed to end the intro, and you have to go back to title to start the game on Friday.

EDIT - also most games with tutorials dont do this, if you cant save during a tutorial, thats fine, but let it run into the main game and that get a notify like most other games of this type. You get a "all options are now enabled, have fun" text, not a "if you got overwhelmed by all the info in the begining text thinking I was going to explain it later in the intro itself, SURPRISE!, now go back to title screen to start the game propoer".

Reactions: Hieronymous

Hieronymous

May 3, 2017
Thanks for that, I read it but for some odd reason blanked out, the first time I ran out of time and got irked that I had to start over, and the 2nd time after going to sleep on Thursday I got a black screen, and thought my game messed up. Now that I read it clearly, going to sleep on Thursday is supposed to end the intro, and you have to go back to title to start the game on Friday.

EDIT - also most games with tutorials dont do this, if you cant save during a tutorial, thats fine, but let it run into the main game and that get a notify like most other games of this type. You get a "all options are now enabled, have fun" text, not a "if you got overwhelmed by all the info in the begining text thinking I was going to explain it later in the intro itself, SURPRISE!, now go back to title screen to start the game propoer".
Well. This mainly is due to a merging of a initial sandbox version to a visual novel version to back to a sandbox version.
If it feels weird and inconsistent, that is because parts are the frankensteined to its current state to make use of all the created content. The current game is almost 3 different games mashed into one.

Pretty much, you have to kill a few days in the house. Meet the characters, then progress to the "real" game.

Still tons of polishing work needed on the game, but the push currently is to move event progression farther along.

If someone was up to it, it'd be nice if someone could just grammer check the text in introduction/first version/part of the game. It'd clarify things for players since there always is a log jam of new players with every release.

Hence why some of us are kinda jaded when players ask for: Cheats, savefiles or "why can't I save?" as it tends to get repeated in this thread ad nauseam far more then any other game thread.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Well. This mainly is due to a merging of a initial sandbox version to a visual novel version to back to a sandbox version.
If it feels weird and inconsistent, that is because parts are the frankensteined to its current state to make use of all the created content. The current game is almost 3 different games mashed into one.

Pretty much, you have to kill a few days in the house. Meet the characters, then progress to the "real" game.

Still tons of polishing work needed on the game, but the push currently is to move event progression farther along.

If someone was up to it, it'd be nice if someone could just grammer check the text in introduction/first version/part of the game. It'd clarify things for players since there always is a log jam of new players with every release.

Hence why some of us are kinda jaded when players ask for: Cheats, savefiles or "why can't I save?" as it tends to get repeated in this thread ad nauseam far more then any other game thread.
Sorry if I came across as a bit harsh in the original post about me complaining about the save feature. The game itself is good, I liked the models, even for the MC, the story concept is interesting to say the least.

Lets hope if this game takes off, he fixes the issues, and lets you start from the intro into the game proper.

Im not sure I understand the different engine part, to me it always looks/feels the same ? I mean the basic game layout in the intro and the game proper is the classic Ren'py stuff where you click icons to go to room from room and able to interact with NPC or objects within said room. I didnt see a sandbox or RPGM style play at all, did I miss something ?

Hieronymous

May 3, 2017
Sorry if I came across as a bit harsh in the original post about me complaining about the save feature. The game itself is good, I liked the models, even for the MC, the story concept is interesting to say the least.

Lets hope if this game takes off, he fixes the issues, and lets you start from the intro into the game proper.

Im not sure I understand the different engine part, to me it always looks/feels the same ? I mean the basic game layout in the intro and the game proper is the classic Ren'py stuff where you click icons to go to room from room and able to interact with NPC or objects within said room. I didnt see a sandbox or RPGM style play at all, did I miss something ?
Nah. The game engine was always Unity.

The game initially started off as a basic sandbox/visual novel hybrid for the first third of its life with only 6 stats.
Then got changed into a pure visual novel for the 2nd bit.
And currently, it is would be back to the basic sandbox/visual novel with like 16 stats. So stats to upgrade/grind, but far more grind intensive then most people can handle to raise the stats high enough for event unlocks.

There isn't much sandbox currently as the event paths are not far enough for there to be an actual difference in the pathing of events. Pretty much, we're at the stage where the developer is settled on how to progress with the characters and "Lucky Mark" will finally be able get lucky instead of voyeurism and groping when a future version comes out.

Reactions: Rythan25

Mtgwo

Aug 28, 2017
I keep making the same events over and over again and nothing new happens, the only thing that changed was the fork scene at the breakfast (till the point where she steps on the fork). The same goes to the maid event, it keeps saying something about Bill getting mad if something is wrog with the food, but i don't have any opportunities on proceeding.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
All the games threads are like this and it drives half of the posters crazy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
tried running it in wine
got the unity splashscreen, after that i only get a black screen with the intro music

Jansen

May 8, 2017

Hello !
I continue to work. I had a couple of new ideas in the process of creating scenes for interacting with the game. I had to work with the code, which took some time, but I hope you'll appreciate the innovations. I will not disclose the details, you will see for yourself.

I still can not work out some definite system in creating scenes, each new one turns out to be something special, which makes me spend more time creating them. But, I think in the future I will determine for myself the most effective methodology and a set of tools for creating them. Of course I read and pay attention to your opinion and will move in the direction you prefer.

Once again I thank all subscribers! This month, another goal is beaten. It is associated with the translator in English. I already think how it will be best to do the preparation of texts, their translation and I'm planning to try it next month!

3.00 star(s) 166 Votes