R.D Carpet

Sep 17, 2018
To update people who have been wondering here, I stopped developing lufuclad because the frequent update method wasn't working well for the format of the game. (aka, trying to rush out features because every update needs something new) That and my health was bad so I needed to spend less time on side projects. So, I decided that I will finish other projects that I am working on, and then I will come back to Lufuclad and develop it as a full game, rather than week by week.

Since then I went through a surgical procedure that sorted out some health issues, though I will have to wait and see if they were effective long term or not. All that said, I may update it here and there at random in the mean time, but I'm not sure yet.
take your time rome wasnt build overnight you know

Reactions: ZenMaru

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
To update people who have been wondering here, I stopped developing lufuclad because the frequent update method wasn't working well for the format of the game. (aka, trying to rush out features because every update needs something new) That and my health was bad so I needed to spend less time on side projects. So, I decided that I will finish other projects that I am working on, and then I will come back to Lufuclad and develop it as a full game, rather than week by week.

Since then I went through a surgical procedure that sorted out some health issues, though I will have to wait and see if they were effective long term or not. All that said, I may update it here and there at random in the mean time, but I'm not sure yet.
As long as updates do appear at some point in the future it shouldn't be an issue, it was a side-project in the first place so nobody should expect too much focus on it, though updates would have been expected much later after the mentioned main projects.
But above everything else, health takes priority.

Eclite

Jan 28, 2019

get well, take your time

Reactions: ZenMaru and LDV

MysticShadow117

Jan 20, 2020
Ok so I saw the controls guide, but how do you play as the catgirl or the monster?
Alright, I figured out that you just have to use update 28 for the catgirl, but I still can't figure out how to play as the monster

Last edited:

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Ok so I saw the controls guide, but how do you play as the catgirl or the monster?
Alright, I figured out that you just have to use update 28 for the catgirl, but I still can't figure out how to play as the monster
The images include for what version it is for. But I don't think it was ever possible, it is just a visualization of what each monster has to offer. Also, it is outdated as there are three more enemies, two of which are female.

MysticShadow117

Jan 20, 2020
The images include for what version it is for. But I don't think it was ever possible, it is just a visualization of what each monster has to offer. Also, it is outdated as there are three more enemies, two of which are female.
Ok, where would I be able to find the most recent up to date version? If the answer is patreon, if purchasing it worth it?

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
It's been almost three years, maybe the game should be set to abandoned status?
Another half a year is "almost" for you?
1642443227583.png
edit: (I didn't check the last game update and didn't have a date in mind so I looked at OP, it wasn't even as long ago, and the dev posted just above in fact less than a year ago)

Nevertheless, it clearly is on-hold as officially stated by the developer, it is not abandoned. The dev said that he has other main projects and the reason why this was put on-hold was because they had priority. He may have shifted the focus for this game from a side-project to a main-project, but the previous main projects have priority over a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: ejmuerte

-Nothing-

Aug 16, 2021
Another half a year is "almost" for you?
View attachment 1602132
edit: (I didn't check the last game update and didn't have a date in mind so I looked at OP, it wasn't even as long ago, and the dev posted just above in fact less than a year ago)

Nevertheless, it clearly is on-hold as officially stated by the developer, it is not abandoned. The dev said that he has other main projects and the reason why this was put on-hold was because they had priority. He may have shifted the focus for this game from a side-project to a main-project, but the previous main projects have priority over a new one.
Yup, I was mistaken it with the date of this post (posted game), so it's year and half.
Yet still pretty long, and also judging by information on his main blog, Kyrieru is focusing on Kurovadis, Noaika and 3D modelling, so it's possible for this game to be forgotten after all

-Nothing-

Aug 16, 2021
According to Kyrieru's last few posts, they're actually following through with not only remaking Kurovadis for Steam, but also finishing Noaika. So Lufuclad is going to be on-hold for a while.
Truth, I just got a feeling that when a game is left unattended for such a long time, it eventually becomes abandoned

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Truth, I just got a feeling that when a game is left unattended for such a long time, it eventually becomes abandoned
The difference is that it is one of many projects, not a single project that is not being worked on. The dev clearly said that he would finish the other two main projects first, simply because they had priority over a new main project. He only said that there is a chance he might already do some updates on the side, but did not guarantee it, so updates shouldn't be expected when they could only come later.

As long as the dev does not officialy state that the game is abandoned, or communications come to a halt even at other sources other than this game, then there is no reason to believe it is abandoned. If he stays true to his word then he will finish his first two main projects and then continue the work on Lufuclad, and he didn't finish both of them just yet.

-Nothing-

Aug 16, 2021
The difference is that it is one of many projects, not a single project that is not being worked on. The dev clearly said that he would finish the other two main projects first, simply because they had priority over a new main project. He only said that there is a chance he might already do some updates on the side, but did not guarantee it, so updates shouldn't be expected when they could only come later.

As long as the dev does not officialy state that the game is abandoned, or communications come to a halt even at other sources other than this game, then there is no reason to believe it is abandoned. If he stays true to his word then he will finish his first two main projects and then continue the work on Lufuclad, and he didn't finish both of them just yet.
I know another game that the developer hasn't abandoned but still doesn't give any news for 6 months and the game is marked as abandoned.
Also, is there any rule to how long a game can be onhold without any updates ?

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes