Unreal Engine Lula's Saga The Holestic Adventures [2023-04-05 Demo] [LulaSmut]

2.70 star(s) 10 Votes
Jul 10, 2017
As a Patreon subscriber I understand where people are coming from when seeing the file name "LulaOctober2022.7z" even though F95 says it was updated as of 2023-04-05. I'm in the process of downloading the latest build and that is what it is "LulaOctober2022.7z". Not really sure what the thought process was by Lula, may have just forgotten to change the filename or didn't want to bother with it... I'll continue to monitor the releases for a time and mention any updates I see. As of right now, the Thread is up-to-date as far as I can tell.
As you being a subscriber, I'm just curious is there any new build aside from October2022? The contains October2022 build and it is a public release build already.

Last edited:

jbchill

Jan 5, 2019
All I did was ask Lula why the latest release has the same filename as the previous release on Discord...
Nice enough to refund me though.

1. LulaToday at 10:43 AM
    hi what's your intention, give all what I do in a fucking shitty place?

2. LulaToday at 11:39 AM
    Well nope, dig a bit more, and you're not at all someone to whom we could give a tiny little trust.. BAN! And again it's because I'm someone of principle that I make a refund otherwise I could have keep your fucking money and only ban you on discord..

3. [11:40 AM]

4. [11:41 AM]

5. [11:41 AM]
    that's it....

Jul 10, 2017
All I did was ask Lula why the latest release has the same filename as the previous release on Discord...
Nice enough to refund me though.

1. LulaToday at 10:43 AM
    hi what's your intention, give all what I do in a fucking shitty place?

2. LulaToday at 11:39 AM
    Well nope, dig a bit more, and you're not at all someone to whom we could give a tiny little trust.. BAN! And again it's because I'm someone of principle that I make a refund otherwise I could have keep your fucking money and only ban you on discord..

3. [11:40 AM]

4. [11:41 AM]

5. [11:41 AM]
    that's it....
Well that escalated quickly.

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
A little question : did you had the author permission to upload the demo here ?
(and yes, i know him, and as I knew, he's not very found of letting his work everywhere).
He DESPISES F95zone. Hell, F95zone is a banned word in his Discord. So no, he never gave anyone permission.

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
this looks really good , hoping to see it completed oneday
I doubt it.

This is being made since 2019 and very little progress was made. The most current demo is the one that was uploaded here and... well, it sucks.

On his Discord, Lula is now crying that he has no money, that people don't support him (even though he offered us almost nothing in all those years) and is rude to anyone who criticizes his work.

His project had some amazing ideas, specially with the Cyberpunk stuff. But he is trying to do TOO MUCH with this game. So much, in fact, that he doesn't even know how to continue without money. He bit WAY more than he can chew. To make things worse, he hates F95zone and many other similar sites. He knows he needs to make his game more popular, but doesn't wanna do anything about it. In other words, all he wants is that we throw money at him without geting anything worthwhile in return.

Reactions: sky0dragon

jbchill

Jan 5, 2019
I doubt it.

This is being made since 2019 and very little progress was made. The most current demo is the one that was uploaded here and... well, it sucks.

On his Discord, Lula is now crying that he has no money, that people don't support him (even though he offered us almost nothing in all those years) and is rude to anyone who criticizes his work.

His project had some amazing ideas, specially with the Cyberpunk stuff. But he is trying to do TOO MUCH with this game. So much, in fact, that he doesn't even know how to continue without money. He bit WAY more than he can chew. To make things worse, he hates F95zone and many other similar sites. He knows he needs to make his game more popular, but doesn't wanna do anything about it. In other words, all he wants is that we throw money at him without geting anything worthwhile in return.
With that description alone, I'd say the game is done for. He definitely has mad talent though.

romotajuelo

Feb 27, 2019
Well, can anyone tell me how to move? no keyboard, no remote console... so what? I donwload the 15gb archive, can anyone help me?

Apr 5, 2023
I'm the developer of Lula, I've always preferred to ignore this place.
But... I finally made an account because I think I can allow myself a right to reply.

To begin with, what you call a 'game', is not one yet...
I saw that there were 'reviews' during the very first version when it was just a draft.
Kinda ridiculous to review something that's only a draft, or stuff that's still in development and far from finished, but let's move on..

The first version was several small maps, some of which I had bought on the marketplace without much modification.
From my point of view, there is nothing that can still be considered 'a game'. (This is even specified on my pages and in the project description on the website.)

Since then, in terms of work, I have never stopped. Many things have evolved and will certainly still take different forms if I can still develop them... Which is not a given...

That being said, I have created a lot of things, just in terms of characters there is a lot of work, and they are not simple Daz ports, even if I used the model as a reference, there are so many modifications that there is nothing left that is compatible with Daz, the topology is different, the skeleton and skinning are radically different except for the UV which are still close to the original but still different.

The same goes for clothes and accessories, the vast majority are made by me, and those I bought have also been heavily modified and have little in common with the original sources.
Plenty of assets are made from scratch...

All the animations are also done by me, the idles, movements and sex, no system from the marketplace is used.
There are certainly better things with such plug-and-play systems with mocap too, but we see them in many games so I prefer to do it myself.

That being said, there is not much in common between the first draft version and the work done since then...
And the version you find here is a test version that I released on itch.io.
The main goal of this version is to estimate if the user's PC is capable of running it, because optimization for the rest and performance are similar.

So comments like, "it's too big" are maybe true for this demo, especially because the entire first Lula map is loaded at the beginning of the game, and I didn't specifically empty the map for this version.
However, the version with all the maps and all the developed content will be even bigger than this.
My characters are hipolys, and since they all have differences, it's not just one character on which morphs are applied, when a character, their hair, clothes, are compressed plus the generated LODs we quickly get to 500MB or even more for each one.
Since I have more than 20 unique characters (currently), we can already count nearly 10GB... Plus the rest of the assets, textures, sounds, etc etc...
However, it is 2023, and modern games now use tens and tens of gigabytes, there is nothing abnormal about it.

Also If some people don't like certain things I do, are disgusted by them or anything else..
Well, I think there are many other projects and games that will suit you.
I won't change my plans just because something doesn't suit you.

Other comments like that the 'game' has nothing to do with before...
Well, If you tested the first draft, there was already a view of the beginning of the Owawa map...
This was planned from the beginning. Most of the work I have done has revolved around the Lula part, because it is also the most complicated, but from the beginning, the two universes have been planned.
Hence the title Holestic Adventures, a parody of Holistic.
If you don't know this word, maybe do a little research on what it means, it will enlighten you on why there are these two worlds / universes.

I also have a website for those who want to know a little more or have questions, it might be wise to visit it to get a better idea, rather than speculate or wait for answers from people who don't seem to be aware of what is being achieved.
There is a description of the project and what is planned, devblog and links to the places where I post videos of some animations of the project.

Psicomaniaco

It is clearly defined that these are previews, so if I create all of this, it is ultimately to be in a release, otherwise what would be the point?

However, on the server, you arrived and immediately started complaining about this demo, which I also had released in anticipation of a new one for supporters... But you hadn't even read what I was doing, like the majority here, you don't try to understand anything. If I whine, I remember how you raged, I had to show you my posts with this content so that you could finally admit that it was correct on my networks... You was excited about what I was cooking but rage as kid because it was not directly in the gane as 'mister' want it usable directly.

So yes, you supported me two months, but after the tax charges earned me less than $15 over 2 months... It's going to pay for long hours of work for sure... Wonderful it changed the turn of this project and allowed me to hire 2 devs... pfff

The time I have already spent working on this has mostly been out of my own pocket, I sold absolutely everything I owned to be able to dedicate time, and despite everything, continue with just a few hundred dollars a month... Plus, you were always saying yes, I have to continue, etc.
You're just revealing your true face and your deceitfulness here... You're no better than the haters here, in fact, you're right where you belong... You even told me that you had been a dev in the past and since it was a failure, you never had the courage to continue, in my case, I always continued... You see the difference between someone like you, a coward, and someone who is breaking the head and taking all the risks to do something again...

What do you hope for? To have mountains of updates and everything done in record time? I am capable of doing the work of 10 people but not at the same time. And again, it is not and will not be thanks to someone like you that this project will be realized, just like the majority of people here...

So yes, I hate this site, I have had bad experiences in the past, there is no reason that could make me like it, not you or others like the one a little earlier who openly announces that he will cause me problems. And yes, if I had hundreds of supporters and plenty of funds, I probably wouldn't care if my stuff appeared here. But that's not the case, unlike you and others here, there are other people who have really helped to keep the project going...
Also have get many random people over time, and most of them was not even to support the game, but because they liked the videos I post elsewhere.. Ultimately I have see more random people to give something for my videos than people coming to help for the game...

But most people who support me since a while understand what I am doing, I post enough previews to show the work that I am doing... They know very well that it is with their help that I have been able to hold on for so long, and they will definitely have something, even if in the end it could be just a last memory... Some people deserve to receive this work, but certainly not here.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
FIFTEEN GIGABYTES? FOR A GAME WITH NO APPARENT SEXUAL CONTENT? WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING FUCK??!

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
You even told me that you had been a dev in the past and since it was a failure, you never had the courage to continue
My game DID have a commercial release though.

When I said that it failed, it was because it sold poorly, but I never gave up on it. The game was released and it even sold outside Brazil.

What made me stop developing games is simple: lack of money. Back then (25 years ago), funding a game was harder because we couldn't just use the Internet to show off our projects. Hell, in 1998 Youtube didn't exist. Twiitter didn't exist. The Internet was in a different place. So no, I'm not a coward. Back then I sold my car to finish my game. I didn't get money from people on the Internet and couldn't just use the Internet as a marketing tool like we can do today. And yet, my game was released, sold in a bunch of countries, even. It sucked, yes. But it WAS finished.

After that, I got married, my kids were born... I had to make a choice, and I chose to stop developing games. Simple as that.

Apr 5, 2023
My game DID have a commercial release though.

When I said that it failed, it was because it sold poorly, but I never gave up on it. The game was released and it even sold outside Brazil.

What made me stop developing games is simple: lack of money. Back then (25 years ago), funding a game was harder because we couldn't just use the Internet to show off our projects. Hell, in 1998 Youtube didn't exist. Twiitter didn't exist. The Internet was in a different place. So no, I'm not a coward. Back then I sold my car to finish my game. I didn't get money from people on the Internet and couldn't just use the Internet as a marketing tool like we can do today. And yet, my game was released, sold in a bunch of countries, even. It sucked, yes. But it WAS finished.

After that, I got married, my kids were born... I had to make a choice, and I chose to stop developing games. Simple as that.
Well you have released something who sucks, but also told me that you was not artist, so do nothing in mater of models and such...
I would like to see you only do the Owawa demo part, as I have do, and make it as it do not sucks...
Prove it to me.. Otherwise just shut the fuck up!
Also if you think that you can do better and finish something as Lula faster than me, and ALL the work I already show for it, ok prove it to me.. Prove it to me...

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
Prove what? I'm not a programmer, I'm not an artist. I can NOT make something even remotely similar to what you are making. As I said, I stopped being a game dev 25 years ago (I doubt you were even born back then). So no, I can't do what you are doing.

I don't think YOU suck, I just think (as I actually said before) you bit way more than you can chew. I love your animations, BTW. I also said this before.

But I don't believe you can finish this game. Because, again, this is too much for you and you clearly don't have the people skills to get the funds you need to finish it.

jbchill

Jan 5, 2019
I'm the developer of Lula, I've always preferred to ignore this place.
But... I finally made an account because I think I can allow myself a right to reply.

To begin with, what you call a 'game', is not one yet...
I saw that there were 'reviews' during the very first version when it was just a draft.
Kinda ridiculous to review something that's only a draft, or stuff that's still in development and far from finished, but let's move on..

The first version was several small maps, some of which I had bought on the marketplace without much modification.
From my point of view, there is nothing that can still be considered 'a game'. (This is even specified on my pages and in the project description on the website.)

Since then, in terms of work, I have never stopped. Many things have evolved and will certainly still take different forms if I can still develop them... Which is not a given...

That being said, I have created a lot of things, just in terms of characters there is a lot of work, and they are not simple Daz ports, even if I used the model as a reference, there are so many modifications that there is nothing left that is compatible with Daz, the topology is different, the skeleton and skinning are radically different except for the UV which are still close to the original but still different.

The same goes for clothes and accessories, the vast majority are made by me, and those I bought have also been heavily modified and have little in common with the original sources.
Plenty of assets are made from scratch...

All the animations are also done by me, the idles, movements and sex, no system from the marketplace is used.
There are certainly better things with such plug-and-play systems with mocap too, but we see them in many games so I prefer to do it myself.

That being said, there is not much in common between the first draft version and the work done since then...
And the version you find here is a test version that I released on itch.io.
The main goal of this version is to estimate if the user's PC is capable of running it, because optimization for the rest and performance are similar.

So comments like, "it's too big" are maybe true for this demo, especially because the entire first Lula map is loaded at the beginning of the game, and I didn't specifically empty the map for this version.
However, the version with all the maps and all the developed content will be even bigger than this.
My characters are hipolys, and since they all have differences, it's not just one character on which morphs are applied, when a character, their hair, clothes, are compressed plus the generated LODs we quickly get to 500MB or even more for each one.
Since I have more than 20 unique characters (currently), we can already count nearly 10GB... Plus the rest of the assets, textures, sounds, etc etc...
However, it is 2023, and modern games now use tens and tens of gigabytes, there is nothing abnormal about it.

Also If some people don't like certain things I do, are disgusted by them or anything else..
Well, I think there are many other projects and games that will suit you.
I won't change my plans just because something doesn't suit you.

Other comments like that the 'game' has nothing to do with before...
Well, If you tested the first draft, there was already a view of the beginning of the Owawa map...
This was planned from the beginning. Most of the work I have done has revolved around the Lula part, because it is also the most complicated, but from the beginning, the two universes have been planned.
Hence the title Holestic Adventures, a parody of Holistic.
If you don't know this word, maybe do a little research on what it means, it will enlighten you on why there are these two worlds / universes.

I also have a website for those who want to know a little more or have questions, it might be wise to visit it to get a better idea, rather than speculate or wait for answers from people who don't seem to be aware of what is being achieved.
There is a description of the project and what is planned, devblog and links to the places where I post videos of some animations of the project.

Psicomaniaco

It is clearly defined that these are previews, so if I create all of this, it is ultimately to be in a release, otherwise what would be the point?

However, on the server, you arrived and immediately started complaining about this demo, which I also had released in anticipation of a new one for supporters... But you hadn't even read what I was doing, like the majority here, you don't try to understand anything. If I whine, I remember how you raged, I had to show you my posts with this content so that you could finally admit that it was correct on my networks... You was excited about what I was cooking but rage as kid because it was not directly in the gane as 'mister' want it usable directly.

So yes, you supported me two months, but after the tax charges earned me less than $15 over 2 months... It's going to pay for long hours of work for sure... Wonderful it changed the turn of this project and allowed me to hire 2 devs... pfff

The time I have already spent working on this has mostly been out of my own pocket, I sold absolutely everything I owned to be able to dedicate time, and despite everything, continue with just a few hundred dollars a month... Plus, you were always saying yes, I have to continue, etc.
You're just revealing your true face and your deceitfulness here... You're no better than the haters here, in fact, you're right where you belong... You even told me that you had been a dev in the past and since it was a failure, you never had the courage to continue, in my case, I always continued... You see the difference between someone like you, a coward, and someone who is breaking the head and taking all the risks to do something again...

What do you hope for? To have mountains of updates and everything done in record time? I am capable of doing the work of 10 people but not at the same time. And again, it is not and will not be thanks to someone like you that this project will be realized, just like the majority of people here...

So yes, I hate this site, I have had bad experiences in the past, there is no reason that could make me like it, not you or others like the one a little earlier who openly announces that he will cause me problems. And yes, if I had hundreds of supporters and plenty of funds, I probably wouldn't care if my stuff appeared here. But that's not the case, unlike you and others here, there are other people who have really helped to keep the project going...
Also have get many random people over time, and most of them was not even to support the game, but because they liked the videos I post elsewhere.. Ultimately I have see more random people to give something for my videos than people coming to help for the game...

But most people who support me since a while understand what I am doing, I post enough previews to show the work that I am doing... They know very well that it is with their help that I have been able to hold on for so long, and they will definitely have something, even if in the end it could be just a last memory... Some people deserve to receive this work, but certainly not here.
Lula, I appreciate the time you took to overlook this sad place and create an account to speak with us.
Sorry if I offended you with the things I wrote above and not answering your inquiries in a timely manner before banning me.

I can see the reasoning behind the actions you took, but I really had no intentions of sharing any of your content on this site without your approval.
Check my history on this site, it'll back me up (granted there isn't much, because I do prefer lurking :LOL:).

Do you think I would pay over $100 to support a bunch of random people on the internet, so that a majority of them can have a nice wank (maybe enjoy some art as well)?

I did it because I enjoy your content. I'll comment on posts, share info on projects to help promote, and help others on the site; but in the end I'm not here to make friends with anyone (unless I know you IRL and actually enjoy you as a human being, then I don't give a shit about you).

That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.
Keep doing what you're doing, I wish you all the success and amazing work you do.
I'll continue to follow your work into the future. You're a true gentleman and scholar for refunding me and just banning me on Discord.

Gooday sir.

Last edited:

DoublePenis

Jan 24, 2018
So now you're not programmer, you're not artist but make a game.. You know need at least one of such skill to make something.
I'm older than you...
And over my life get used to see plenty of assholes, see plenty of people telling me that I was never going to be able to do something and prove them that they was wrong...
Again you put things at your level..
Maybe I will have to still have hard time, could have to drop Lula for sometime or maybe definitely, but it will be still to make things that you will not able to do...
You still will want things that other can do, but never do it..
And if someone make something that you want and that after two months you do not get it, you will say the same as here...
I have see enough people in my life to understand many mindset, and well know how you are...
Dude, to fix your 15GB demo problem you can easily do this:
1- Create an empty new project
2- Export the playable maps from your main project there (this will export only what's being used, I did it before on UE4)
3- Make a new build
4- Upload it here
kthxbye

Reactions: Aereon1104
Apr 5, 2023
Lula, I appreciate the time you took to overlook this sad place and create an account to speak with us. Sorry if I offended you with the things I wrote above and not answering your inquiries in a timely manner before banning me. I can see the reasoning behind the actions you took, but I really had no intentions of sharing any of your content on this site without your approval. Check my history on this site, it'll back me up. Do you think I would pay over $100 to support a bunch of random people on the internet, so that a majority of them can have a nice wank (maybe enjoy some art as well)? I did it because I enjoy your content. I'll comment on posts, share info on projects to help promote, and help others on the site; but in the end I'm not here to make friends with anyone (unless I know you IRL and actually enjoy you as a human being, then I don't give a shit about you). That's all I'm gonna say on the matter. Keep doing what you're doing, I wish you all the success and amazing work you do. I'll continue to follow your work into the future. You're a true gentleman/woman for refunding me and just banning me on Discord. Gooday sir.

There are some people who have been supporting me for a long time who are in this place, but I have never seen them being active here.
What caught my attention was seeing you directly talk about uploading the release on torrent, and it made me react strongly.

I posted this on itchio as well to get an idea of the stats and maybe to find more trustworthy people.
I tried contacting you first to clarify some points, but as I did not receive a response, I looked at your profile to try to understand who you are.

Unfortunately, it's hard to trust people on the internet, even those who appear friendly, as they can also betray you.
Thus, I would much rather see people help me or try to help me elsewhere than here.
Providing updates about my work here can only cause me more worries than anything else.

I've had a very bad experience here in the past, and since then, I've become much more cautious.
I'm not a noob in 3D and animation. I have done this before Lula, but some people here have ruined my work when they didn't like something we did. Some around here can do anything to destroy you.

I turned the page and started making a game, but I've tried my best to stay away because of my previous experiences.
I know also others who have moved away from here and remain in close community too.

Someone told me that I cry because I don't get enough money.
Well, do you know many people who would work full time for less than $400 a month gross?
And have 'customers' who expect you to work as five people? Unfortunately, there are many 'customers' like that.

But do you know many people in need of money who would decline simply because they don't prefer to be close to some community? As a result of my past experiences, I have always stayed away from here, and even ready to decline what can potentially cause me more trouble..

However, I have to re-evaluate my work and consider if it can continue like this. Making an announcement that things are getting worse could lead to the end of my work. This is a logical part of any business, and it's the right thing to do for someone who has their mental sanity intact.
And having to refund you for a whole year like this, believe me, in my situation it doesn't make me happy or help me in any way.

Despite that, I refunded you because I have principles, and I'm not an asshole. Now I can accept to unlock your account, but maybe prefer to not sub a year. As I said, I find it harder and harder to trust people on the internet.
I know that there are still good people around the world, and I don't want to put everyone in the same bag. But it's becoming increasingly rare in our time.

But be aware that I can't make monthly update neither, I can show work every month, but not release.
Make small updates every month, for some bugfix, small changes and few additional, to each time download 20gb or maybe even more.. The interest is more limited.. Overall I prefer have more large update.

There are two possibilities: either you have very small monthly updates and you will still have people who are not satisfied that it's not enough and too big to download, or you have less frequent updates that are more substantial. You will show everything you are doing, but there will always be people who complain and say that you are milking them. In either case, there will always be people who will rage.

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
I'm in the first area. I can't understand most of what she says. I've started a fire, she won't sit at the table until she's "excercised" and I have no idea what she says when approaching the mushroom thing. What am I missing?

Reactions: korabheem
2.70 star(s) 10 Votes