VN Ren'Py Lust Campus [C3 Final] [RedLolly]

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Honestly, I'm surprised so many people are straight up giving up on the game just because of the reworked art. The new art looks fine and, frankly speaking, is heads and shoulders above so much generic visuals that's out there for H-games. You got to give the new artist(s) props for creating such nice images and picking up the ball after Javier bounced. I mean if people just saw this game in a vacuum with its current visuals and was never aware of the old art, then I'm willing to bet there would be a lot more praise for it. A lot more. Plus, it gives the added benefit of allowing Joanna, the dev, to work with her artists to create content that's more in-line with her intentions for the game without having to limit things like she was forced to do before. Give the new artist(s) their due; they've earned it. (y)

Edit: While I respect and found that the old art was indeed awesome, the new art feels a lot more "alive". Things (objects) and environments feel more used and lived in, and the characters' visuals appear more "natural". I bet they'll come off as a lot more expressive too when we get to delve into new content. Alright guys, cheers and be safe. :D

Last edited:

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

Hi guys!

Now that you've met the redesigned cast of Chapter 1 (patrons have already seen the ) and one of the illustrations ( ), we want to continue showing you the new art with a background debut. Here we show an entirely new location: the library.

The old art was very perfectionist but also somewhat cold. We want to turn the tables by showing spaces that are more lived in, more messy but that also serve as environmental storytelling: we want to show you some glimpses of the aspects of the characters life that the narrative doesn't talk about.

Alongside the background, you can see one of the tests we make to ensure the characters and the UI fit well in the scene. These serve us to better judge the location of the elements in the screen and adjust them accordingly.

The project is coming along nicely and we will be making a post with the release date soon. We hope that this kind of posts help you keep the hype up until then.

Please let us know what you think of these background! What kind of scene do you think will happen in it.

This new art is definitely a big downgrade but still good nonetheless.

Reactions: Fitzounet

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020

Hi guys!

Now that you've met the redesigned cast of Chapter 1 (patrons have already seen the ) and one of the illustrations ( ), we want to continue showing you the new art with a background debut. Here we show an entirely new location: the library.

The old art was very perfectionist but also somewhat cold. We want to turn the tables by showing spaces that are more lived in, more messy but that also serve as environmental storytelling: we want to show you some glimpses of the aspects of the characters life that the narrative doesn't talk about.

Alongside the background, you can see one of the tests we make to ensure the characters and the UI fit well in the scene. These serve us to better judge the location of the elements in the screen and adjust them accordingly.

The project is coming along nicely and we will be making a post with the release date soon. We hope that this kind of posts help you keep the hype up until then.

Please let us know what you think of these background! What kind of scene do you think will happen in it.

Not bad at all (y)

Reactions: monkeymmm

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Honestly, I'm surprised so many people are straight up giving up on the game just because of the reworked art. The new art looks fine and, frankly speaking, is heads and shoulders above so much generic visuals that's out there for H-games. You got to give the new artist(s) props for creating such nice images and picking up the ball after Javier bounced. I mean if people just saw this game in a vacuum with its current visuals and was never aware of the old art, then I'm willing to bet there would be a lot more praise for it. A lot more. Plus, it gives the added benefit of allowing Joanna, the dev, to work with her artists to create content that's more in-line with her intentions for the game without having to limit things like she was forced to do before. Give the new artist(s) their due; they've earned it. (y)

Edit: While I respect and found that the old art was indeed awesome, the new art feels a lot more "alive". Things (objects) and environments feel more used and lived in, and the characters' visuals appear more "natural". I bet they'll come off as a lot more expressive too when we get to delve into new content. Alright guys, cheers and be safe. :D
I'm actually not surprised at all. Unfortunately it is the case that a large part of the people in this forum are a "kindergarten" who complain immediately if they don't get what they want and are not in the least accessible to explanations and suggestions. It's all about "I want, I want, I want". An adult communication is simply not possible with many of them. But i'm also very happy that there are also grown-up people who really listen, think for themselves, share their excitement and give constructive criticism, with whom adult communication is possible. I wish the entire forum was like this.

I'm looking forward to the game continuing to be developed. So far the new artist is doing a good job.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
I'm actually not surprised at all. Unfortunately it is the case that a large part of the people in this forum are a "kindergarten" who complain immediately if they don't get what they want and are not in the least accessible to explanations and suggestions. It's all about "I want, I want, I want". An adult communication is simply not possible with many of them. But i'm also very happy that there are also grown-up people who really listen, think for themselves, share their excitement and give constructive criticism, with whom adult communication is possible. I wish the entire forum was like this.

I'm looking forward to the game continuing to be developed. So far the new artist is doing a good job.
Yeah, the amount of banging of spoons on high chairs around here is... something to behold.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

Agreed, sadly too many doesn't (or don't want to) understand what happened we can only ignore them.
Anyway let's hope dev can continue working at the game without anymore issues like this last one, I wish them all the best. :)

Reactions: Tulrek

kerriwm25

Mar 19, 2020
Honestly, I'm surprised so many people are straight up giving up on the game just because of the reworked art.
I highly doubt they are giving up on it at all. They can grandstand all they want while the release is months away but they'll be downloading when it comes out.

If there was a patron drop, I think it would be much more likely because the next five releases will be essentially remakes rather than new content.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
If there was a patron drop, I think it would be much more likely because the next five releases will be essentially remakes rather than new content.
They will have to cover some of the same ground, but with a new artist who is more in tune with the developer's thinking, I would suspect they'll do things at least somewhat differently. It should mean more sexy times... at least I hope so. ;)

They have changed the looks of the characters and backgrounds. A commensurate change to the plot would seem to be in order.

As for what the Patrons do, that's up to them. I've noticed that most people who support developers stick with them - sometimes longer than they should.

sday98

Sep 11, 2021
Nobody has heard anything from Javier directly, right? He seems to be too convenient of a scapegoat, it seems much more plausible that RedLolly is just a fraud, look how late every release has been, she is going to squeeze every last cent out of these simps

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Nobody has heard anything from Javier directly, right? He seems to be too convenient of a scapegoat, it seems much more plausible that RedLolly is just a fraud, look how late every release has been, she is going to squeeze every last cent out of these simps
Well, search him out then. You can publish his version of the story, How RedLolly Screwed Me Over! Maybe make a buck or two out of it.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
IIRC, they were friends before the game, with her posting their photos on Instagram. It's unfortunate if they fully fell out over creative and financial differences.

Reactions: Walter Victor

camube

Jun 4, 2022
What's the explanation from the creator for a rework from chapter 1 instead of going to chapter 6 with changed artwork?

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
That and the chance to expand both the story and the lewds as the new artist is allegedly way less restrictive when it comes to sex scenes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
What's the explanation from the creator for a rework from chapter 1 instead of going to chapter 6 with changed artwork?
The original artist working on this game was uncomfortable doing lewd scenes, so he and the developer parted ways. A new artist has been brought in who does not have such scruples. They have decided to restart the whole thing rather than have an abrupt style change in artwork partway through the game. Also, I believe the original artist objected to his artwork being used as the game moved forward.

EDIT: This will also allow them to have more sexy bits in the early parts of the game.

Reactions: Back

verved

Mar 14, 2021

Hi guys!
This past week we've been working full to finish the art. Remember how in a few posts ago we talked about how we had increased the amount of illustrations of Alice's solo scene from two to eleven? We played it out and thought it would be better with some more illustrations: it has fifteen now. Yeah, you read that right. We made this change because we think it's going to fit the script and our quality standards better.
Speaking of the script. It's all done now! Some proofreading is still required but we're working on that as I type this.
Coding is still on its way, as it is the most tricky and slow task. We are working on implementing our new way to work with sprites to avoid the kind of bugs one gets when working with so many layers, busting the code's flags to make it less probable to find errors in narration, and implementing some more point and click mechanics in game. I will no lie to you, this is the most annoying part for me: debugging and trying the code again and again. All the puppy love that you can send me on discord will be so much appreciated while I work on this.
All in all, and unless some hiccup delays us a bit, we think we can launch our Alpha build next Sunday (July 17th). As usual, a week later (July 24th) we'll launch the Beta and the full release the week after that (July 31st).

And here you have a little preview of some expressions of Rilke, with the colors you chose in the poll. Isn't he cute, with his grumpy face?
Are you as excited as we are to play our reworked Chapter 1? Please, let us know in the comments. The wait is almost over!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Hi guys!
This past week we've been working full to finish the art. Remember how in a few posts ago we talked about how we had increased the amount of illustrations of Alice's solo scene from two to eleven? We played it out and thought it would be better with some more illustrations: it has fifteen now. Yeah, you read that right. We made this change because we think it's going to fit the script and our quality standards better.
Speaking of the script. It's all done now! Some proofreading is still required but we're working on that as I type this.
Coding is still on its way, as it is the most tricky and slow task. We are working on implementing our new way to work with sprites to avoid the kind of bugs one gets when working with so many layers, busting the code's flags to make it less probable to find errors in narration, and implementing some more point and click mechanics in game. I will no lie to you, this is the most annoying part for me: debugging and trying the code again and again. All the puppy love that you can send me on discord will be so much appreciated while I work on this.
All in all, and unless some hiccup delays us a bit, we think we can launch our Alpha build next Sunday (July 17th). As usual, a week later (July 24th) we'll launch the Beta and the full release the week after that (July 31st).

And here you have a little preview of some expressions of Rilke, with the colors you chose in the poll. Isn't he cute, with his grumpy face?
Are you as excited as we are to play our reworked Chapter 1? Please, let us know in the comments. The wait is almost over!
AT LAST, target dates to look forward to. :love:

The question remains, when will it show up here, and for me, should I wait for the full release? Decisions, decisions. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Echbert

G0DZillA

Feb 23, 2022

Hi guys!

This month is getting better and better with all the good news.

Reactions: Echbert

camube

Jun 4, 2022

Hi guys!

is this only for chapter 1 remake?

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes