taler

Oct 5, 2017
I'm on a mac, is this game broken for anyone else on that platform? It's vertical for some reason??? And I'm stuck on that screen. How do I progress?

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 8.17.31 AM.png

Reactions: EndlessTaboo

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
It doesnt make any difference mate. MrDots, Mr Pink Dots, even if their alias was MrElvisP, the arguments and their merits would be the same here.

Who first came up with an idea of one of these story elements, vs who first came up with one of these story elements....hmm.
Those are basically the same thing.
I cannot see a distinction here, even your phrasing is pretty similar.

Are you saying that DrPinkCakes owns this specific brand of this trope?
And as a follow-up question, if DPC somehow does own it, how the hell would they enforce that and take action against their people that supposedly steal their intellectual property?

Here's the thing: If you want to say that colloquially and among the playerbase, EndlessTaboo is guilty of plagiarism, then fine, I guess people can have whatever opinions they like, but legally and objectively, none of what you said here holds any particular weight. I hope you understand the distinction I am making.

Also, allow me to add that I genuinely mean no offense.
You are entitled to your opinion, and by all means stand by it.
And ofc voting with your dollars is probably the best thing any consumer can do, as a means of participating in an open market.

I am not pointing this out to you, I was agreeing with you. Repeating what you said about Dee was simply validating your comment. It was a lengthy "Yes I get it, and you have a point there".
I thought it was clear, but maybe not.

I didnt think it was a sarcastic response, but maybe I am wrong.
Who the hell can really say for certain when reading text? Its not like we can hear ET's tone of voice or something.

Its possible that you or I (or both of us I guess) are interpreting these things based on our own subjective and presumptuous mentality, thus you see it as an overly sarcastic response indicative of contempt, while I do not.

Whatever the case may be, these games basically live and die by the support and opinions of the consumers, and that is PAYING customers (although the freeloaders help spread the word a bit, so they're not completely irrelevant), so I would say that since you keep talking about games that you do or dont support (i.e. you're not a freeloader), your opinions on those games matters more than mine.

In other words, if EndlessTaboo wants their game to succeed, they probably should try to keep Patrons and potential Patrons happy, thus it would be a good idea to clear the waters on some of the perception of their comments online.

And finally, based on your reaction as well as other people's reactions, I think its fair to say that sometimes its better for creators to just stay silent, than to be overly communicative and engage with the community, because some people are just going to interpret your comments the wrong way, and thats just bad PR.

Personally, I'm not gonna fall into the trap of assuming the worst of any creator, and will just try to be fair.

Make of that what you will.
Sorry if my phrasing was confusing. There are story elements that have become generic; for example guy goes back home to live with Mom and sister(s) and Dad is out of the picture. This particular plot device (asking MC to choose between the lives of two loved interests) was first used in this genre by DrPinkCakes and is strictly associated with him. Look at all the posts here referring to Acting Lessons.

Legally none of these stories have a copyright. So I could change this story by removing Delilah's death scene and by making it possible for MC to continue visiting her. I could then start a Patreon page, post a copy of "my" story and ask for donations. Patreon as a private business could do something about it, but ET could not sue me. Just because something is legal does not mean that it is not morally and ethically wrong.

There is an easy way to tell whether or not ET's response was sarcastic. In the next update, if Delilah is alive (healed by MC's semen) then ET was not being sarcastic. I will apology accordingly. If she is still dead, then he was being sarcastic, and I believe he owes his audience an apology. My belief is that no one will be apologizing. I hope I am wrong.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
Sorry if my phrasing was confusing. There are story elements that have become generic; for example guy goes back home to live with Mom and sister(s) and Dad is out of the picture. This particular plot device (asking MC to choose between the lives of two loved interests) was first used in this genre by DrPinkCakes and is strictly associated with him. Look at all the posts here referring to Acting Lessons.

Legally none of these stories have a copyright. So I could change this story by removing Delilah's death scene and by making it possible for MC to continue visiting her. I could then start a Patreon page, post a copy of "my" story and ask for donations. Patreon as a private business could do something about it, but ET could not sue me. Just because something is legal does not mean that it is not morally and ethically wrong.

There is an easy way to tell whether or not ET's response was sarcastic. In the next update, if Delilah is alive (healed by MC's semen) then ET was not being sarcastic. I will apology accordingly. If she is still dead, then he was being sarcastic, and I believe he owes his audience an apology. My belief is that no one will be apologizing. I hope I am wrong.
So, basically the whole gaming community is crying Why, why, why, Delilah?

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
It sucks that Delilah was killed but I always looked at her as a minor side character. There wasn't a whole lot of story with her to begin with so losing her as tragic as it was.....wasn't a major loss. It is a zombie apocalypse after all where any given day could be yours or anyones last. If it were your sister/daughter/bestie..w/e or kaley (theres still too much mystery with her to kill her off now) that would be a major loss.
I liked Delilah and I do hope we get the chance to avenge her death in the most painful way possible but I can see psycho charon being around for the long haul unfortunately. Theres really not alot going yet for any real emotional attachments for the mc outside of his daughter/sis and possibly kaley...its still early.
What they did in acting lessons was a totally different situation. You spend all of that time building your relationship with both girls only to be forced to save one or the other. There wasn't alot of attatchment to Delilah for it to hit the feels...I get that she was pregnant...that part was sad but losing her just wasn't that impactful.
One way to get justice is to do exactly what charon said men did to her and take EVERYTHING from her (turn her daughter sof evolution against her) and then kill her in the worst and painful way possible:devilish::devilish:

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
So, basically the whole gaming community is crying Why, why, why, Delilah?
While your post is amusing, my complaint is not that Delilah was killed and I'll admit I did not like that she was; my complaint is that ET stole a story idea that was unique to a particular developer.

EndlessTaboo

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2018
I do understand that it is just a game. I was enjoying it and was becoming invested in it. The developer made a choice causing me to enjoy it less and become less invested in it. As a result I decided to support games that I enjoy more. Games that I also realize are only games. Thank you for your condescension.
Well I really did enjoy the this game right up until that point - now?
Not leaning in a positive direction actually.
I can see why you wanted to add some drama to your game's plot - but feel that was was a very poor decision.
There were less popular "sacrificial lambs" that could have been used.
Generally speaking - The strategy that was used in your last update - didn't work very well in other games on this site either - but its always developers the provocative.

P.s.
"Delilah just needs a few days of rest, an eyepatch, and she’ll be back in action in no time "
Personally - I feel that one eye-patch is more than enough, actually - all humor aside.

Thank you for you time reading this and my past comments EndlessTaboo.
Haha thanks for reading my comments as well Twistty
I don’t want to kill Delilah either, but what happened is necessary for the direction of my story. I’m sorry for hurting the people that liked Delilah, but that was the only way. Not every update has to be tragic. It was fun to write Charon’s dialogue because I had to get into a dark place in my head in order to write that, but I wouldn't want to do it all the time. It’s depressing. By the way, it’d be awesome if you could take down the polls. Personally, I hate spoilers myself and I really enjoy a good surprise

EndlessTaboo

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2018
Sorry but she was the only girl I found that you could have repeating sex with in the game and not just a replay like in the FAP edition.
Also she so far was the only one to get pregnant by MC.

I went downtown to hunt for food and on the way back home stop off to have sex with her almost every day.
For this upcoming update, I'm working on the intimacy mode. So, when you use the sex ability on a character, you'll have the option to select and choose different sex scenes and positions. It's repeatable and I'm working hard to make it as beautiful as it can be. I really think you'll like it. Also, it's great to hear how you actually play the game and sorry about Delilah

• Love
Reactions: a1fox3

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Very hard to find all secret card..wish it show some light or bright on secret card so easy to find that.

EndlessTaboo

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2018
It doesnt make any difference mate. MrDots, Mr Pink Dots, even if their alias was MrElvisP, the arguments and their merits would be the same here.

Who first came up with an idea of one of these story elements, vs who first came up with one of these story elements....hmm.
Those are basically the same thing.
I cannot see a distinction here, even your phrasing is pretty similar.

Are you saying that DrPinkCakes owns this specific brand of this trope?
And as a follow-up question, if DPC somehow does own it, how the hell would they enforce that and take action against their people that supposedly steal their intellectual property?

Here's the thing: If you want to say that colloquially and among the playerbase, EndlessTaboo is guilty of plagiarism, then fine, I guess people can have whatever opinions they like, but legally and objectively, none of what you said here holds any particular weight. I hope you understand the distinction I am making.

Also, allow me to add that I genuinely mean no offense.
You are entitled to your opinion, and by all means stand by it.
And ofc voting with your dollars is probably the best thing any consumer can do, as a means of participating in an open market.

I am not pointing this out to you, I was agreeing with you. Repeating what you said about Dee was simply validating your comment. It was a lengthy "Yes I get it, and you have a point there".
I thought it was clear, but maybe not.

I didnt think it was a sarcastic response, but maybe I am wrong.
Who the hell can really say for certain when reading text? Its not like we can hear ET's tone of voice or something.

Its possible that you or I (or both of us I guess) are interpreting these things based on our own subjective and presumptuous mentality, thus you see it as an overly sarcastic response indicative of contempt, while I do not.

Whatever the case may be, these games basically live and die by the support and opinions of the consumers, and that is PAYING customers (although the freeloaders help spread the word a bit, so they're not completely irrelevant), so I would say that since you keep talking about games that you do or dont support (i.e. you're not a freeloader), your opinions on those games matters more than mine.

In other words, if EndlessTaboo wants their game to succeed, they probably should try to keep Patrons and potential Patrons happy, thus it would be a good idea to clear the waters on some of the perception of their comments online.

And finally, based on your reaction as well as other people's reactions, I think its fair to say that sometimes its better for creators to just stay silent, than to be overly communicative and engage with the community, because some people are just going to interpret your comments the wrong way, and thats just bad PR.

Personally, I'm not gonna fall into the trap of assuming the worst of any creator, and will just try to be fair.

Make of that what you will.
I appreciate it BattleAxe.
Look I don’t even want to write this, but it’s starting to get weird. Truth is, I never actually played Acting Lessons. I’m sure it’s an amazing game based on the reviews and the fact that Dr. PinkCake is on a completely different league compared to me. A lot of my ideas are inspired by books, movies, TV shows, comic books and games. I don’t see anything wrong with that because I write all my own original materials. I don’t plagiarize.
My primary focus is not to keep every single one of my patrons happy. I don't think that's possible because everyone has different tastes. I keep it simple. I just create the kind of story that I find interesting and enjoyable

Reactions: hrhr and L30

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I appreciate it BattleAxe.
Look I don’t even want to write this, but it’s starting to get weird. Truth is, I never actually played Acting Lessons. I’m sure it’s an amazing game based on the reviews and the fact that Dr. PinkCake is on a completely different league compared to me. A lot of my ideas are inspired by books, movies, TV shows, comic books and games. I don’t see anything wrong with that because I write all my own original materials. I don’t plagiarize.
My primary focus is not to keep every single one of my patrons happy. I don't think that's possible because everyone has different tastes. I keep it simple. I just create the kind of story that I find interesting and enjoyable
Always do your own stuff because like you said you can not please everyone.

Reactions: Twistty
3.20 star(s) 55 Votes