kerriwm25

Mar 19, 2020
Why do the good games seem to follow this pattern:

(1) First release is great
(2) A few good subsequent releases not *quite* as good as the first
(3) Something happens
(4) Dev uses that something as an "opportunity" to restart the game
(5) The game never gets back to the stage it was before

Maybe we should appreciate finished games as rare and remarkable achievements.

Reactions: John-18 and sava75

pcaf

Dec 3, 2019
Why do the good games seem to follow this pattern:

(1) First release is great
(2) A few good subsequent releases not *quite* as good as the first
(3) Something happens
(4) Dev uses that something as an "opportunity" to restart the game
(5) The game never gets back to the stage it was before

Maybe we should appreciate finished games as rare and remarkable achievements.
And it is somehow more common among fem protag games. Or so it seems to me at least.

Nov 15, 2020

Hey guys!
Only one of these is true about this character in LC:
A - Has an modern notion of virginity.
B - Values and respect herself enough.
C - Is a cinnamon bun.
If your answer was C then congrats! You're thinking about Bonnie!
Bonnie has been one of the characters I was sure I wanted to redesign, since I consider that the old design didn't do her justice. The basic features are still the same: a religious girl with curves for days, who dedicates a lot of time and thought into her image (albeit a kitch or tacky one), but has a wholesome aura underneath it.
We wanted to give her a look more suitable for her age, and tweak her facial features. We hope that you like these choices as much as us!
She's one of the characters I was really looking forward to change and I am super happy with the final result. Going with the redesign, we want to develop her friendship with Alice so that we may slow-cook their relationship. We think this can lead to very interesting scenes that I'm dying to write.
What do you guys think?
Hey guys!
C - Is a cinnamon bun.
Bonnie has been one of the characters I was sure I wanted to redesign, since I consider that the old design didn't do her justice. The basic features are still the same: a religious girl with curves for days, who dedicates a lot of time and thought into her image (albeit a kitch or tacky one), but has a wholesome aura underneath it.
We wanted to give her a look more suitable for her age, and tweak her facial features. We hope that you like these choices as much as us!
She's one of the characters I was really looking forward to change and I am super happy with the final result. Going with the redesign, we want to develop her friendship with Alice so that we may slow-cook their relationship. We think this can lead to very interesting scenes that I'm dying to write.
What do you guys think?

Nov 15, 2020
I think the previous versions had more distinctive facial features, at least. Still I like the new ones too. It's probably a good trade-off to take a small drop in quality to get more illustrations and/or shorter development cycles. And it's still miles above the quality of most other games with similar art style here.

What I liked about the original Bonnie, was that she was curvy in a realistic way (not the typical gigantic, but extremely perky tits and the ultra slim waist), and the new version's got similar features. Maybe the hips are slightly overdone, but overall I like it.

reyir

Apr 30, 2020

Hey guys!
C - Is a cinnamon bun.
What do you guys think?
Hey guys!
C - Is a cinnamon bun.
What do you guys think?
So they are using more cartoonist approach in this new version of the game instead of using realistic approach like they did in previous version... Bonnie by far has the most changes if compared to older version, so i dont really suprise if many people doesnt really likes it... but for me, its not too bad and we only got this one picture, we dont know how they draw her in some actual scenes, so maybe the respons for her new character will be better if that come up... but for now the thing that bothered me the most is her hair clips, i think the hair clips its really unnecessary and her character will be better if she doesnt had that hair clips, its just too much for me

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
I think the previous versions had more distinctive facial features, at least. Still I like the new ones too. It's probably a good trade-off to take a small drop in quality to get more illustrations and/or shorter development cycles. And it's still miles above the quality of most other games with similar art style here.

What I liked about the original Bonnie, was that she was curvy in a realistic way (not the typical gigantic, but extremely perky tits and the ultra slim waist), and the new version's got similar features. Maybe the hips are slightly overdone, but overall I like it.
She looks like this and takes it up the bum. I'm sold.

DisturbedMan

Feb 5, 2018

Hey guys!
C - Is a cinnamon bun.
What do you guys think?
Hey guys!
C - Is a cinnamon bun.
What do you guys think?

What have they done to bon bon....
View attachment massacredmboy.webp

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020

Hey guys!
C - Is a cinnamon bun.
What do you guys think?
Hey guys!
C - Is a cinnamon bun.
What do you guys think?
I've been wondering how the future game with new art designers may look like. Sure, completely unfamiliar when you're used to the old one. But it´s not bad either. I like it. For me it´s particularly positive that now she is not the typical top model, as most Li in all kinds of erotic games are. Here we finally have a good looking chuby woman! Finally a dev who dares to deviate from the usual stereotypes. This could be a gap in the market to show players that these women are hot as fuck too.

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
I've been wondering how the future game with new art designers may look like. Sure, completely unfamiliar when you're used to the old one. But it´s not bad either. I like it. For me it´s particularly positive that now she is not the typical top model, as most Li in all kinds of erotic games are. Here we finally have a good looking chuby woman! Finally a dev who dares to deviate from the usual stereotypes. This could be a gap in the market to show players that these women are hot as fuck too.
Yes. This. Totally.

The fact that she's a super Christian girl that takes it up the butt is hot enough on its own.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
I, with others, really enjoyed the quality of the first artist.
But I'm pretty sure that I'll be hooked with the new art in minutes within the game.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
I, with others, really enjoyed the quality of the first artist.
But I'm pretty sure that I'll be hooked with the new art in minutes within the game.
I think everyone here liked the first artist. Unfortunately, he has left the team by his own. And it's hard to find good people there. Only a few people are born with the ability to paint well, the talent is rare. the only artist i know who delivers a similar quality is the one from "Our Red String". But overall the game is good. And I think we rather get used to a new artist than have the project die completely

reyir

Apr 30, 2020
Dennis :
July for chapter 1? You mean chapter 1 of 5? Oh, ok, I seemingly did understand you wrong. I thought you were already working on the remake for a long time. I hoped to get all the existing chapters out until July.
And then every 3 months another known chapter? So, the next real new chapter will be out in August 2023?
I thought you would only make some smaller adjustments to the chapters and otherwise only exchange the pictures.

Except of this little setback ;) , I think it is a good idea of beeing updated at least once a weak.

Redlolly :
Well, it's not quite like that. In each chapter we will add new elements and scenes, which in the following chapters will have to be developed. That means that each redesigned chapter is going to have a little "new chapter", and as we go forward with the redesign that "new" part will be expanded. It's not just swapping old art for new, we're also adding more illustrations per scene, and more illustrated scenes. This regarding the art, but at the script level we are retouching the existing scenes and adding totally new ones.
So yes, you're right that chapter 6 will come out around those dates, but you'll have to wait until then to see new content within chapters 1-5.

PS. this is the comment from Redlolly patreon post

Yup our worst nightmare getting real, Chapter 6 will be released around august 2023:FacePalm::FacePalm:

1. Your game is still on prologue, so why even bother to changes the story with this very little story that we got. Your PRIORITY is to changes the old art with the new art and release the chapter 6 as soon as possible before your patron leaves you. But you still wanna changes this little story and add new story in them when you can just add the new story in chapter 6 and changes the previous story JUST A LITTLE BIT so the new story can fit in chapter 6 :FacePalm: :FacePalm:

2. Your game art already downgraded with the old artist left the team. Instead of released the new version as soon as possible so you can see the people reaction to the new art, you need another fucking 3 months to release CHAPTER ONE OF NEW GAME, YES ONLY ONE, after the old artist want to leaves the team. Many people already dont like the new art, so why dont you just release the new version more faster, they will not like them for the first time, but the more updates on the game you give to them, people will eventually like the new art and forget the older version:FacePalm::FacePalm:

3. WHY EVEN BOTHER TO FINISH CHAPTER 5 WHEN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NEW VERSION BECAME VERY STAGNANT BECAUSE OF THAT? When the old artist want to leaves the team, let him leaves and find new artist as soon as possible and tell the departure of the old artist to your patron NOT JUST VANISHED FOR MONTHS WITHOUT NEWS AT ALL.

God damn, im really speechless with this dev:FacePalm::FacePalm: If this games release on steam with 10-15 $ price tag, i will definitely buy it to support the dev. But 2 euro per months minimum to became her patron with this kind of development of the game, it will never happen.

At this point, it will be a miracle if we ever see chapter 6 of the game with around august 2023 releases dates. This game will be dropped if the dev still dont know her priority with this old artist departure issues, because this game already lost their selling point which is top realistic art and the new art doesnt really different to other game like this:FacePalm::FacePalm:

Last edited:

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Gotta wonder what the rest of Redlolly has been doing for all this time since they got a new artist. Chapter 5 was delayed for multiple months, but it still had art from the old artist, who had left them already even before the release was delayed.
Why not make a completely new game, when the re-release takes just as long? Or maybe they haven't actually been working on the game until now?

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes