Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Anyone else find it very odd that 2 of the 4 people to give this game more than 2 stars both gave it 5 stars and used very similar review templates. One of them has only ever posted about this game and the other has made 10 posts 70% of which have been about this game...

I smell a couple of shills.

Yes I know 5 people actually gave this game 5* but one of them said they only gave it 5* to counteract the negative reviews. so i suspect that will be deleted by the mods :cautious:

*Edit - Odd there are now only 3, 5* reviews its almpst like people figured we were onto them and deleted them. I wonder if they blocked me and that stopped me seeing the reviews?
The 2 very suspicious ones are still there though.

Last edited:

spike0000

Jul 12, 2017
It is because of paywall.

There are scenes we can not access unless pay for it.

So far now, there is no crack.

And for a while ago, saving had been disabled.

That's why people got mad mainly.

I think save function is now working, but the impression of game got messed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: anime66

thmcjr

May 18, 2018
Just to make sure I understand, saving and loading, as well as skipping text, requires logging in to your patreon account. The game requires a constant internet connection. And there are scenes that aren't available to the public, even if the version is 2 versions older than the one currently available to patrons?

flamie

Game Developer
May 8, 2019
Just to make sure I understand, saving and loading, as well as skipping text, requires logging in to your patreon account. The game requires a constant internet connection. And there are scenes that aren't available to the public, even if the version is 2 versions older than the one currently available to patrons?
You can play offline
Save feature will work offline
Some scenes are in early access

laddiestlad

Nov 23, 2017
Anyone else find it very odd that 2 of the 4 people to give this game more than 2 stars both gave it 5 stars and used very similar review templates. One of them has only ever posted about this game and the other has made 10 posts 70% of which have been about this game...

Yes I know 5 people actually gave this game 5* but one of them said they only gave it 5* to counteract the negative reviews. so i suspect that will be deleted by the mods :cautious:

*Edit - Odd there are now only 3, 5* reviews its almpst like people figured we were onto them and deleted them. I wonder if they blocked me and that stopped me seeing the reviews?
f95 has several shills/totally-not-devs that defend shitty practices to the death

flamie

Game Developer
May 8, 2019
Anyone else finds it very odd that 2 of the 4 people to give this game more than 2 stars both gave it 5 stars and used very similar review templates. One of them has only ever posted about this game and the other has made 10 posts 70% of which have been about this game...

Yes I know 5 people actually gave this game 5* but one of them said they only gave it 5* to counteract the negative reviews. so I suspect that will be deleted by the mods :cautious:

*Edit - Odd there are now only 3, 5* reviews it's almost like people figured we were onto them and deleted them. I wonder if they blocked me and that stopped me seeing the reviews?
Don't be confused:

All 5-star reviews must be reported, it can't be the truth that someone like that game because that is the worst game ever, it has bad art, bad text, it's about Dota2, so there are no people who love Dota2 in the world.

All 1-star reviews are constructive, even if they lying about save features being paywalled. Short reviews are okay, but only if it contains hate or whining about paywalls, so there is no situation in which someone likes the art in that game and wants to support the creator.

Yeah, it's very fair, thank you F95 community :)

LEET

May 29, 2017
Don't be confused:

All 5-star reviews must be reported, it can't be the truth that someone like that game because that is the worst game ever, it has bad art, bad text, it's about Dota2, so there are no people who love Dota2 in the world.

All 1-star reviews are constructive, even if they lying about save features being paywalled. Short reviews are okay, but only if it contains hate or whining about paywalls, so there is no situation in which someone likes the art in that game and wants to support the creator.

forgot your /s at the end. Joking aside, a lot of games tend to get the usual 5* review which amounts to the same I like it, therefore, it deserves 5* which doesn't say much else. It isn't as bad as amazon where 5* are still saying the product is crap and they don't recommend buying.

EddyGordo

Oct 16, 2017
This is some weird marketing, I've come across this game a couple times now and never tried it even if the art looks good.
The dev is clearly being rewarded for what he is doing since he makes 3.5k a month from Patreon, but wouldn't he make more if his game was 100% free ?
If it were me, I'd create a good game, and get rewarded for making a good game, and if you wanna put a paywall it would have to be a small bonus for the support, not something that entirely changes the game.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Don't be confused:

I've not played the game I was just reading the reviews before trying.

If the review doesn't break any rules then reporting it won't do anything.

Review rules are here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/review-rating-rules-updated-2019-02-12.1753/

I stand by my assumption that 2 of those 5* reviews look very shill like; but they haven't broken any rules.

One of the rules is that a review shouldn't be based on pricing, You obviously like the game or are involved in it somehow, if you wanted you could go through and report any review that mentioned a paywall and see where that gets you.

I'm not sure if pricing and paywall are the same thing though. As a neutral I'd want to know that content is paywall locked before playing.

Public releases are free and the next will be in less than a week. It doesn't contain any paid scenes, so you can play it for free even offline.
Do you still stand by this? It appears a new version has come out and people are still complaining about content being behind a paywall.

RocketSurgery

Sep 15, 2017
Don't be confused:

A lot of the reviews were from when save & load was paywalled; the fact that it isn't now is positive progress but doesn't invalidate those reviews.

anonymous316

Oct 6, 2017
I have no problem pledging to a game I enjoy but having certain scenes locked behind a higher tier paywall is a huge turn off for me

boloyolo

Feb 22, 2018
One of the rules is that a review shouldn't be based on pricing, You obviously like the game or are involved in it somehow, if you wanted you could go through and report any review that mentioned a paywall and see where that gets you.
Flamie is listed as coder/programmer for the game. Talks of paywalls should be within reason because it's not a discussion on the price of a product, it's a discussion on features of a product that are locked away unless payment is made.

Do you still stand by this? It appears a new version has come out and people are still complaining about content being behind a paywall.
I think Flamie is mentioning content specifically tied to the update which is not paywalled, rather than the existing content in the game which is still paywalled. Personally I don't hate the idea of patron exclusive scenes, but to do that and a staggered early-access model is a bit greedy in my opinion.

As someone who rated the game 1/5 early on, I believed 1/5 was a valid score for the state of the game at the time. Were I to rate it now, it would more likely be 2/5: there is now a single free save slot (that requires you to be logged in to Patreon to access for why, exactly?) with multiple save slots locked behind paywall, text-skip for already read text (in a game that will require you to replay sections extensively because of single save slot) locked behind paywall, and no text back-log.

I don't know whether the game was designed with the crippled free experience in mind in order to sell the solution, or whether it was designed as a full product with features ripped out to punish the free players, but neither option is a good look. If they're going to make design choices that disrespect the majority of players (let's be honest, in this current economic climate you're lucky if 1/20 of your players are backers on Patreon), they really have no right to be surprised that the majority of players are going to be dissatisfied with those choices.

Reactions: drebin

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
everytime this game appears on the front page, the art makes me click it, but the crappy paywall makes me not download it.

vahe

Apr 10, 2018
So how much of this game is locked behind whats essentially always on DRM, because I've backed patreons before, but I'm not paying money for a subscription to an online early access. I want something on my computer if I'm paying money for it.

tiresias

Jun 20, 2017
The file "Luna_in_the_Tavern_v0.6-LINUX.zip" uploaded to all download sources is broken - the .zip is not fully extractable and fails CRC checks. I've tried with several archivers and downloaded from each service. Can this be re-upped please?

antonioramires

Jan 7, 2019
I took the time and unlocked the save and skip option. It's just like the offical offline version of the game, an Electron app, but with unlocked features and Offlaner patreon scences.

Could you tell us how you did it so we can unlock newer versions?

1.80 star(s) 82 Votes