Mar 7, 2020
I'd strongly suggest running this game only inside virtualized OS that has no essential information stored. No idea what data can be transferred when connection to developer servers is established. One thing I can tell for sure, is that game snoops into your users folder quite a bit.

TitDang

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2018
I'd strongly suggest running this game only inside virtualized OS that has no essential information stored. No idea what data can be transferred when connection to developer servers is established. One thing I can tell for sure, is that game snoops into your users folder quite a bit.

For some reason Luna-in-the-tavern.exe tries to read / modify C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file and also runs enumeration of files / folders in C:\Users and in current user folder. Can't help but suspect spyware.
This is a default electron build. As a literal browser, it checks your \hosts file and stores cache in C:\Users

Reactions: RocketSurgery

flamie

Game Developer
May 8, 2019
The file "Luna_in_the_Tavern_v0.6-LINUX.zip" uploaded to all download sources is broken - the .zip is not fully extractable and fails CRC checks. I've tried with several archivers and downloaded from each service. Can this be re-upped please?
I tried to fix it, so you can download it here: titdang.itch.io/luna

Reactions: tiresias

RocketSurgery

Sep 15, 2017
So how much of this game is locked behind whats essentially always on DRM, because I've backed patreons before, but I'm not paying money for a subscription to an online early access. I want something on my computer if I'm paying money for it.
Between early access, exclusive scenes, skip and extra save slots; Between 1/4 and 1/3 of the content is unavailable. There are downloadable versions, though they default to the free version if you have no internet.

flamie

Game Developer
May 8, 2019
Between early access, exclusive scenes, skip and extra save slots; Between 1/4 and 1/3 of the content is unavailable. There are downloadable versions, though they default to the free version if you have no internet.
There are only 3 scenes that are for Offlaner patrons. Others are free but in the early access. 3 of 46. It's not "1/4 or 1/3" of content. It's 1/15 of content.

Reactions: Curelt

vahe

Apr 10, 2018
I think maybe you're being a bit disingenuous if you're suggesting that only scenes are content, not basic game features like saves, text skip, etc. Especially since I asked how much of the game was locked behind whats essentially always online DRM, not scenes.

Maybe I'll buy it when its finished and my money actually gets me something tangible.

May 13, 2019
basically this game is made by Todd Howard, man, you have to PAY if you want to see, like, half of the god'damn scenes, save, skip ecc... This game is literally a pay-to-win

flamie

Game Developer
May 8, 2019
I think maybe you're being a bit disingenuous if you're suggesting that only scenes are content, not basic game features like saves, text skip, etc. Especially since I asked how much of the game was locked behind whats essentially always online DRM, not scenes.

Maybe I'll buy it when its finished and my money actually gets me something tangible.
Online features may be good in some cases:
1) We fix all the bugs in hours, and users don't need to upload the game again.
2) Saves are always supporting backward compatibility and work in the next versions, and you can play on your desktop, then switch to your phone and continue the game.
3) You don't need to download the client to play.
4) It works on all devices and operating systems

You also can use your free save file and gallery file from the offline version, and move it to the new version of the client, when it comes out. So it's not like all RenPy games where you need to play the game from the start every time.

Last edited:

flamie

Game Developer
May 8, 2019
basically this game is made by Todd Howard, man, you have to PAY if you want to see, like, half of the god'damn scenes, save, skip ecc... This game is literally a pay-to-win
You don't need to pay if you want to see those scenes. It's just in early access like in hundreds of other games on F95. All you need is to wait when the public release comes out.

Reactions: nyagura

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
Okay, I see the 'female protagonist' and 'lesbian' tags together. Can we, can we not play the game fully lesbian?

flamie

Game Developer
May 8, 2019
So we can play the game lesbian and ignore the other content?
I mean you can play only straight scenes if you want it.
If you want to do the opposite, I'm not sure if it's fully possible, but you can skip a lot of straight scenes anyway.

1.80 star(s) 82 Votes