Guz007

Nov 21, 2021
When will mc start acting more familiar, warm and intimate with girls he's involved with?
on the one hand they be making sweet sweet love and the next they act like barely friends,,,mc literally called sam "come on girl" like a gay wannabe.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
When will mc start acting more familiar, warm and intimate with girls he's involved with?
on the one hand they be making sweet sweet love and the next they act like barely friends,,,mc literally called sam "come on girl" like a gay wannabe.
That's because all lewd scenes are optional. The paths in the game don't have any real consequences (yet?).
I find it more disturbing that he keeps calling all girls "baby" if he's close to them.

They should just call each other by name like normal people do, then these problems would not exist :)

Reactions: Cartageno and aragh

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Dear witches and wizards! Welcome to our weekly DevUpdate.
Let's set the mood with a fantasy joke:
How do you call a party of orc bards?
An orc-hestra!
Okay, jokes aside, we have a lot of things to discuss.

Let's start with the freshest release: Lust Academy v1.10.1a! In this update, we're getting one step closer to the end of season 2, which means a lot of action and romance is happening. More
As always, you can find the details in the post:
And if you're here for the news about the development process, here is the list:
  • Finished 75 new renders with Katrina, Haley, Beatrice, and Willow.
  • Retouched 76 renders to add a special magical atmosphere!
  • Finished dialogues for Sabrina's storyline for version 1.10.1.
  • Finished dialogues for Victoria's storyline for version 1.10.1.
  • Finished Main's storyline for version 1.11.1.
  • Finished Vanessa's storyline for version 1.11.1.
That concludes this week's update. Thank you for your time and comments. With each update, we strive to enhance Lust Academy!

Sincerely,
Bear in the Night

PapaSnabes1

Feb 15, 2020
Sooo... am I missing something, or is the extremely sudden "Aaaand you're out of the tournament without even getting to try" thing a bit... lacking?

Like.. what was the point of all the work on improving spells and spell power, making all the potions and working all the grind, if the moment we get to use it, we just get "story-timed" to lose anyway and pushed out of the tournament immediately?

Reactions: peter1212

Guz007

Nov 21, 2021
True and the writing in season 2 has gone to shit,
The dialogue doesnt make sense sometimes, the charterers feels detached from the storyline,
I HOPE THEY IMPROVE.

Reactions: Forgotted

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Sooo... am I missing something, or is the extremely sudden "Aaaand you're out of the tournament without even getting to try" thing a bit... lacking?
Actually that one of the better aspects I think. MC is a noob after all and they definitly wanted to avoid having him fight his favorite girl. Since he was not interested in winning, but rather in helping, it would have been a unfair contest anyway. So far it has been trials anyway and not a battle between mages.

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
You know, such phrases without examples mean nothing :) To improve something, we need to understand what should we improve
as with many games on Patreon and f95zone the problem is not the spelling, it's the grammar.
it's the grammar on this game that can go flying for a loop.
i.e. after you have ran all the text through a spell checker for each language that have basic grammar checking you need to run it through a program set up to focus on grammar.
once you do this you will be amazed on how many grammar mistakes you will find on season one alone.
then continue the process on season two.
once you find a really good grammar checker and have all this well in hand you can have the Development team advise other game developers to do the same and win a bunch of brownie points, or sell the advice, whatever, it will go helping many many game makers on here.

Resmund

May 19, 2017
as with many games on Patreon and f95zone the problem is not the spelling, it's the grammar.
it's the grammar on this game that can go flying for a loop.
i.e. after you have ran all the text through a spell checker for each language that have basic grammar checking you need to run it through a program set up to focus on grammar.
once you do this you will be amazed on how many grammar mistakes you will find on season one alone.
then continue the process on season two.
once you find a really good grammar checker and have all this well in hand you can have the Development team advise other game developers to do the same and win a bunch of brownie points, or sell the advice, whatever, it will go helping many many game makers on here.
I didn't mark the points in the story but there are at least a few places where the dialogue is marked wrong (e.g Samantha said something and responded to what she said, it took me a sec to realize that the dialogue is marked wrong and it was supposed to be Mc's line.). There were also a few times when the dialogue referenced past events or conversations that never happened, I played sandbox so that may screw the intented timeline a bit but it seems that it was more of changes to the dialogue or cut lines.

outlawyer

Nov 4, 2020
I downloaded season 2. I noticed that it makes more jumps.

-In the beginning, during the sex scene with Olivia, it jumps to the scene with Eliah (after that I learn that Jacob is dead).

- When I refuse to have sex with Olivia, it seems to flow through normally until the shower scene with Samantha (during sex, it jumps into Victoria's classroom where she spells "Vaniando" on the blackboard).

-If I don't take a shower with Samantha, I meet Haley at the train station in the morning.

-During Adele's bloo job (VIP room), it jumps to the sex scene with Sabrina in the forest (Sabrina has a box under her arm afterwards).

Play in novel mode and have no mods installed!!
dont use mode. it cause the scene jumps

Reactions: Macinnes

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
I love this VN. It's one of the best ever IMO on here, but imagine my surprise when I'm watching the MC fingering Olivia and the next frame Elijah is ramming the MC in the ass. Not cool I did not sign up for that, in fact in version 1 I set the flag for Elijah to be straight. Obviously a bug here. Talk about breaking immersion! LOL! As mentioned by others I'm experiencing scene jumps in version 2. With the above mentioned jump I was able to save the spot just before the jump and refuse Olivia and continue until the shower/sex scene with Samantha (which I have been waiting for until now! Sammy is my favorite). Right after the MC tells Sam she has a perfect pussy there is a jump and an exception:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/logic/events/intro.rpy", line 22, in script call
    call Intro_1_label from _call_Intro_1_label
  File "game/logic/events/bathroom.rpy", line 325, in <module>
  File "game/logic/locations/logic.rpy", line 133, in ChangeLocation
    ChangeLocation(location, time = time_now % 4 + time, days_add = days_add)
  File "game/logic/locations/logic.rpy", line 167, in ChangeLocation
    if time_now in locations_db[location_now]['locktime'] or day_now%7 in locations_db[location_now]['lockdays']:
KeyError: None

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 456, in script call
  File "game/logic/events/intro.rpy", line 22, in script call
    call Intro_1_label from _call_Intro_1_label
  File "logic/events/bathroom.rpyc", line 325, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/logic/events/bathroom.rpy", line 325, in <module>
  File "game/logic/locations/logic.rpy", line 133, in ChangeLocation
    ChangeLocation(location, time = time_now % 4 + time, days_add = days_add)
  File "game/logic/locations/logic.rpy", line 167, in ChangeLocation
    if time_now in locations_db[location_now]['locktime'] or day_now%7 in locations_db[location_now]['lockdays']:
KeyError: None

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
LustAcademy-2 1.9.1d
Wed Mar 15 04:25:18 2023

Last edited:

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
MC is a noob after all and they definitly wanted to avoid having him fight his favorite girl. Since he was not interested in winning, but rather in helping, it would have been a unfair contest anyway. So far it has been trials anyway and not a battle between mages.
Yeah, he was in the contest for dodgy reasons to begin with anyway. Not sad he's finally out of it.

Reactions: Nemo56

Crimsonlights

Mar 19, 2020
One critique I'd make is that at times, the grammar and sentence structure can be really poor. For example, the dialogue can sound really stilted and mechanical rather than more natural.

Beyond that, the game is fantastic. Looking forward to more gay content (sorry; I'm a simple bi guy) and to see the game's development progress.

Reactions: Macinnes
3.80 star(s) 160 Votes