4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

Srg3369

Aug 25, 2021
well, depends what you consider soon....
but she said that meanwhile she'll release ch.5 that was (alegedly) already finished by javier. this ch.5 was supposed to be released in october when she said in few days, but then she disappeared for a month.
when she was back, she came with javier story and redoing, but she said ch.5 will come out soon.
now, no more talking about ch.5 anymore
Thanks for the explanation

Reactions: leg28

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
I actually like it more than the current one. There is some hope for this game after all.
it is not re-design that i was affraid of. i'm affraid of dev's previous professionalism and working ethics that will get us to real progress in story in maybe 1.5-2 years according current pace and her working style.
if, what she said is a truth (new revamp will have new, more lewd content, new charachters, paths... and most of it has already been written) than this revamping period could be cut on a half. meanwhile while artists is working on old images, she should concentrate on writting new chapters. that would be both professional and fair.
but somehow i doubt in that pace. she will continue to stretch updates deadlines (which she is giving to herself) and collect subscription. this stretching of time period between updates is more and more popular between developers with nice monthly subscription income and in such way unconditional monthly subscription became main obstacle to quicklier game progress instead incitment.
personally i think best way would be, instead monthly subscription, subscription per major update (i saw that option at one game's patreon page and it is extremly fair and user friendly - we are paying for delivered product not for idle leisure of devs and their cheap excuses) which would definitely motivate devs on faster work on updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nbd24
Nov 15, 2020
It looks good! Her face seems a bit more generic and lacks some of the subtle characteristics of the old Alice, but all in all I'm positively surprised. If we didn't have the old art as comparison, and this was presented as the art style for a new game, I think everyone would be very impressed.

Reactions: GrimWraith

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
How many hours of content is there in the current version? I usually like to wait until a game has a good amount of content before diving in (I won't chase updates and will only touch a game once per year at most).

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
personally i think best way would be, instead monthly subscription, subscription per major update (i saw that option at one game's patreon page and it is extremly fair and user friendly - we are paying for delivered product not for idle leisure of devs and their cheap excuses) which would definitely motivate devs on faster work on updates.
When you have a monthly subscription system and not a per update system no one is paying for delivered product but to support devs to keep doing what they are doing the way they are doing it. And that means allowing them to enjoy their leisure time and work at the pace they are confortable with. After all, no one is forcing patrons to keep their subscription active during the whole creative process - just pay the total amount you think the game deserve and don't hesitate to drop a subscription if you are not happy with the way dev is actually doing things or those things they do don't meet your expectations. But no patron has the right to tell dev to hurry up nor to change their vision, nor even to complete the game at all. By being a monthly patron you are just showing your appreciation; if there's nothing for you to appreciate anymore, just unsubscribe.

But take into account that if a dev starts losing patrons drastically due to poor communication or constantly failed promises, chances are the project will be abandoned altogether, they won't be motivated to change their approach to game developing because at that point they have already shown they are not really commited into creating a game. They'd simply quit or look for another 'easy' way of making money.

I'd really wish people started to understand Patreon is not Kickstarter. But no, it's easier to pay for something without understanding what you are paying for and then complain about how evil the system is.

Last edited:

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
I'll get used to the redesign, and hopeful for the other characters. It isn't so jarring as recasting an actor as it is more like changing artists on a comic book.

Reactions: DisturbedMan

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
When you have a monthly subscription system and not a per update system no one is paying for delivered product but to support devs to keep doing what they are doing the way they are doing it. And that means allowing them to enjoy their leisure time and work at the pace they are confortable with. After all, no one is forcing patrons to keep their subscription active during the whole creative process - just pay the total amount you think the game deserve and don't hesitate to drop a subscription if you are not happy with the way dev is actually doing things or those things they do don't meet your expectations. But no patron has the right to tell dev to hurry up nor to change their vision, nor even to complete the game at all. By being a monthly patron you are just showing your appreciation; if there's nothing for you to appreciate anymore, just unsubscribe.

But take into account that if a dev starts losing patrons drastically due to poor communication or constantly failed promises, chances are the project will be abandoned altogether, they won't be motivated to change their approach to game developing because at that point they have already shown they are not really commited into creating a game. They'd simply quit or look for another 'easy' way of making money.

I'd really wish people started to understand Patreon is not Kickstarter. But no, it's easier to pay for something without understanding what you are paying for and then complain about how evil the system is.
so you basically saying patrons are atm machine for devs that can do whatever they want without any results or consequences?
my support is not for someone who is not committed to project, whose actions during certain period can not show me that he intend to finish job or at least trying hard to do it.
patronage and subscription are something completely different and patreon became mostly subscription service. for subscription you have right to demand something. it is your monthly committment to pay for something. definitelly not devs leisure time. why should i support someone's hobby when that person openly advocate this job as his second job. subscription is job and obligation and if you are not willing to commit or want to work at leisure, 2nd job speed, then be decent and bill what you delivered or move to buymeacoffee type support.
you say that i can pick ammount i want to give to artist and then stop. ok. i decide to support someone with 100$ and when i'm billed that much i stop and then i have no access to product. i gave to use pirate site.
patron system came from rennessaince and artists delivered end project. michelangelo didn't stop doing chapel by excusing himself to his patron by being busy, depressed or having other project as first job. he and many other artists worked hard for their patrons and respected them (here, i see lack of respect of certain devs toward their clients)
to conclude, you are the one who don't understand patronage system. patrons were supporting artists to deliver something free for everyone, community. they were proud that they were patrons of projects that benefits all.
here you even have to pay to read the post how project is developing. that is business, not support. real patronage will be immediatelly free access for everyone and who wants to support (monthly, per update, once...) can continue. that is essence of patronage. what we have at patreon (with growing number of devs, but not all) is business only. with no commitment or obligation.
personally i support one, and soon will start with second, because their work up to now show me they are professional, commited to their projects. their updates are not monthly but quantity and quality of their updates are guarantee of their commitment to project with large possibility of finishing it. and i don't consider myself patron, but subscriber. same way i'm subscribed to netflix and hbo

Yumiyah

Jun 25, 2018
i am ok with the new Alice design , I tought since was Javier work could be his Design meaning it could change completly since it was his "creation" .... hope to see if the poses are now more consistant , like if a character wont change face style in the same pose 3 times , like Sophie for example

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
so you basically saying patrons are atm machine for devs that can do whatever they want without any results or consequences?
my support is not for someone who is not committed to project, whose actions during certain period can not show me that he intend to finish job or at least trying hard to do it.
patronage and subscription are something completely different and patreon became mostly subscription service. for subscription you have right to demand something. it is your monthly committment to pay for something. definitelly not devs leisure time. why should i support someone's hobby when that person openly advocate this job as his second job. subscription is job and obligation and if you are not willing to commit or want to work at leisure, 2nd job speed, then be decent and bill what you delivered or move to buymeacoffee type support.
you say that i can pick ammount i want to give to artist and then stop. ok. i decide to support someone with 100$ and when i'm billed that much i stop and then i have no access to product. i gave to use pirate site.
patron system came from rennessaince and artists delivered end project. michelangelo didn't stop doing chapel by excusing himself to his patron by being busy, depressed or having other project as first job. he and many other artists worked hard for their patrons and respected them (here, i see lack of respect of certain devs toward their clients)
to conclude, you are the one who don't understand patronage system. patrons were supporting artists to deliver something free for everyone, community. they were proud that they were patrons of projects that benefits all.
here you even have to pay to read the post how project is developing. that is business, not support. real patronage will be immediatelly free access for everyone and who wants to support (monthly, per update, once...) can continue. that is essence of patronage. what we have at patreon (with growing number of devs, but not all) is business only. with no commitment or obligation.
personally i support one, and soon will start with second, because their work up to now show me they are professional, commited to their projects. their updates are not monthly but quantity and quality of their updates are guarantee of their commitment to project with large possibility of finishing it. and i don't consider myself patron, but subscriber. same way i'm subscribed to netflix and hbo
You both make some valid points. It is usually pretty easy to tell which devs are milking patrons based on their behavior, activity level, and release results. Too often, patrons (cough fanboys) are quick to throw cash at developers based on a demo and then the dev milks the demo for all its worth before producing much else (if anything).

The devs who hold their game hostage unless they reach their Patreon money goal each month from subscribers is one example of bad behavior. Devs have also figured out that the more games they start the more money they gain from subscribers (simply by having an increased number of subscribers due to the larger exposure of having multiple games). Fanboys can be really dumb sometimes. More and more developers on this site are adopting the model of working on two games at the same time because it means more money (the evidence strongly supports this even though the releases are twice as slow, go figure). So yes, some developers do string out their subscribers literally forever based solely on good faith.

Personally, I strongly frown on developers working on more than one game at the same time. It is milking subscribers in my opinion.

The Patreon model really doesn't inspire developers to finish their games.

Players have been scammed by developers in the past who put out flashy demos, promise the moon, and then don't deliver.

On the other hand, development takes a great deal of time and effort! It is hard and not always fun! So it is a good thing to help out those who are hard working and have shown commitment to their projects. It even allows the better developers to work on their games full-time as a career. Few reach this level however. Most developers don't have the ability to work on a game full-time and not maintain a job somewhere else to pay the bills. Players can also be very peculiar and I've seen some really good games out there with little support from subscribers.

I'm not currently developing games on this site but I did in the past for free (no Patreon). I did it as a hobby and felt like if I got paid to do it, it would feel like work and I would feel like I HAD to do it at that point. I had many players volunteer to become subscribers and I wouldn't let them (personal choice). I'm not knocking those who do in any way.

It really comes down to the individual developer. Some devs create their Patreon account before starting their game and that is a backwards approach. I've even seen developers ask for donations just after creating a roadmap and a few images and nothing substantial. It needs to be the other way around.

The best way to have a large subscriber account is to prove yourself with great content and consistent updates that are reasonably sized.

This is all my personal opinion and your experience may vary.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Basically, yes. You have no obligation to keep being an ATM for someone who's not delivering what you expected, though, which I think is fine.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elisagee and sava75

Blob

May 7, 2017
It doesn't look quite as good as the old one. But overall still pretty good, I was expecting a lot worse.

Her pants look kind of strange though, like they are lower quality than the rest of the image.

Yumiyah

Jun 25, 2018
It doesn't look quite as good as the old one. But overall still pretty good, I was expecting a lot worse.

Her pants look kind of strange though, like they are lower quality than the rest of the image.

well i just hope the faces dont change every 2 scenes like the old one , sophie had like 3 dif faces in that shower scene ....

Reactions: aykarin and BiHaN
4.20 star(s) 103 Votes