4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
I think it's worth it. Really, only the art is changing. The characters, the situations, and their relationships will continue.

Srg3369

Aug 25, 2021
Is this game worth playing in its current form? I have read the thread and it seems that the game is on the brink of being restarted (or maybe even abandoned), so how much content does it have and what kind? Only a couple of scenes with teasing or something more substantial?
In my opinion it does worth it

trebecksucks

Aug 29, 2020
Gotta say...not loving this change in art style. The original was gorgeous and unique. This new version looks way too cartoonish.

But the situation was understandable and the dev was put in a tough spot.

Here's hoping it turns into something amazing!

Reactions: Back and MGUltimate

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
Latest Patreon update:

Let's talk about some changes.
Hey guys, too long without writing here and I have many things to tell you, so I already warn you that this is going to be a long post.
First of all, I want to apologize for being so missing and not meeting the delivery deadline for the C5. It is not a subject that I want to give many details about, but at the end of October the doctors detected a cyst in my mother's mouth and had to operate on her urgently, so all my energy has been dedicated to that. The operation was delicate, but for now she is recovering quite well and we are waiting for the cyst to be analyzed.
I am sorry that you have to wait longer for the chapter and that you have worried about not having news of me in so long, but for me the family comes first and at this moment they needed me, I hope you can understand it.
But don't worry! Chapter 5 is progressing slowly, we continue to work hard on LC.

And speaking of LC, I think it's time to explain the new changes that are going to happen after the C5 is released.
Chapter 5 will be the last in which Javier works as an artist for RedLolly. In July, after working on chapter 4, Javier told me something that we had already realized while working on the rest of the chapters: the more explicit scenes he drew, the more uncomfortable he felt. Obviously this was something that he did not imagine when starting the project, but the truth is that this discomfort has resulted in a deficit of erotic illustrations, as many of you have told me.
So, in July, when Javier informed me of his decision to leave the project, I could only think of one thing: "holy crap!" (Also let's not forget that that was the month my dental nightmare started).
For me, Javier leaving the project meant problems, and big ones. But that was his decision, and if it meant he was going to be happier, I was kind of happy for him in a way.
But let's get back to the "holy crap" thing. At that time I had several options: I could close the LC project, leave it unfinished, and close RedLolly; or close the LC project, find another artist and start a new project within RedLolly; or continue LC with another artist and deal with the problems it would pose.
The simple answer would have been to close the project and finish all this. That would have meant taking 0 risks. But LC has been my life for the last year and for nothing in the world was I going to allow this to die without fighting for it with all my might. So I decided to find a new artist and continue with LC.

• What will this mean for the video game?
After C5, all the sprites and LC illustrations will be changed and LC will start again from C1, three months later we will publish the reissue of C2, and so on with all the chapters.

• Is LC going to lose the artistic quality it had until now?
Every artist is different, so it is impossible for art to be the same. I know that Javier's art is incredible, I have been fortunate to be able to work with an exceptional artist, but even if the style changes a little, it will continue to have the same intention of being high quality art with aesthetic taste. We have also considered finding a compromise between quality and being able to produce more images per chapter, which I think is something that was lacking in LC until now. Although, that you will have to value when you see it.

• Does that mean we're going to have to wait half a year or more to see the C1 reissue?
No, you won't have to wait that long. I asked Javier to work together on a final chapter (C5), to take advantage of those months to find a new artist and have time to redesign the entire video game. That has meant combining the work involved in making a new chapter with interviewing the artists, and directing all of LC's art change. Besides, of course, since August I have been paying two artists: Javier for the art of the C5, and the new artist for the redesign of the C1, with me running out of benefits these months.
Are you getting the idea that it has not been a very fun few months, right? I can promise you that they have been anything but calm.
The good part is that right now the new style is already settled and almost all the sprites are redesigned, so much of the work involved in redoing LC is already done.

• So we're going to have to replay LC with new art and that's it?
No, in the process of redesigning the chapters we will also incorporate new scenes and characters, so that you can enjoy the game without making it tedious. This is the time for you to share what scenes you have missed or what characters you would like to incorporate! Inside the bad, at least I want to see the positive side of all this and make you participate in the changes. I have made a new google questionnaire so that you can send all your suggestions ( ).

• What a pain in the ass, I don't want to play the same chapters again!
I'm really sorry, but it's the only possible option right now. This is not how I would have liked LC to progress, but sometimes when you're a small developer, there aren't many other options. I'm going to work hard to make the best version of LC, but I understand that some of you don't want to accompany me in the process and these things take time. Hopefully, if you come back to play LC in a year, you'll be able to enjoy it again with the new art.

Any question you have about this you can leave it in the comments and I will answer it as soon as I can,

This is a post that has been making me afraid to write for a long time, because I know that it is news that many of you will not like. The only thing I can do is try to face this new challenge with a curious look to see how it will be solved and what I can learn from all this, and not with a look that judges it as a failure. Hopefully you can do the same.
I can promise you that after getting through all of this, hell will seem easy to me.
Thanks for your support and I hope you like the decisions I can make in the reissue.
Life is pain.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Life is pain.
Pain promotes growth. Let's offer our encouragement to the newly reformed dev team, and hope for the best for how Lust Campus will evolve from here. I'm sure the next update or the revised restart of it will be quite the stress test to see if people will continue to support it or find new folks to replace them and if the project will continue to be viable in the long run. Most of the art assets are already in place, after all. Despite some hesitation, I'm ultimately optimistic that things will turn up heads for them and their project. Be safe and cheers, y'all!

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I dont like the new style, i dont spend a coin here... so, i cant complain (much) but i dont like it
Better than the project being dead, right?

The replacement artist is very likely doing their best (as most of the assets are already in place) -- reworking things, creating new sprites, redoing scenes, and picking up the fumble from the implosion of the previous artist and trying to carry it to the goal line with new stuff to reflect the new content. Yes, the bar for the previous art is higher than typical for games in this field but let's give this new artist a chance too. (I mean, we haven't seen how the art has changed in-game yet outside of a few previews as there hasn't even been a new release as of yet.) I'm sure Red has made it sure that they're, at least, more reliable, and won't just walk out in the middle of the project leaving everyone in the lurch and with Red holding the bag.

Let's reserve judgement regarding the art until how it plays out in the game first, yes? Cheers y'all and be safe!

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I don't understand why C5 (with old art) takes so much time to release, I thought it was almost finished...

Overfoxed

Dec 23, 2021
So it sounds like they're re-releasing each chapter one at a time with the new art?

Honestly, I'd be happy to wait longer and just get one big "catch-up + new update" release much later down the line. Maybe that's an unpopular opinion, unsure.

Chimi Changa

May 27, 2018
they're going to release chapter 5 first with old artstyle since it's almost complete, or they're going to release the reworked chapter?

Dynamite20

Jun 9, 2021
Better than the project being dead, right?

The replacement artist is very likely doing their best (as most of the assets are already in place) -- reworking things, creating new sprites, redoing scenes, and picking up the fumble from the implosion of the previous artist and trying to carry it to the goal line with new stuff to reflect the new content. Yes, the bar for the previous art is higher than typical for games in this field but let's give this new artist a chance too. (I mean, we haven't seen how the art has changed in-game yet outside of a few previews as there hasn't even been a new release as of yet.) I'm sure Red has made it sure that they're, at least, more reliable, and won't just walk out in the middle of the project leaving everyone in the lurch and with Red holding the bag.

Let's reserve judgement regarding the art until how it plays out in the game first, yes? Cheers y'all and be safe!
I agree with you I prefer to see a complete game than a unfinished game and even if I dont like the art sometimes its the story that gets me and the characters, it doesnt have to be the art that make a game great but the story or the gameplay in other games.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I don't understand why C5 (with old art) takes so much time to release, I thought it was almost finished...
So it sounds like they're re-releasing each chapter one at a time with the new art?

Honestly, I'd be happy to wait longer and just get one big "catch-up + new update" release much later down the line. Maybe that's an unpopular opinion, unsure.
they're going to release chapter 5 first with old artstyle since it's almost complete, or they're going to release the reworked chapter?
If my memory hasn't failed me, I'll list below a few of the reasons for the delay and the necessary need to change the art...
  • Joanna, the dev (hereafter referred to as Red), had a medical issue back in July where she was under a lot of pain and stress which understandably slowed work on her project...
  • AT THE SAME TIME, Javier Alcalde, her artist informs her (in that same month, no less!) that he feels "uncomfortable" doing art for an erotic game and wants to bail on the project. Of course, literally *everyone* was saying "Seriously dude, what the fuck!" and there's been a whole litany of possible reasons of why he arrived at this decision -- none of which looks favorably upon him frankly, to put it lightly. Great art granted, but that's an uncool move dude. (And as an aside, Red Lolly can't keep the art in the game without having to pay Javier an exorbitant amount of royalties in perpetuity even if he no longer has anything to do with Lust Campus despite continuing to claiming to be the "cofounder and art director of Red Lolly Games" on his professional resume to this day, at the time of this post.)
  • On the plus side -- and giving credit where its due -- Javier is helping out with C5 while...
  • The new artist (I'm sorry, I can't remember the name) has been busy redoing ALL the work on the art front (except maybe the backgrounds?) beginning with the first chapter and will eventually encompass C5 and onwards.
  • As such, Red has been paying for TWO artists this entire time since August and has been really strapped for cash doing so. (She's only getting like two grand a month with most of that going to Javier.)
  • And for good measure, Life threw Red another problem to stack onto this pile where her mother had to have some surgery. So she took some time to focus on her mother, and good for her I say. Family is important! I won't ever besmirch anyone who has their priorities straight like that.
  • Oh, and just to answer one of the questions above, I think the plan is still to release C5 first and then go back and re-release all the previous chapters with everything reworked in both the art and the story.
Though I haven't followed the project since the start, Red never came off as a person who would willy-nilly lie about stuff like this to me and has been fairly communicative unlike other shady devs out there. She allowed us a peek into her life (I mean, you can even see pictures of her) and gave us some of the insight of what's going on behind the scenes, and even has another well-known and well-regarded developer -- Eva Kiss -- to vouch for her. So I tend to believe what's been said and give her the benefit of any doubts I may have. Besides, Red could've just packed things up, washed her hands of the whole affair, and closed up shop after her original artist threw her under the bus. I think everyone could allow her some leeway due to this. It was just a confluence of many different issues -- both in the game's development and in her personal life -- that all happened around the same time. It's just bad luck.

And just one concession, if Javier leaving the project meant he'll be happier at the end of the day, then good for him. There will be less issues with the game in the long run especially in regards to the erotic scenes for the game on the art front. Besides, everyone should find some measure of happiness as we all strive for it ourselves. But, I think it's fair to say that Javier went about it the wrong way however.

Hope that helps to answer questions regarding the delays and for the need to change the art style even if the answers weren't completely satisfactory to y'all. Cheers to you all and be safe! Happy new year!

sday98

Sep 11, 2021
If my memory hasn't failed me, I'll list below a few of the reasons for the delay and the necessary need to change the art...
  • Joanna, the dev (hereafter referred to as Red), had a medical issue back in July where she was under a lot of pain and stress which understandably slowed work on her project...
  • AT THE SAME TIME, Javier Alcalde, her artist informs her (in that same month, no less!) that he feels "uncomfortable" doing art for an erotic game and wants to bail on the project. Of course, literally *everyone* was saying "Seriously dude, what the fuck!" and there's been a whole litany of possible reasons of why he arrived at this decision -- none of which looks favorably upon him frankly, to put it lightly. Great art granted, but that's an uncool move dude. (And as an aside, Red Lolly can't keep the art in the game without having to pay Javier an exorbitant amount of royalties in perpetuity even if he no longer has anything to do with Lust Campus despite continuing to claiming to be the "cofounder and art director of Red Lolly Games" on his professional resume to this day, at the time of this post.)
  • On the plus side -- and giving credit where its due -- Javier is helping out with C5 while...
  • The new artist (I'm sorry, I can't remember the name) has been busy redoing ALL the work on the art front (except maybe the backgrounds?) beginning with the first chapter and will eventually encompass C5 and onwards.
  • As such, Red has been paying for TWO artists this entire time since August and has been really strapped for cash doing so. (She's only getting like two grand a month with most of that going to Javier.)
  • And for good measure, Life threw Red another problem to stack onto this pile where her mother had to have some surgery. So she took some time to focus on her mother, and good for her I say. Family is important! I won't ever besmirch anyone who has their priorities straight like that.
  • Oh, and just to answer one of the questions above, I think the plan is still to release C5 first and then go back and re-release all the previous chapters with everything reworked in both the art and the story.
Though I haven't followed the project since the start, Red never came off as a person who would willy-nilly lie about stuff like this to me and has been fairly communicative unlike other shady devs out there. She allowed us a peek into her life (I mean, you can even see pictures of her) and gave us some of the insight of what's going on behind the scenes, and even has another well-known and well-regarded developer -- Eva Kiss -- to vouch for her. So I tend to believe what's been said and give her the benefit of any doubts I may have. Besides, Red could've just packed things up, washed her hands of the whole affair, and closed up shop after her original artist threw her under the bus. I think everyone could allow her some leeway due to this. It was just a confluence of many different issues -- both in the game's development and in her personal life -- that all happened around the same time. It's just bad luck.

And just one concession, if Javier leaving the project meant he'll be happier at the end of the day, then good for him. There will be less issues with the game in the long run especially in regards to the erotic scenes for the game on the art front. Besides, everyone should find some measure of happiness as we all strive for it ourselves. But, I think it's fair to say that Javier went about it the wrong way however.

Hope that helps to answer questions regarding the delays and for the need to change the art style even if the answers weren't completely satisfactory to y'all. Cheers to you all and be safe! Happy new year!
leeway my dude?It was supposed to drop in October . My moms has had 3 surgeries since then what’s that gotta do w my commitments lmao

• Angry
Reactions: sztrb

LeeCleef

Oct 15, 2020

People have the right to leave a job or abandon a project when they consider that it is no longer interesting to them, for whatever reason: lack of motivation, low pay, stress, etc ... thousands and thousands of people change jobs every day!. And, with the same right, other people can work on projects full of problems and difficulties, because they have faith that over time they will be a great success, they feel very fulfilled with that work, etc ...
When a user supports a project on Patreon, he must be very aware of these factors, accept that the project may change or be canceled. If I am not wrong, none of the parts is obliged to sign a commitment of permanence or fidelity.

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
People have the right to leave a job or abandon a project when they consider that it is no longer interesting to them, for whatever reason: lack of motivation, low pay, stress, etc ... thousands and thousands of people change jobs every day!. And, with the same right, other people can work on projects full of problems and difficulties, because they have faith that over time they will be a great success, they feel very fulfilled with that work, etc ...
When a user supports a project on Patreon, he must be very aware of these factors, accept that the project may change or be canceled. If I am not wrong, none of the parts is obliged to sign a commitment of permanence or fidelity.
Do what I do, if it does not live up to your expectations, stop supporting with your money. Always annoying, but its just a sex game.

PrinceAdam

Apr 13, 2020
Im guessing something happened to stunt the releases of this game? love the art style, just been awhile since ive seen a update..

MGUltimate

Dec 12, 2021
Im guessing something happened to stunt the releases of this game? love the art style, just been awhile since ive seen a update..
Guy doing the art was a twat and refused to keep doing it or allow it to be used in the future. 1 more release is coming before, but then it's a restart with not as good/more cartoony art. Hopefully old saves will work once the one after that comes out, which could be forever from now. Though if it's ONLY the imagery being updated it shouldn't be as long and old saves should work.

Overfoxed

Dec 23, 2021
Guy doing the art was a twat and refused to keep doing it or allow it to be used in the future. 1 more release is coming before, but then it's a restart with not as good/more cartoony art. Hopefully old saves will work once the one after that comes out, which could be forever from now. Though if it's ONLY the imagery being updated it shouldn't be as long and old saves should work.
I don't think that's entirely true - the artist is still working on Chapter 5 I believe which doesn't indicating he was acting dick-ish about it; he simply decided to move on to pastures new because he didn't want to do the lewd art anymore. He just handed his notice in, basically.

Re-doing the previous chapters is about maintaining continuity with the new art style going forward, no indication it is because the old artist has "refused to allow it to be used in the future".

MGUltimate

Dec 12, 2021
I don't think that's entirely true - the artist is still working on Chapter 5 I believe which doesn't indicating he was acting dick-ish about it; he simply decided to move on to pastures new because he didn't want to do the lewd art anymore. He just handed his notice in, basically.

Re-doing the previous chapters is about maintaining continuity with the new art style going forward, no indication it is because the old artist has "refused to allow it to be used in the future".
It was directly said he required extortionary level payments to be allowed to use it in the future without being willing to work on it. He basically changed his mind thinking adult games were evil or such.

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes