4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

Skylar Reign

Creating Katie's Diary.
Game Developer
Sep 28, 2018
That's not helpful or constructive though? If I baked you some cookies and you watched the whole process silently I'd assume you had no issues... but if I finish and then you're like "Those smell great but I'm allergic to peanuts, that brand of flour you used gives me hives and I spread smallpox on that bowl you used." then I'd be quite annoyed you didn't say anything earlier.

Of course, "this update doesn't have enough content" or "this alpha has a lot of bugs" is rarely useful, and some people take it too far and act incredibly entitled as well... but expressing your dissatisfaction in a way that's not whiny/annoying/entitled can be helpful. Constructive criticism, they usually call it.
If you already have it on the menu stating penuts will be an ingridient, why would you complain. If you look through the complaints, it's one of the three scenarios you mentioned above. I agree on your point of constructive criticism. Although, remember this is a piece of art that the dev is creating according to her vision. And if she is serving penuts and your allergic to it, find a cookie which doesn't have penuts. Don't try to alter the cookie just because you can't eat it.

Aruu

May 2, 2017
If you already have it on the menu stating penuts will be an ingridient, why would you complain. If you look through the complaints, it's one of the three scenarios you mentioned above. I agree on your point of constructive criticism. Although, remember this is a piece of art that the dev is creating according to her vision. And if she is serving penuts and your allergic to it, find a cookie which doesn't have penuts. Don't try to alter the cookie just because you can't eat it.
I see I've erred with my peanut (and smallpox) cookie analogy. The most prevalent worthwhile complaint I've seen (granted, I've really only skimmed the thread) has been about railroading the player into situations they'd rather avoid or having Alice react in a way that removes player agency, creating dissonance between the protagonist and player. Railroading isn't always a bad thing (it keeps things on track), but if people are complaining about certain instances of it then it might be worth looking into changing something.

For instance, for people that like Marco having an option to say no to having sex with him changes nothing. For people that don't like him? They get to avoid seeing a scene with a character they dislike. Everyone's happy, nobody has a reason to complain. I think I've also seen people moaning about some threesome scene that the dev (might have) removed because people complained they were forced into it? That's not what I'm advocating for at all. Don't remove things, add ways to side-step them. Have the scene available, but have the option to say no.

The way it is now, people are afraid to flirt with characters (or even treat them with basic human decency) because you might end up with an unavoidable intimate scenes later down the road. You can see people advise others to treat certain characters like garbage in order to avoid their sex scenes instead of being able to interact freely with whomever they like and say no to actually having sex with a character.

The dev is new, I get it, but everyone seems to be at each other's throats over something that could be fixed so easily.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I see I've erred with my peanut (and smallpox) cookie analogy. The most prevalent worthwhile complaint I've seen (granted, I've really only skimmed the thread) has been about railroading the player into situations they'd rather avoid or having Alice react in a way that removes player agency, creating dissonance between the protagonist and player. Railroading isn't always a bad thing (it keeps things on track), but if people are complaining about certain instances of it then it might be worth looking into changing something.

For instance, for people that like Marco having an option to say no to having sex with him changes nothing. For people that don't like him? They get to avoid seeing a scene with a character they dislike. Everyone's happy, nobody has a reason to complain. I think I've also seen people moaning about some threesome scene that the dev (might have) removed because people complained they were forced into it? That's not what I'm advocating for at all. Don't remove things, add ways to side-step them. Have the scene available, but have the option to say no.

The way it is now, people are afraid to flirt with characters (or even treat them with basic human decency) because you might end up with an unavoidable intimate scenes later down the road. You can see people advise others to treat certain characters like garbage in order to avoid their sex scenes instead of being able to interact freely with whomever they like and say no to actually having sex with a character.

The dev is new, I get it, but everyone seems to be at each other's throats over something that could be fixed so easily.
Most of the issues are due to bug I think. In my PT Alice finds Marco hot at the start but nothing happened with him (I didn't play the 0.4, I'm waiting for the final version)

Nov 5, 2018
From what I see in C4 currently, there's..
  • Alice x Sophie kiss+oral+fingering,
  • Alice x Bonnie kiss+photo,
  • Alice x Bonnie x Tom (or Bonnie x Tom on their own) anal+oral,
  • Darren x Sophie kiss,
  • Alice x Professor pencil tease,
  • and two Alice selfies; one for Tom in class and one for BMB.
Great, I have seen exactly none of these scenes lol. Does anyone knock how to unlock them in the game? Without cheats though.

Kass/\ndra

Apr 29, 2021

You bring up a good point here.
I think a lot of people overestimate the freedom of choice that you actually have in games like this.
Your interactions with certain characters are limited to either show interest in them, be neutral, or give them the middle finger.
In itself there is nothing wrong with it, we would do this in our day-to-day lives as well.
The problem starts, whenever you are literally forced to act in a specific way towards someone, just to change some variables in the script to achieve a desired outcome later (not even necessarily with the character that you have interacted with in the first place, which makes it even more confusing).
So to get scene X with person Y for example, you'll first have to do Z; it's either that, or scene X is set as default, which would be a quite unpleasant experience for some, if said scene consists of a sexual encounter with a character you have avoided the whole time for your own reasons.

To circumvent this, you just slavishly follow down a pre-made path to get what you want out of the game and to avoid whatever you don't, the narrative becomes completely irrelevant here.
This is not freedom when you are bound to play the game this way, or even worse, if you are in need to relay on a walkthrough to tell you exactly what to choose and what to do.
Many players will end skipping through large portions of the story and just pay attention to their favored scenes.
As a writer I would feel absolutely dispirited if my craftsmanship and hard work is only capturing enough for a couple of scenes depicting sexual intercourse and nothing more.

Minttymint

Jun 20, 2017
Oh, does the Bonnie x Tom scene always happen if you don't go for the threesome?
Yeah I believe so. I told her I knew and that Alice slept with him at the same place etc, and I still get that scene. Seems like she's so insecure she continues to sleep with him regardless.

mazul

Nov 28, 2018
Lovely art.

I do however hope that it'll eventually have a scene replay gallery, I hate having tons of saves. :)

Rangerf

Sep 11, 2017
The update is one big disappointment. Lots of bugs, the party is still bugged. There are no hetero sex scenes for the main character. Moreover, the developer is forcing me to play as this cuckold Darren.
It's very sad, because the art quality is one of the best in this type of games.
You are totally right. I start supporting this game because the plot (close to Good Girl Gone Bad for EvaKiss) and the incredible art.
But every update go out of the sence of a interesting game, no hetero sex at all and Alice is displaced for all of the characters.
I hope this como back to the right way.

zOrg5

Jun 27, 2017
How do I get the threesome that I played in alpha?
Well, I looked through the code and came to conclusion that you don't.
The variable responsible for the scene has to be > 1, it is 0 by default and increases only once by 1, so in can't be > 1.

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes