alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Looks like its gonna be a very interesting story, a lot of effort was put into prologue.

Keep an eye out.
Appreciated! Time will tell what it's going to be, but the story is my main focus. Not much of a coder, nor an artist here, so I'm at least trying to make up for that in writing :D

Reactions: borealis

Arcane666

Jun 7, 2017
I enjoyed trying this out. Maybe it has been mentioned already but it's not necessary to display a new image for each or every second sentence of text. Changing images too often can make the novel a bit tiresome to read as the eyes constantly move from image to text. I eventually had to turn of transitions completely which helped somewhat but I still moved my eyes a lot. On a positive note, reducing the number of images may lessen your workload or make it easier to add more story each update.

Sometimes it's a good idea to change the camera angle completely when displaying a new image too, especially if the placement or movement of characters isn't required for the narrative. You did that a few times to good effect. But you could also do something similar when showing someone leaving or cleaning a room. For example, instead of having images of characters moving from one place to another, you could change from bird-eye to facial expressions etc. The same is true when all characters in a scene are stationary, for example when sitting at a table or having a conversation.

I think it's a good start overall and I'll keep an eye on this. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: alexander3rd

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
I enjoyed trying this out. Maybe it has been mentioned already but it's not necessary to display a new image for each or every second sentence of text. Changing images too often can make the novel a bit tiresome to read as the eyes constantly move from image to text. I eventually had to turn of transitions completely which helped somewhat but I still moved my eyes a lot. On a positive note, reducing the number of images may lessen your workload or make it easier to add more story each update.

Sometimes it's a good idea to change the camera angle completely when displaying a new image too, especially if the placement or movement of characters isn't required for the narrative. You did that a few times to good effect. But you could also do something similar when showing someone leaving or cleaning a room. For example, instead of having images of characters moving from one place to another, you could change from bird-eye to facial expressions etc. The same is true when all characters in a scene are stationary, for example when sitting at a table or having a conversation.

I think it's a good start overall and I'll keep an eye on this. Keep up the good work.
Good suggestions, thank you. For some reason, it became a bad habit very quickly to change / adjust the characters for every sentence. At first I thought this approach could be better than having an image every 5-10 sentences, but in reality, even I don't look at every single tiny change, when reading the story. Also, yes, it adds a ton to the workload. Anyway, I'm trying to balance this out and your suggestions will help (y)

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Luke and Lucy [Ep. 1 Full]
Release Date: 2019-03-15

DOWNLOAD:
PC:
- - -
Android: - - -

I do not have the changelog or Mac version. But from what I can see on Patreon, this update adds 375 images and 4 animations.
(There is a Episode 1 0.3 version for $5 Patreons with 419 images, 1 animation. Released 2019-03-20. This is not that version.)

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Good drop the authoritarian busybodies at patreon and make a subscribestar account.(y)
Can't be too careful these days, it's a backup. There are only 5-6 pages of adult creators on SS last I checked, but in case Patreon decides to genocide us NSFW folks - at least we have a backup platform to use. I post the same content on both and update both profiles equally.

magus448

May 22, 2018
Just a heads up for those playing the new update: old saves not working and may have to start over. The game is still just the first chapter so shouldn't be too bad.
Edit: Can still skip past already seen parts till Lucy starts cleaning.

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Just a heads up for those playing the new update: old saves not working and may have to start over. The game is still just the first chapter so shouldn't be too bad.
Could you post a screenshot of the error message renpy puts out on our Discord server? I'll check it out.

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Interesting beginning, the animations for every choice made from the Emplore are very well done, Congratulations Dev. I want to see what comes next.

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Interesting beginning, the animations for every choice made from the Emplore are very well done, Congratulations Dev. I want to see what comes next.
Thank you!
Next comes ep. 2, which is much more focused on the story - amount of events, and animations.
1553651215427.png

Reactions: Ruodger

Tom10

May 25, 2017
Nice game ! Not that many sex scenes at the moment, but from the start you could tell this is more of a story-based game

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
@Bar Man , @Kasey
I had no idea it'll cause such an emotional reaction, actually good to hear. I wrote the episode with character development in mind, so every emotional event in ep. 1 should change the characters one way or another later on. It's quite a lot to handle for a first time project, so thank you very much for the positive reviews!

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes