Unreal Engine Lula's Saga The Holestic Adventures [2023-04-05 Demo] [LulaSmut]

2.80 star(s) 9 Votes

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
Isn't it my dear mythomaniac? The guy who is nor artist or coder but who sell his car at 15yo to create a game...
I've had a 1979 VW Beetle since I was 14, actually. My father gave it to me before he died.

I'm sure it's not too familiar to some of you people on first world countries, but it's not uncommon for people in third world countries to drive (illegally) before we are adults, specially out in the country.

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
wow you have a list of the controls OUTSIDE of the game, on a DIFFERENT site. your such a good game dev.
To be fair, it is not uncommon to see games (specially alpha and beta versions) not to have an in-game tutorial. Hell, you can find games on STEAM that doesn't have a tutorial and lists the controls on the store page or something!

And the fact that the controls are not listed on the main page here is probably because this wasn't uploaded by the author. if you wanna complain about this, complain with the lazy bum who uploaded the game and failed to list the controls in the first topic.

jbchill

Jan 5, 2019
There are some people who have been supporting me for a long time who are in this place, but I have never seen them being active here.
What caught my attention was seeing you directly talk about uploading the release on torrent, and it made me react strongly.

I posted this on itchio as well to get an idea of the stats and maybe to find more trustworthy people.
I tried contacting you first to clarify some points, but as I did not receive a response, I looked at your profile to try to understand who you are.

Unfortunately, it's hard to trust people on the internet, even those who appear friendly, as they can also betray you.
Thus, I would much rather see people help me or try to help me elsewhere than here.
Providing updates about my work here can only cause me more worries than anything else.

I've had a very bad experience here in the past, and since then, I've become much more cautious.
I'm not a noob in 3D and animation. I have done this before Lula, but some people here have ruined my work when they didn't like something we did. Some around here can do anything to destroy you.

I turned the page and started making a game, but I've tried my best to stay away because of my previous experiences.
I know also others who have moved away from here and remain in close community too.

Someone told me that I cry because I don't get enough money.
Well, do you know many people who would work full time for less than $400 a month gross?
And have 'customers' who expect you to work as five people? Unfortunately, there are many 'customers' like that.

But do you know many people in need of money who would decline simply because they don't prefer to be close to some community? As a result of my past experiences, I have always stayed away from here, and even ready to decline what can potentially cause me more trouble..

However, I have to re-evaluate my work and consider if it can continue like this. Making an announcement that things are getting worse could lead to the end of my work. This is a logical part of any business, and it's the right thing to do for someone who has their mental sanity intact.
And having to refund you for a whole year like this, believe me, in my situation it doesn't make me happy or help me in any way.

Despite that, I refunded you because I have principles, and I'm not an asshole. Now I can accept to unlock your account, but maybe prefer to not sub a year. As I said, I find it harder and harder to trust people on the internet.
I know that there are still good people around the world, and I don't want to put everyone in the same bag. But it's becoming increasingly rare in our time.

But be aware that I can't make monthly update neither, I can show work every month, but not release.
Make small updates every month, for some bugfix, small changes and few additional, to each time download 20gb or maybe even more.. The interest is more limited.. Overall I prefer have more large update.

There are two possibilities: either you have very small monthly updates and you will still have people who are not satisfied that it's not enough and too big to download, or you have less frequent updates that are more substantial. You will show everything you are doing, but there will always be people who complain and say that you are milking them. In either case, there will always be people who will rage.
Thanks for the response, I understand your points. I'm just trying to help people out on here where I can in order to promote a better experience within this cancerous site.

I'll leave the un-banning to you; you do what you prefer. Honestly I just went with the year subscription because of the ~$20 saving. I was only under the financial mind-set.

Either way, at this moment I have enough to support you. But, that is TBD when it is time to renew and depends on how the progress of Lula is going.

This site is full of Basement Troll Wankers looking for immediate updates without having to put any work in or having to pay. I get that these trolls are your audience and it seems like you have your head in the right place (being business oriented, striving for success of a unique product). Keep going with your current update schedule; it's nice to receive progress update in the interim of game releases.

BTW, this world is run by the internet. It's time for people to upgrade their internet service when possible in order to make the game size easier to swallow. We download everyday, for those it can be fast or it can be slow. In the end, that isn't your problem so don't worry about it. Optimization; however, is your problem to bear. Not telling you what to do, just thought I would mention it.

Not a Dev, so I know bupkis about that shit. I just know how to play video games.

GLHF

Apr 5, 2023
Thanks for the response, I understand your points. I'm just trying to help people out on here where I can in order to promote a better experience within this cancerous site.

I'll leave the un-banning to you; you do what you prefer. Honestly I just went with the year subscription because of the ~$20 saving. I was only under the financial mind-set.

Either way, at this moment I have enough to support you. But, that is TBD when it is time to renew and depends on how the progress of Lula is going.

This site is full of Basement Troll Wankers looking for immediate updates without having to put any work in or having to pay. I get that these trolls are your audience and it seems like you have your head in the right place (being business oriented, striving for success of a unique product). Keep going with your current update schedule; it's nice to receive progress update in the interim of game releases.

BTW, this world is run by the internet. It's time for people to upgrade their internet service when possible in order to make the game size easier to swallow. We download everyday, for those it can be fast or it can be slow. In the end, that isn't your problem so don't worry about it. Optimization; however, is your problem to bear. Not telling you what to do, just thought I would mention it.

Not a Dev, so I know bupkis about that shit. I just know how to play video games.

GLHF
To my knowledge, there is no way to promote a better experience here. It's the business model of this site.

There are some exceptions, but generally speaking, the audience for developers is not really here.
That's what the trolls here want you to believe, but in reality, it's quite different.
The audience you're talking about is the audience of this site, and it doesn't go much further.

If the trolls here were my audience, they would have gone to itch.io or my website or even twitter and found more information instead of speculating, spewing venom, and engaging in shitposting.
So no, this is not my audience. In fact, they also attack many other developers and encourage others here to stop supporting some of them, but in the end, it doesn't change anything for those developers because their real audience is not here.
This site's business model is to attract as many trolls as possible by exploiting the work of others, nothing more, nothing less. More visits, more cash...
And they didn't set up their business in the Seychelles for nothing.
So once again, I don't support this site in any way, which is no better than a mafia.

In any case, it takes the size that it has to take...
As I said before, the size also depends on the quality and quantity of many assets.
But for some trolls here, it would be necessary to be able to put 10GB of assets already compressed into 1 or 2GB.
The day one of them invents such a compression system, they will surely have a lot of success and could even become rich.

For optimizations, I manage that and do my best, but I do not have plenty of various hardware.
I set a target hardware as gtx1060 6gb or equivalent as minimum recommended, and do my best as to run in good condition on that.
It could still run correctly with lower details and resolution on lower hardware, but I never get any feedback with less than a gtx1060.
But as feedback, I often ask to my supporters if it run in good conditions and what they have as cpu/gpu.
Especially than in other maps I use very complex lighting and that there is lot of physx, so I always do the best to optimize it to get a good balance between quality and performances..
Even if I can already consider around 45fps for such project with all maxed is not something bad.

For the other subject, I removed the ban on discord, so you will have to rejoin it, use the site for that.
We will talk in private just a little bit to be sure about few points and then I could unlock on patreon.

Reactions: jbchill

jbchill

Jan 5, 2019
To my knowledge, there is no way to promote a better experience here. It's the business model of this site.

There are some exceptions, but generally speaking, the audience for developers is not really here.
That's what the trolls here want you to believe, but in reality, it's quite different.
The audience you're talking about is the audience of this site, and it doesn't go much further.

If the trolls here were my audience, they would have gone to itch.io or my website or even twitter and found more information instead of speculating, spewing venom, and engaging in shitposting.
So no, this is not my audience. In fact, they also attack many other developers and encourage others here to stop supporting some of them, but in the end, it doesn't change anything for those developers because their real audience is not here.
This site's business model is to attract as many trolls as possible by exploiting the work of others, nothing more, nothing less. More visits, more cash...
And they didn't set up their business in the Seychelles for nothing.
So once again, I don't support this site in any way, which is no better than a mafia.

In any case, it takes the size that it has to take...
As I said before, the size also depends on the quality and quantity of many assets.
But for some trolls here, it would be necessary to be able to put 10GB of assets already compressed into 1 or 2GB.
The day one of them invents such a compression system, they will surely have a lot of success and could even become rich.

For optimizations, I manage that and do my best, but I do not have plenty of various hardware.
I set a target hardware as gtx1060 6gb or equivalent as minimum recommended, and do my best as to run in good condition on that.
It could still run correctly with lower details and resolution on lower hardware, but I never get any feedback with less than a gtx1060.
But as feedback, I often ask to my supporters if it run in good conditions and what they have as cpu/gpu.
Especially than in other maps I use very complex lighting and that there is lot of physx, so I always do the best to optimize it to get a good balance between quality and performances..
Even if I can already consider around 45fps for such project with all maxed is not something bad.

For the other subject, I removed the ban on discord, so you will have to rejoin it, use the site for that.
We will talk in private just a little bit to be sure about few points and then I could unlock on patreon.
Sounds good. You're the dev, you know your audience and what all needs to be done for your content. I won't get in your way or bother you about any of that. Happy to DM, may not have time to jump on Discord until next week. We'll see. TTYL

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
okay I'm new here on this thread so I have no clue what's up...
people are saying this is a shitty 15GB demo full of "nothing"

anyone wanna give me the summary?

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
okay I'm new here on this thread so I have no clue what's up...
people are saying this is a shitty 15GB demo full of "nothing"

anyone wanna give me the summary?
At the moment, this game only have one short playable section in a jungle like area. You won't play it for more than 10 minutes. There's only one sex cutscene and it's a fetish that not everyone likes (look at the second screenshot).

That futuristic looking area with the big ass girls isn't on this demo, BTW.

And yes, it's 15 GB for 10- minutes of gameplay.

Reactions: fzdc

phenixxx

Oct 17, 2018
Well honestly, this game is horrible, the interface is non-existent, we find ourselves having to play a woman who is the paroxism of ugliness, we don't even understand why we go from an intro to a futuristic world with two women rather not bad for this monstrosity, with disgusting cutscenes that you can't skip... I would have liked to see a little further, but there's really nothing right there.

Apr 5, 2023
If you are already disgusted by the first scenes. Tell yourself that it's extremely soft compared to the rest.
You'd better forget and ignore this project and look elsewhere, as I specified before there are plenty of others that will suit you..

And to everyone, don't forget to review bomb this project again, please, it would do me a huge favor!

Reactions: Iluha

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
At the moment, this game only have one short playable section in a jungle like area. You won't play it for more than 10 minutes. There's only one sex cutscene and it's a fetish that not everyone likes (look at the second screenshot).

That futuristic looking area with the big ass girls isn't on this demo, BTW.

And yes, it's 15 GB for 10- minutes of gameplay.
thanks for the summary. I can see why people are pissed lol

sflord

Oct 31, 2021
I dont know what this is, but in a older version you could at least play as lulu, with janky controls.
(see 2nd page for some screenshot from somebody)

This, is completely different, and not for the better.
I would almost go as far as saying this is some terrible random game uploaded under the wrong title.

At least the "old one" was worth a download to check it out...this isnt.

Reactions: sky0dragon

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
I dont know what this is, but in a older version you could at least play as lulu, with janky controls.
(see 2nd page for some screenshot from somebody)

This, is completely different, and not for the better.
I would almost go as far as saying this is some terrible random game uploaded under the wrong title.

At least the "old one" was worth a download to check it out...this isnt.
His site shows a lot of progress on the Lula's side of the adventure. And it looks great.

But most of what is shown there isn't playable yet. I don't know why this newer demo focused on the jungle setting while "removing" the futuristic stuff, to me it was a horrible decision. I think the futuristic stuff should still be playable (since they are still on the game's files).

It seems Lulasmut has a lot of plans for the jungle setting, I've seen some shots of a RPG battle system or something on his Discord.

The futuristic stuff is gonna be very weird too. ;)
1681148895603.png

I hope that the next demo DO get released eventually. But considering the scope of the project and the lack social skills of the dev, it's a bit hard to be optimistic about this project, sadly.

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 9 Votes