Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
i really liked this game and the way it was heading so its a shame to see the dev give up on it...
as lot of people above me said it has a lot of original content and models despite being honey select models and personally I would like to see it keep growing..
if the dev really doesn't like the graphics that much then he can keep working on the new models along side the current version and then test launch a remastered versioned with the new graphics and see how people respond.. either people will prefer the original which is still ongoing and might get some new supporters, or people will really like the new version in which case there will already be enough content from the original version that just needs remastering.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Did you play the whole story till last update? If not, that's a very accurate prediction if it :LOL: There's more to it than just the family characters, the whole thing takes place in 2 different countries and parts are scattered over different time frames, with many coincidental character and event connections.
You're spot on about writing everything first, because if there's not just visual renders but also writing necessary for the next update, that leads to rushing and sloppiness. Actually a better strategy would be to complete the whole game, but for many devs that would take a very long time before a release.
About L&L story, as said, most likely I'll use it for the 'next' project. Makes more sense to use what's already established and liked by a few people, than writing something new from 0. After concluding this story, then new ideas will come in.
I played it, what I said in the first part was a recap until the genetic sexual attraction part. Hope to see something new coming from this :D

Reactions: alexander3rd

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
Thank you everyone for the interest, I'm very happy you like the story.
There's no easy way to say this, so here's the bad news - in all likelyhood, this game won't be developed further. It was started before 2019 and now more than half a year later it's clear that it won't grow much further. I can just guess the reasons for that, but infrequent updates and Honey Select graphics could be the deal breaker here. Maybe also NTR, but not so sure about that. Anyway, bad news is that this project is dead.

But the good news is that I'm going much further into 3D modeling and animation, currently learning Blender. Seeing that many people love original, yet simple artworks here, maybe the next project I'll start will be something completely original and unique, visually at least. All depends on my learning ability and how much time it'll take to model, pose and animate assets and characters for a VN game.

As for Luke&Lucy, the last update will be published here in the upcoming days including a small NTR 'dlc'.
Don't think it's the NTR, depends on what kind of NTR, there are also many people out there who loves NTR just like non-ntr, but here's the thing that you should remember, you can't please everyone

Reactions: Kame-Sennin
Mar 27, 2019
I really liked the story, and it's a shame that it'll be dropped. However, if you do decide to port the story to a new game, here's a GIANT hole in the plot (not that I know if it was going to affect the story)...ok, so the phone was stolen...that sucks but meh. She didn't contact her family for TWO YEARS????? Ok I get it...she didn't have any of the numbers memorized, but so what...she doesn't know her sister's email? or her mother's? I'm sure they have one. And if not...she doesn't know HER FREAKING ADDRESS...kids these days...can't bother to put pen to paper anymore? If I was her mother, as soon as I found out she was ok, I'd kill her (literally). Other than that, like I said, I really did enjoy it. I look forward to see any new projects you might put forth.

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
I really liked the story, and it's a shame that it'll be dropped. However, if you do decide to port the story to a new game, here's a GIANT hole in the plot (not that I know if it was going to affect the story)...ok, so the phone was stolen...that sucks but meh. She didn't contact her family for TWO YEARS????? Ok I get it...she didn't have any of the numbers memorized, but so what...she doesn't know her sister's email? or her mother's? I'm sure they have one. And if not...she doesn't know HER FREAKING ADDRESS...kids these days...can't bother to put pen to paper anymore? If I was her mother, as soon as I found out she was ok, I'd kill her (literally). Other than that, like I said, I really did enjoy it. I look forward to see any new projects you might put forth.
Those 2 years are a bit too long, agreed. But the whole lack of reaching out was a conscious choice, that was planned for a later reveal why she didn't contact her family. Otherwise there's no logic, because even if she couldn't reach out there's jut no way that her family wouldn't reach out to her.

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
To clarify a few things mentioned here - the story won't be scrapped, it could be used further. As for the NTR thing, pleasing people or getting tired of specific software/work - the reason for dropping this exact project has nothing to do about any of that. Many might have noticed, that the game went from getting an update every 2 weeks to getting an update every month or longer, sometimes those updates were so short that they were released just for the sake of releasing 'something', since people have waited a long time already. That happened because for awhile I was able to work almost fulltime on the game and later that wasn't possible anymore.
Since I cannot just throw half a day every day at projects like this, Honeyselect became a problem. It's by no means a bad tool for VN artwork, it's fast and very simple to work with. But the problem is that there's no growth with it, no transferable or marketable skills even after it's mastered. So investing time in something like that - if the current project flops, there's nothing left to do than to start another HS project. Daz is much more useful, but I have no idea how useful it is in the 3D industry. I've seen it being used commercially here and there, but that's about it.
So about the time investment - since this 'hobby' is very time consuming, it shouldn't be limited to just the current project and its returns. For an example, even making all the artwork in proper 3D software - modeling, sculpting, that's a very good return from it no matter the project and whether it works out or not.
Hope this clarifies things.

Wolf310

Sep 18, 2018
Since I cannot just throw half a day every day at projects like this, Honeyselect became a problem. It's by no means a bad tool for VN artwork, it's fast and very simple to work with. But the problem is that there's no growth with it, no transferable or marketable skills even after it's mastered. So investing time in something like that - if the current project flops, there's nothing left to do than to start another HS project.
You could still switch to Daz or Blender after you finish this project.
Or at least, finish Ep2 in HS and switch for Ep3 to Daz or Blender, that would be much better for your reputation as a game creator.

The creator of Devins Life switched from RPG maker to Renpy, without dropping the project

Reactions: Randeep44

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Since I cannot just throw half a day every day at projects like this, Honeyselect became a problem. It's by no means a bad tool for VN artwork, it's fast and very simple to work with. But the problem is that there's no growth with it, no transferable or marketable skills even after it's mastered. So investing time in something like that - if the current project flops, there's nothing left to do than to start another HS project. Daz is much more useful, but I have no idea how useful it is in the 3D industry. I've seen it being used commercially here and there, but that's about it.
So about the time investment - since this 'hobby' is very time consuming, it shouldn't be limited to just the current project and its returns. For an example, even making all the artwork in proper 3D software - modeling, sculpting, that's a very good return from it no matter the project and whether it works out or not.
Hope this clarifies things.
You could use Daz and Blender, the skills you learn in these could be transferred to Maya which is used extensively in business.

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
You could still switch to Daz or Blender after you finish this project.
Or at least, finish Ep2 in HS and switch for Ep3 to Daz or Blender, that would be much better for your reputation as a game creator.

The creator of Devins Life switched from RPG maker to Renpy, without dropping the project
You could use Daz and Blender, the skills you learn in these could be transferred to Maya which is used extensively in business.
I would if I had the skills already. Currently, it's either learning 3D (Blender) or working on a game project in HS. If both, then both would suffer as both require huge amounts of time. The story of Lule&Lucy is quite long too, only option to 'finish' it sooner would be to cut huge parts out of it which I don't really want to do. Right now what decides the continuation of this story, is the time it'll take to remaster it in blender - after gaining enough skills to even do that.

Wolf310

Sep 18, 2018
You could maybe playing around with Blender for a week to learn the "basics", then work for a few days a week on Ep2 in HS and a few days with blender on a short project (maybe a L&L spinoff) to get the skills and then go on with Ep3 in Blender

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
I dont get the NTR thing? it isnt any in the game to my knowledge and pleasing people by having NTR in it?
haha, its a niche, if you as a devloper dont like it dont put it in from the beginning. We that like it are in a minority, you would probably be much better of with Harem and Incest, so why you just didnt go fot that from the get go if NTR isnt your thing is bewildering.

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Meh... They're just the same. But most, if not all, devs here prefer daz bcus of genesis 8 (or others) which has a library of models and assets ready for them to edit for a price.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes