VN Ren'Py Lust Campus [C3 Final] [RedLolly]

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

matsuy

Sep 15, 2017
The new artstyle isn't bad -- but ...the original one was the best I've seen used in any VN so far. It's really a shame that we don't get to see what this game could have been. (The code base and the writing are solid, though... so this still might turn out as a good one.)

Malseman

Jun 9, 2020
I feel like the artstyle is one of the best I've ever seen in a VN, and I've seen a couple. Story is almost on par with Good Girl Gone Bad, but the art is leagues ahead.

Great stuff, can't wait for the next chapter.

• Love
Reactions: Lkdb5RDr

afc2112

Jan 4, 2018
So you think that your convictions as a "good" artist count for nothing and that it's all just business?
Well, you will certainly have more in your bank account, but that is the only satisfaction you will get out of it.
Remember, just because someone pays you for your labour doesn't mean they own you or your craft, and that's why we also need well-drafted contracts before such a project can even get started, so that each participant knows where they stand and exactly what is required of them; in this case explicit drawings of course.
And I'm sure if this had been done properly, they certainly wouldn't be in the position they are in now and wouldn't have to do the artwork all over again.
I work in the entertainment industry. 17 years now, in fact. Unless you're working on your own project, it's someone else's vision / voice you're working on. And as a professional, you have to have a compromise with having your own input and what the client (ie the one paying for it) wants.

It's ultimately their name that's on the project and they need to be happy with the product. Your wants / artistic desires / religious beliefs / ego takes a back seat.

From what I gather about this project is that this was always going to be an issue from the start.

Yuyu3

Mar 7, 2018
I didn't think Darren's and Professor Moore's redesigned would be shown next, but I looked at both designs(new and old) and wanted to give my thoughts on it.

Previously, I mentioned how I was very curious about Darren's redesigned because I felt he needed it. I was reading the description about the redesign and the only thing I could interpret is "In case you didn't know before, Darren is a NERD! To make sure you remember, we're going to emphasize the stereotypical aspects of a nerd even more!" XD Nothing wrong with some stereotype aspects of a character, but I think it's taking it to the point where I don't see what's unique about him as a person nor in his redesign. The color palette and his new look makes it look like he should be in middle school in the 1990s instead of modern day college. His redesign could have been much better, but it is the developer's vision.

I'm really happy to see Professor Moore, though. He's one of my personal favorite male characters from Lust Campus and love both of his designs. He looks a bit younger, especially with having hair on his head instead of being bald, but still mature. The most interesting part was reading how he's married, but the previous artist didn't like the idea for some reason. This does make me curious of how the writing could use this aspect of Moore's story. Like is he in a loving marriage or a troubled one, but continues to try to be a faithful husband and the player as Alice get to choose whether to tempt him? I think just the fact he's the professor already makes him "forbidden fruit", I could see so many ways it could messy for both of them if it goes that route.

LunarFortune

Sep 8, 2021
didn't expect to play the whole thing when i started, it was a great game with amazing art and a brilliant soundtrack to go with it, can't wait for more story

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Hi guys!

April is almost over and May comes with a metric ton of work for us.

We are still working on the remake of Chapter 1, updating all the art, adding more illustrations, new scenes, a whole new character, improving our internal programming, adding an OST, etc.

That, however, does not prevent us to hear you guys. So by popular demand we're also working on improving our project's transparency. As you may have noticed, we're trying to publish at least one post each week and we are also set to publish a biweekly Quick Update post on how the project is progressing. We hope this helps you see how each chapter is going and make you a participant of its evolution. We are also working on another big measure to improve transparency, but we cannot reveal what it is until it is ready.

We are aiming to present Chapter 1's reissue within a period of 3 months, as usual, which makes the launch day around the late June/early July. The process of revamping LC has been a massive headache quite often, but we're slowly seeing the results of our efforts throughout these months, to the point that we're feeling quite optimistic about the project. Moreover, seeing your positive reactions to the new art is reinvigorating us and poising us to continue working hard on this.

Again, thank you so much for your support and don't miss Bonnie's new look this Saturday!❤

--------

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

Hi guys!

April is almost over and May comes with a metric ton of work for us.

We are still working on the remake of Chapter 1, updating all the art, adding more illustrations, new scenes, a whole new character, improving our internal programming, adding an OST, etc.

That, however, does not prevent us to hear you guys. So by popular demand we're also working on improving our project's transparency. As you may have noticed, we're trying to publish at least one post each week and we are also set to publish a biweekly Quick Update post on how the project is progressing. We hope this helps you see how each chapter is going and make you a participant of its evolution. We are also working on another big measure to improve transparency, but we cannot reveal what it is until it is ready.

We are aiming to present Chapter 1's reissue within a period of 3 months, as usual, which makes the launch day around the late June/early July. The process of revamping LC has been a massive headache quite often, but we're slowly seeing the results of our efforts throughout these months, to the point that we're feeling quite optimistic about the project. Moreover, seeing your positive reactions to the new art is reinvigorating us and poising us to continue working hard on this.

Again, thank you so much for your support and don't miss Bonnie's new look this Saturday!❤

--------
So this is not a simple remaster of the art but a complete reboot/remake with story changes (because previous artist was curbing the project). Still I don't understand why it took so much time, but good luck for the future.

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
So this is not a simple remaster of the art but a complete reboot/remake with story changes (because previous artist was curbing the project). Still I don't understand why it took so much time, but good luck for the future.
Seems to me from the tid-bits and gist, that either they took them to court or threatened to take them to court.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It appears that the original team was well along on Chapter 5 before the differences in creative vision [i.e. I DON'T WANNA DO SEX SCENES!] came to a breaking point. I assume what followed were negotiations that proved fruitless, then the search for a new artist who knew what they were getting into. All time-consuming, and frustrating to us players.

So now we have the new team going back to redo absolutely everything in the game from scratch. This is something I normally detest, and I usually stop playing when that happens, especially this far along into the game. At least this time there appears to be a legitimate excuse for this tactic. Unfortunately, that means we will most likely have to wait for a year or two before they get back to where we are today with the game.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
how long is the game?
Does it make any difference? The game is being redone from scratch with a new artist and most likely modified plot lines. Everything you play will be obsolete as soon as they come out with their first rework release.

I would recommend waiting for the rework to come out. But if you want to bide some time playing what we have now, just go ahead. But, know that everything you see is likely to change.

Reactions: cry32wolf
4.20 star(s) 103 Votes