xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
I know another game that the developer hasn't abandoned but still doesn't give any news for 6 months and the game is marked as abandoned.
Also, is there any rule to how long a game can be onhold without any updates ?
Like I said, the clear difference is that the dev is still active, but not working on this game as it is on-hold. I really don't want to repeat myself multiple times, but the dev officially stated that Lufuclad is on-hold until the other two main projects are finished. As long as communications are kept, which does not have to be for this game but generally, like for those other two projects which he is working on, this won't get tagged as abandoned without a good reason. Just taking a long time until work on it continues is not a sufficient reason, if the game is still on-hold then it still is on-hold, it still is not abandoned until otherwise stated or until communications stop overall.

Regarding the other game, if I remember correctly the rule should be 3 months of no communications (your example likely just took longer to get reported and thus it got only tagged later). The rule is about all communications from the dev which are not exclusive to one game. Kyieru said Lufuclad would be on-hold for a long time (i.e. finishing the other two main projects first) and did not have a reason to post any kind of update as the status of being on-hold didn't change, regarding that he only said he "may" post updates but that was no guarantee.

Also, speculations and assumptions are not facts, you can assume whatever you want but facts remain unchanged until disproved. So far we have no reason to assume that Lufuclad will be abandoned, we could assume it after the first two projects are done and we neither receive updates for the game nor any communications regarding it when the dev stated he would, but until then it remains on-hold.

Edit: Correction regarding the rule, I won't edit it above, but the rule regarding an abandoned game may be a confirmation from the dev or no communications regarding the specific game for at least 3 months, but in this case on-hold has priority as it simply is a confirmation of the dev that it is on-hold. Regarding Lufuclad it was clearly stated, and as neither the other two main projects are finished yet nor communications have overall stopped there is no reason to change it from on-hold to abandoned.

In short, the prerequisite for this game to be tagged as abandoned instead of on-hold (as it was officially stated) is that either the other two main projects are finished yet Lufuclad does not receive any updates without a given reason, or that the dev stopped all communications for at least 3 months which would make it unclear whether he is still working on anything, or obviously if the dev confirms it himself.

Last edited:

-Nothing-

Aug 16, 2021
Like I said, the clear difference is that the dev is still active, but not working on this game as it is on-hold. I really don't want to repeat myself multiple times, but the dev officially stated that Lufuclad is on-hold until the other two main projects are finished. As long as communications are kept, which does not have to be for this game but generally, like for those other two projects which he is working on, this won't get tagged as abandoned without a good reason. Just taking a long time until work on it continues is not a sufficient reason, if the game is still on-hold then it still is on-hold, it still is not abandoned until otherwise stated or until communications stop overall.

Regarding the other game, if I remember correctly the rule should be 3 months of no communications (your example likely just took longer to get reported and thus it got only tagged later). The rule is about all communications from the dev which are not exclusive to one game. Kyieru said Lufuclad would be on-hold for a long time (i.e. finishing the other two main projects first) and did not have a reason to post any kind of update as the status of being on-hold didn't change, regarding that he only said he "may" post updates but that was no guarantee.

Also, speculations and assumptions are not facts, you can assume whatever you want but facts remain unchanged until disproved. So far we have no reason to assume that Lufuclad will be abandoned, we could assume it after the first two projects are done and we neither receive updates for the game nor any communications regarding it when the dev stated he would, but until then it remains on-hold.

Edit: Correction regarding the rule, I won't edit it above, but the rule regarding an abandoned game may be a confirmation from the dev or no communications regarding the specific game for at least 3 months, but in this case on-hold has priority as it simply is a confirmation of the dev that it is on-hold. Regarding Lufuclad it was clearly stated, and as neither the other two main projects are finished yet nor communications have overall stopped there is no reason to change it from on-hold to abandoned.

In short, the prerequisite for this game to be tagged as abandoned instead of on-hold (as it was officially stated) is that either the other two main projects are finished yet Lufuclad does not receive any updates without a given reason, or that the dev stopped all communications for at least 3 months which would make it unclear whether he is still working on anything, or obviously if the dev confirms it himself.
I understand. This means that such a situation is not provided for by the rules of the site and uploader will have to act on the basis of logic.
Do not think that I'm just some kind of braindead freak or obsessed with the rules, it's just unusual for me to see the onhold game for a whole year and a half without seeing any news on the blog of the game itself. I have to read not the most pleasant criticism and find out the information by myself.
Thank you for explanation (y)

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
The difference is that it is one of many projects, not a single project that is not being worked on. The dev clearly said that he would finish the other two main projects first, simply because they had priority over a new main project. He only said that there is a chance he might already do some updates on the side, but did not guarantee it, so updates shouldn't be expected when they could only come later.

As long as the dev does not officialy state that the game is abandoned, or communications come to a halt even at other sources other than this game, then there is no reason to believe it is abandoned. If he stays true to his word then he will finish his first two main projects and then continue the work on Lufuclad, and he didn't finish both of them just yet.
Why would they work on three projects simultaneously in the first place? On the surface it really sounds like baiting supporters into staying because they still expect the other projects to eventually be "finished". I'm sure they have a good a reason I'm just bummed about this I really liked their earlier works and I'm big on pixel art

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Why would they work on three projects simultaneously in the first place? On the surface it really sounds like baiting supporters into staying because they still expect the other projects to eventually be "finished". I'm sure they have a good a reason I'm just bummed about this I really liked their earlier works and I'm big on pixel art
Two of them were main projects, Lufuclad was a side project at first which was worked on in the free time but is now considered a main project as well because of the necessary time investment, which is also the reason why it was put on-hold.

Abcdefinition

Mar 9, 2019
Two of them were main projects, Lufuclad was a side project at first which was worked on in the free time but is now considered a main project as well because of the necessary time investment, which is also the reason why it was put on-hold.
what is the 2 main project he/she working right now? might as well to check it

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
what is the 2 main project he/she working right now? might as well to check it
Kurovadis (tagged as completed but the dev mentioned something about fixing it up) and Noaika (also currently on-hold), though there weren't any recent posts on the dev's (not the one exclusive for Lufuclad) for quite a while now but there is still activity on his .

Last thing the dev said on his blog is that he had some health issues previously though those should have been taken care of and everything should normalize for him over time. Lufuclad got also mentioned it could get worked on again because he felt like it. Not sure what I can make out of what he posts on twitter though as it is nothing concrete, the design implies he might be working on Lufuclad again.

That's all I can say though as I personally didn't keep that much track of everything, I am mostly just patiently waiting.

Dark918

Mar 4, 2021
Read the comments on one of those posts and I gotta say I’m disappointed. The man stretched himself thin and worked himself to the bone. Messed around on too many projects and everything’s on hold? I feel like I’ll be a middle aged man before this game gets any solid updates, I’m kinda losing hope here

Reactions: Beats9821

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Isn't there any other means (twitter, instagram, etc.,) by which to know the status of the dev?

Supposedly the reason the project stopped working was because the dev fell seriously ill and needed time to recover.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
Isn't there any other means (twitter, instagram, etc.,) by which to know the status of the dev?

Supposedly the reason the project stopped working was because the dev fell seriously ill and needed time to recover.
Actually, as far as I know, they already recovered from the surgery. but it hasn't posted in a year by now, with the latest post bein on Wednesday, August 18, 2021. This post (and the one before it) show he's working on another project called "Kurovadis", . I even read it was on Steam, though I have no leads on if that's true or not besides Kyrieru saying it. Sadly, I have no idea if they're still working on Lufuclad or not... or, hell, if the dude is even alive, considering the abscence of posts between August 2021 and now.

Can we get an F for respects for this dev?

• Sad
Reactions: GreenPotato

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
Actually, as far as I know, they already recovered from the surgery. but it hasn't posted in a year by now, with the latest post bein on Wednesday, August 18, 2021. This post (and the one before it) show he's working on another project called "Kurovadis", . I even read it was on Steam, though I have no leads on if that's true or not besides Kyrieru saying it. Sadly, I have no idea if they're still working on Lufuclad or not... or, hell, if the dude is even alive, considering the abscence of posts between August 2021 and now.

Can we get an F for respects for this dev?
Kurovadis is very old. I think its his first game, hence why you can find it on dlsite as already released(back in 2012). From what I recall he mentioned wanting to touch it up like he did for Eroico before releasing it on steam. No idea how that's going since as you said he hasn't posted anything in a year.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
Kurovadis is very old. I think its his first game, hence why you can find it on dlsite as already released(back in 2012). From what I recall he mentioned wanting to touch it up like he did for Eroico before releasing it on steam. No idea how that's going since as you said he hasn't posted anything in a year.
Oh, I didn't know it was that old. Guess I should have payed attention a bit more... I guess the last thing he worked on would be that 3D thing then a post or two down? Though, I'm not sure if that's meant to be a game or if it's just practice with 3D software...

RICKY43

May 24, 2017
His posts from this year on Twitter, indicates that he's still dealing with or recovering from health issues.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes