4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

Chimi Changa

May 27, 2018
No, that's the rate if she wants to keep the already existing art in the upcoming versions. The former artist would be getting a 20% of the total income despite not working on it anymore
oh ok thanks, I misunderstood that comment

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
No, that's the rate if she wants to keep the already existing art in the upcoming versions. The former artist would be getting a 20% of the total income despite not working on it anymore
I guess this is what happens when you are not careful with a work contract. An employee that works on a project is usually paid for his/her services, but doesn't own what he/she creates. In this case, the art should belong to LC, not Javier. You want out? Sure, no problem. But don't expect money for something that you've been paid for.

okfairenough

Mar 1, 2020
I guess this is what happens when you are not careful with a work contract. An employee that works on a project is usually paid for his/her services, but doesn't own what he/she creates. In this case, the art should belong to LC, not Javier. You want out? Sure, no problem. But don't expect money for something that you've been paid for.
My man Javier made a royalty deal. Kevin O'Leary would be proud.

LeeCleef

Oct 15, 2020
I can't pay 20% or 30% of each month's earnings to keep the art from chapters 1-5, and also pay the new artist every month for the art from the new chapters, indefinitely. It has already been very difficult for me to be paying both artists these months, if that lasted until the end of the project, I very much doubt that I could.
There is something that I don't quite understand. Why does the Dev talk about Javier as if he were her employee but on Javier's website he says that he is Co-Founder of Red Lolly games?
Is he (or was he) her partner or her employee? If he were his partner, that would explain the rights to the drawings issue (usually when someone works for a video game company as an employee, he has to sign a document in which he renounces all rights to his drawings).

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
There is something that I don't quite understand. Why does the Dev talk about Javier as if he were her employee but on Javier's website he says that he is Co-Founder of Red Lolly games?
Is he (or was he) her partner or her employee? If he were his partner, that would explain the rights to the drawings issue (usually when someone works for a video game company as an employee, he has to sign a document in which he renounces all rights to his drawings).
They were partners, but the bank account linked to patreon must be hers, so she was paying him his share

Reactions: afterlights

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
They were partners, but the bank account linked to patreon must be hers, so she was paying him his share
if you are not insider that's pure guessing. there can be numerous variants of partnership or transfering money from patreon account.
more interesting story is how the fuck javier suddenly [:ROFLMAO:], after just one year of working and advertising, realise that he is actually doing drawings for adult game and that is against his ethics.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
Here's a dev's answer from the comments on why she can't keep Javier's art and has to do a total redesign.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
that is first, after long time, from her that sounds logical about project. if she's telling the truth, redoing won't be necessary turn-off due to other charachters, paths, more lewd content and lots of already prepared adult stuff discarded by saint javier. that might make game worth following from the beginning.
but this will work only if she is commited to project, or at least give it priority, so that we won't need to wait at least 4 months between final versions of updates.

Redgy

Jan 17, 2018
if you are not insider that's pure guessing. there can be numerous variants of partnership or transfering money from patreon account.
more interesting story is how the fuck javier suddenly [:ROFLMAO:], after just one year of working and advertising, realise that he is actually doing drawings for adult game and that is against his ethics.
On that she said something like:
I, uh.. I guess she's trying to say that Javier is pretty vanilla and couldn't draw anything kinky? And since they were partners she couldn't just tell him to suck it up and do his job but had to work around that. I dunno, still pretty weird.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
My guess is Javier was actually vanilla in bed, so a fuckbuddy where you only kiss and do missionary in complete dark was boring but tolerable, till she met Pablo who's a complete pervert both in bed and art department. Pablo maybe lacking the superb talent and the big gun but his passion, dedication and creativity will surpass Javier.

Sorry for the trolling, IMO this VN is dead, dev's attitude and responses are not reassuring and seems very suspicious to me. I hope I'm wrong... (probably not)

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
On that she said something like:
I, uh.. I guess she's trying to say that Javier is pretty vanilla and couldn't draw anything kinky? And since they were partners she couldn't just tell him to suck it up and do his job but had to work around that. I dunno, still pretty weird.
yeah, i don't get this vanilla people in adult industry. what javier expected when he agreed working on adult game? sex scenes with charachters under blanket?
i just remembered that she has opened path to hard bdsm during texting with her sponsor when she can confirm that she is dreaming of being beaten during sex. how the hell that passed un-noticed by javier? or he is ok with anything unless he has to draw penetration?
to conclude, she is to blame for getting project in this situation. she knew what she wants in project and she knew what javier is thinking about that. it is not easy to find new artist, but look, she managed when she needed. before that she felt comfortable, subscription money was comming regulary and unlike artists in normal life she had no deadlines. so she didn't care much until everything exploded in her face

Chimi Changa

May 27, 2018
Gotta say, it does not inspire a lot of confidence to have the proof of continued quality hidden behind a 20€ paywall.
right, cause that will be the basis if I should continue my subscription or not lol, though I don't want to cancel it to keep up that project going

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
So we are not gonna see the update any time soon right??!
well, depends what you consider soon....
but she said that meanwhile she'll release ch.5 that was (alegedly) already finished by javier. this ch.5 was supposed to be released in october when she said in few days, but then she disappeared for a month.
when she was back, she came with javier story and redoing, but she said ch.5 will come out soon.
now, no more talking about ch.5 anymore

• Red Heart
Reactions: Srg3369
4.20 star(s) 103 Votes