Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Che has 3 freaking patrons, you cannot blame the guy for not keeping up with the monthly releases. It's a shame, the story had a lot of potential

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Yo is this project still live? Enjoyed the story so far.
I think so, there was a Patreon update last week, I don't know what it says though :unsure:
Yup still alive it seems version 2.4 for patreon members is up just have to wait for public release (y) :love: :)
Che has 3 freaking patrons, you cannot blame the guy for not keeping up with the monthly releases. It's a shame, the story had a lot of potential
Thank you everyone for the interest, I'm very happy you like the story.
There's no easy way to say this, so here's the bad news - in all likelyhood, this game won't be developed further. It was started before 2019 and now more than half a year later it's clear that it won't grow much further. I can just guess the reasons for that, but infrequent updates and Honey Select graphics could be the deal breaker here. Maybe also NTR, but not so sure about that. Anyway, bad news is that this project is dead.

But the good news is that I'm going much further into 3D modeling and animation, currently learning Blender. Seeing that many people love original, yet simple artworks here, maybe the next project I'll start will be something completely original and unique, visually at least. All depends on my learning ability and how much time it'll take to model, pose and animate assets and characters for a VN game.

As for Luke&Lucy, the last update will be published here in the upcoming days including a small NTR 'dlc'.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I just don't think that working with HS studio is worth the time, considering that there's no room to grow and no useful skills to master at all. The story can be transferred over to a new project, but it will be completely different visually.
I'm fine with that! It is the story that matters, with different artwork it's still the same story :)

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
unfortunately its like that, nowadays with so many devs its not easy to get support.
to grow u need something really good that catch the eyes. if you started 3 years ago you would get a lot more support,so its not about that you are doing wrong or that your game sucks.

good luck with blender and the future, hopefully with improved visual you attract more people.

Reactions: alexander3rd

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
unfortunately its like that, nowadays with so many devs its not easy to get support.
to grow u need something really good that catch the eyes. if you started 3 years ago you would get a lot more support,so its not about that you are doing wrong or that your game sucks.

good luck with blender and the future, hopefully with improved visual you attract more people.
Yeah, starting something unknown early that later grows big really puts you ahead in the future. Some older devs here haven't changed their old quality standards at all and still have a huge following, I'm guessing mostly thanks to the already built up fanbase over the years.
But today, there's still no need to create the game of the year to get some support, it isn't that saturated. Though, 'just another mediocrity' won't do anymore. Those who're using Daz for their renders, get away with repetitive visuals because of the quality Daz models offer. The ones using HS must really stand out in other ways, because visually the game won't be anything special, nor original. But, the ones who are creating original artwork, aren't doing bad at all as far as I've noticed.
Anyway I could be wrong about many things here, since I didn't even know about this place 2 years ago. Just some opinions.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, starting something unknown early that later grows big really puts you ahead in the future. Some older devs here haven't changed their old quality standards at all and still have a huge following, I'm guessing mostly thanks to the already built up fanbase over the years.
But today, there's still no need to create the game of the year to get some support, it isn't that saturated. Though, 'just another mediocrity' won't do anymore. Those who're using Daz for their renders, get away with repetitive visuals because of the quality Daz models offer. The ones using HS must really stand out in other ways, because visually the game won't be anything special, nor original. But, the ones who are creating original artwork, aren't doing bad at all as far as I've noticed.
Anyway I could be wrong about many things here, since I didn't even know about this place 2 years ago. Just some opinions.
i wasnt playing this game for the visuals i was playing for the story. i think it was going good and you could keep using HS models and move forward. i would support you but i am short on the money side of things since i get a fixed income each month and only a small portion of that goes towards my entertainment. it sucks that you wasnt able to get the support you deserved for this fantastic game. so i would absolutly look forward to you continuing this game in Daz if that is what you plan on doing. cause like i said i didnt play or look forward to each release because of the visuals. but the story.

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
i wasnt playing this game for the visuals i was playing for the story. i think it was going good and you could keep using HS models and move forward. i would support you but i am short on the money side of things since i get a fixed income each month and only a small portion of that goes towards my entertainment. it sucks that you wasnt able to get the support you deserved for this fantastic game. so i would absolutly look forward to you continuing this game in Daz if that is what you plan on doing. cause like i said i didnt play or look forward to each release because of the visuals. but the story.
Thank you for the kind words :) I'm not a fan of Daz at all actually, the lack of creative freedom and control of the outcome is unbearable for me. Once I started playing around with proper 3D software, anything 'less' just isn't interesting anymore. It's a ton more work modeling everything from scratch, but will see. If people will be willing to wait a bit longer in-between updates, maybe this story will work out with artwork I have in mind.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
I just don't think that working with HS studio is worth the time, considering that there's no room to grow and no useful skills to master at all. The story can be transferred over to a new project, but it will be completely different visually.
Heya, if you're interested in making something new without the unnecessary baggage I think you were on to something here. Sisters find out about their long lost brother and attempt to make contact. Then meet without knowing he's the one she's been looking for and growing close to that person because they've got so much in common, humor, sexual interests etc. Classic case of genetic sexual attraction. Only later finding out that he is the brother she's been looking for, then the drama happens. But they find out that they still can't keep their eyes of each other.

Having a case of sister twins is great too, especially when they differ in personality. One is very sexually open with little to no shame at all maybe experienced/non-virgin, the other shy about sex, but emotionally strong enough so that it makes sense for her to find her lost brother. I think you captured that part well with Lucy ;) Games like those satisfy the reader best when there are multiple paths with branching storyline (lot more work but may ultimately be worth it). In my experience it's best to write the whole main story beforehand and fan service stories on the side to be added in a way that it fits with the main story.

Couple of things to consider:
- Mom Route
- One Sister Route
- Twin Route
- Girlfriend Route
- Harem Route

Perfecting the writing can take a long time, but from what I've seen I'm confident that you can do it. I hope you will consider it! :D I don't mind NTR but from what I've seen most people don't like it, so it's always best to keep that optional. I'm sure you're aware of Patreon's policies about incest games, I sometimes see games allowing the player to decide what relationship the player character has with certain main characters. Roommate/Sister - Landlady/Mom - Childhood Friend/Cousin etc.

Last edited:

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Did you play the whole story till last update? If not, that's a very accurate prediction if it :LOL: There's more to it than just the family characters, the whole thing takes place in 2 different countries and parts are scattered over different time frames, with many coincidental character and event connections.
You're spot on about writing everything first, because if there's not just visual renders but also writing necessary for the next update, that leads to rushing and sloppiness. Actually a better strategy would be to complete the whole game, but for many devs that would take a very long time before a release.
About L&L story, as said, most likely I'll use it for the 'next' project. Makes more sense to use what's already established and liked by a few people, than writing something new from 0. After concluding this story, then new ideas will come in.

Mar 4, 2019
Having just played Ep 2 v0.4 where the Game seemed to turn into Lucy, Mei & Hiro it kind of shocks me that at any time you could have reunited Luke & Lucy, send them home and wrap up the game instead choosing to meander off into the cornfield...

I really enjoyed this game and had hoped to play Luke as he "got to know his family better" back home, but I guess this was not the focus of the game, given what I just played. I found myself skipping forward past Mei's lines cause they really seemed irrelevant and I kept hoping Luke would pop up somewhere but it seems that in the 2 years that have passed he is lost forever...

Wolf310

Sep 18, 2018
I just don't think that working with HS studio is worth the time,
So will future player think too about your next project.
What if you become bored with Blender? Will you drop your next project too?

Ep1 was a very good start and i like it very much, but now it was just waste of time and space on the harddrive

Garatempus2

Aug 18, 2018
I genuinly love this game its a real shame that you incomewise hangs above a death pit. I think the problem is that the game isn't interesting enough from the outside perspective, I stumbled on it by sheer coincidence and download it only bcs I had nothing else to play at the moment. Honeyselect could be part of it, but in a same its a shame to scrap it as it gives the game its visual uniqueness.
You can see that everyone who comments here likes the game, so the game itself isnt a problem its that not enough people are willing to come here and try it. At least thats how I see it.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I'm sad that this is ending sooner. The story was getting good and it was somewhat original( I've read a lot of similar stories but never seen it in a game like this) from the usually HS games on here. :cry:

Mtgwo

Aug 28, 2017
That's sad, i really do like HS models and the game itself.
To be honest i think they are probably more original them most of the female models we have around here, most of them are copies.

Last edited:
Reactions: blastwave2k
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes