Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
I get a black screen in for a scene with Samantha in the bathroom (has text, no pictures), is that supposed to happen?

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
i'm with you, unfortunately there is just too much grinding/mini game/repetitive chores for the amount of time we actually spend in original dialogue and moving the story forward. I adore the renders in this game and the story so i will continue to bite my lip for a little bit longer but please make the minigames and chores skipable once they ve been done once...

Alright sorry for the rant.
Hey!
You can skip all mini-games
Which mechanics do you think are "grinding" ? Do you know you can skip every mini game? Do you use calendar and char info for fast-moving between characters?

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
so my ui seems to permanently have the "at the moment weekend activities are only available in Dale" banner in the middle of my screen. is there an easy way to remove that? or trigger it's disappearance or something?
Hey!
On Which platform are you playing?

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I love everything about this game but the sandbox. It's just too much stuff to click and do for me. Everyday is a battle to click most of the same stuff all over again. I did everything until this update and since it came out I have loaded it probably 10 times but man I don't think I can keep going. Saddens me because I really loved the characters and I am still really curious about what's going to happen but unfortunately I'm gona have to let it go. Maybe after it's completed I find the will for it, I don't know.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your great work and the best of luck.
Hey!
Could you tell me a little bit more about your experience? Do you know about the calendar?
Which things do you think are annoying?

lexhen

Jan 18, 2018
Hey!
You can skip all mini-games
Which mechanics do you think are "grinding" ? Do you know you can skip every mini game? Do you use calendar and char info for fast-moving between characters?
I'm talking about the cafe orders, or the spells that needs to be clicked perfectly; but overall the grind to get access to dale i feel like i'm in groundhog day. It was fun the first times but it became a chore... all i'm saying is that a minigame that needs to be done over and over, eventually becomes really annoying.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Hey!
Could you tell me a little bit more about your experience? Do you know about the calendar?
Which things do you think are annoying?
It's a couple of things and I'm prety sure it's not your game that is at fault but my personal taste. For instance. I played like 400 of these according to my lists. I started a bit over a year ago with the likes of Man in the House and milf city so Sandbox were my favorites. I used to search specifically for them in the search box. I went from that to almost and completely avoiding them but not dismissing them entirely. Even yesterday I played Solvalley while relaxed. It wasn't important what I did or the way I did (choices) while playing that.

Ok now about Lust Academy: I feel overwhelmed and that I have to concentrate to keep track of what I'm doing. I can't just lay back relaxed and letting it flow. This is what I mean with my previous "personal taste", I actually have to play it you know, not just reading and lay back? Let me go back to the history. I started with Lust like 4 updates ago, not sure, I did the first part, went to the academy, met the girl in the train, and all that and stopped overwhelmed and lost. Next update I gave it another try, got the txt guide, started again and did it all. Felt like a robot just doing things for the sake of doing to get more of the content.

I think all I wrote is kind of irrelevant. I think the problem here is that Instead of just reading and making choices as in a normal VN, I actually have to do stuff to get to the story, and the lazy f brain that I have doesn't like it. Again, it's not you game that is at fault here. Also, I'm a perfectionist, I'm always thinking I forgot to do something and that I'm gona mess up the playthrough... Like one of the weeks I didn't went to the other place for winning the weeks points race, the thought that I messed it all never goes away. Once I discovered I had to go visit the girls room every night to do naughty things to them, my thought: "what now, do I start again and do it? Is it important?! What if I miss one night only, does it matter? Shit!". Then there's the phone app with the pictures and likes and comments, my brain again does the same: "is it good? should I write or just like? Does it even matter what I do there?". Should I train the spells in class for battles? Does it matter? While playing it I'm always questioning what I'm doing. Am I doing it wrong? lol.

Yes, I know the calendar, my brain goes like: "do I have to check that every action I take? Is it important? which action from each part of the day I do first? Does the time I take to do all this Matters? Can I just work at coffee make money, and do quests and stuff after? Do I have to do battles? Did I got the books, let me check every room of the game again, it won't hurt... Shit! so many questions, where was that txt guide thing again? Wow the txt thing even has a save for lazy fucks like me! So where was I ingame? hmm this is useless, I'm not at same day as the guide. Does it matter. Fuck I'm not gona start again! What about that save? No, I don't want that. I guess that's it. Closed. Deleted. Gona go to the thread to praise the game and show that I'm a lazy fuck and going to abandon the story and this nice characters for it".

I think that's it. Again, I don't think it's the game that is at fault. On the other hand: if it was a normal Renpy/VN, I would start again, press ctrl, make the choices.... It would be nice but then it wouldn't be Lust Academy.

Thank you and good luck.

P.S. Now I'm gona make breakfast at 12:15. Damn! ;)

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I'm talking about the cafe orders, or the spells that needs to be clicked perfectly; but overall the grind to get access to dale i feel like i'm in groundhog day. It was fun the first times but it became a chore... all i'm saying is that a minigame that needs to be done over and over, eventually becomes really annoying.
Yeah, the Dale only has some extra content. You can still ignore it, without fear of losing some girl's routes.
Cafe and "spell practice" are just fun stuff, if you would like some extra money and get higher in duels. And again, totally optionable and does not really effect on story (and can be skippable for sure).
So simple logic - all routes don't need any grind at all. Do you want some extra content? - no problem, you can do some lazy actions to get a reward (even them can be skipped and u get money\points or smth, but less)

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Dont know if anyone with skills can take a look at my save. Why does it keep kicking me out to main menu when I click the bed?
I did a fresh install. I do have scrappys mod installed.

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
It's a couple of things and I'm prety sure it's not your game that is at fault but my personal taste. For instance. I played like 400 of these according to my lists. I started a bit over a year ago with the likes of Man in the House and milf city so Sandbox were my favorites. I used to search specifically for them in the search box. I went from that to almost and completely avoiding them but not dismissing them entirely. Even yesterday I played Solvalley while relaxed. It wasn't important what I did or the way I did (choices) while playing that.

Ok now about Lust Academy: I feel overwhelmed and that I have to concentrate to keep track of what I'm doing. I can't just lay back relaxed and letting it flow. This is what I mean with my previous "personal taste", I actually have to play it you know, not just reading and lay back? Let me go back to the history. I started with Lust like 4 updates ago, not sure, I did the first part, went to the academy, met the girl in the train, and all that and stopped overwhelmed and lost. Next update I gave it another try, got the txt guide, started again and did it all. Felt like a robot just doing things for the sake of doing to get more of the content.

I think all I wrote is kind of irrelevant. I think the problem here is that Instead of just reading and making choices as in a normal VN, I actually have to do stuff to get to the story, and the lazy f brain that I have doesn't like it. Again, it's not you game that is at fault here. Also, I'm a perfectionist, I'm always thinking I forgot to do something and that I'm gona mess up the playthrough... Like one of the weeks I didn't went to the other place for winning the weeks points race, the thought that I messed it all never goes away. Once I discovered I had to go visit the girls room every night to do naughty things to them, my thought: "what now, do I start again and do it? Is it important?! What if I miss one night only, does it matter? Shit!". Then there's the phone app with the pictures and likes and comments, my brain again does the same: "is it good? should I write or just like? Does it even matter what I do there?". Should I train the spells in class for battles? Does it matter? While playing it I'm always questioning what I'm doing. Am I doing it wrong? lol.

Yes, I know the calendar, my brain goes like: "do I have to check that every action I take? Is it important? which action from each part of the day I do first? Does the time I take to do all this Matters? Can I just work at coffee make money, and do quests and stuff after? Do I have to do battles? Did I got the books, let me check every room of the game again, it won't hurt... Shit! so many questions, where was that txt guide thing again? Wow the txt thing even has a save for lazy fucks like me! So where was I ingame? hmm this is useless, I'm not at same day as the guide. Does it matter. Fuck I'm not gona start again! What about that save? No, I don't want that. I guess that's it. Closed. Deleted. Gona go to the thread to praise the game and show that I'm a lazy fuck and going to abandon the story and this nice characters for it".

I think that's it. Again, I don't think it's the game that is at fault. On the other hand: if it was a normal Renpy/VN, I would start again, press ctrl, make the choices.... It would be nice but then it wouldn't be Lust Academy.

Thank you and good luck.

P.S. Now I'm gona make breakfast at 12:15. Damn! ;)
That's a very interesting point of view.
Don't you feel like you're thinking too much? Have you used tutorials in the game? It talks about different mechanics (including night visits that do not affect the story).

There's a sense that you've been focusing your attention right on every little thing. Even we have a tutorial and some hints, I don't really know how to make it not that complicated if people start overthinking each thing or decision. (Tbh I have something in mind, but can't say all details rn :) )

3.80 star(s) 163 Votes