Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
Will be interesting to see how MC explains Delilah’s demise to Zora, who already doesn’t trust him.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Haha thanks for reading my comments as well Twistty
I don’t want to kill Delilah either, but what happened is necessary for the direction of my story. I’m sorry for hurting the people that liked Delilah, but that was the only way. Not every update has to be tragic. It was fun to write Charon’s dialogue because I had to get into a dark place in my head in order to write that, but I wouldn't want to do it all the time. It’s depressing. By the way, it’d be awesome if you could take down the polls. Personally, I hate spoilers myself and I really enjoy a good surprise
The poll is gone EndlessTaboo.

Thanks for the response;
I will remember your game, as a fun, very well rendered experience, with many great characters.
It had some interesting game-play, within a pleasurable sandbox environment.
The Xmas Special showed your humorous side as well.:D

Unfortunately, the last update - was the last time for me playing this game.
Not just for a single reason - but a few.
Guess I'm just not a "dark places" type of player?

Wishing you all the best; with the future of this game, future projects and life in general.

Cheers
Twistty

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Not sure what the issue is, but the top and bottom of my screen are cut off and it wont let me change resolution?
You change the resolution when you first start it up #1 or #2 switch to windowed mode and see it that works for you. Untitled.jpg

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Im playing on a mac (probably the main issue) and it wont let me change it at all, i cant see the top section of the screen or the map so no progression for me
Can you chose window? window.jpg
Other than that I have no idea because I use Windows OP systems.

Are you sure you have the right drivers for your video card or device?

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I appreciate it BattleAxe.
Look I don’t even want to write this, but it’s starting to get weird. Truth is, I never actually played Acting Lessons. I’m sure it’s an amazing game based on the reviews and the fact that Dr. PinkCake is on a completely different league compared to me. A lot of my ideas are inspired by books, movies, TV shows, comic books and games. I don’t see anything wrong with that because I write all my own original materials. I don’t plagiarize.
My primary focus is not to keep every single one of my patrons happy. I don't think that's possible because everyone has different tastes. I keep it simple. I just create the kind of story that I find interesting and enjoyable
I noticed that your tone is much different in your recent posts than in your first post reacting to the negative feedback that some people posted regarding your recent plot choice. In this post you mentioned that you have never played AL but you seem to be familiar with DPC. It seems a little unlikely that you knew about him but not the one thing for which he is most (in)famous. You avoid saying that you did not get the recent plot line from him and admit that you have borrowed from other games. I apologize profusely if I am wrong and you did not steal this idea from him, but in reading your response I still really think that you knowingly did.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I noticed that your tone is much different in your recent posts than in your first post reacting to the negative feedback that some people posted regarding your recent plot choice. In this post you mentioned that you have never played AL but you seem to be familiar with DPC. It seems a little unlikely that you knew about him but not the one thing for which he is most (in)famous. You avoid saying that you did not get the recent plot line from him and admit that you have borrowed from other games. I apologize profusely if I am wrong and you did not steal this idea from him, but in reading your response I still really think that you knowingly did.
Killing off an NPC with fire is one thing but killing off and NPC right in front on MC is totally different.

The only thing these 2 have in common is that an NPC got murdered.

Murdering off an NPC loses a lot of players interest, I gave up on AL because of that scene and will proudly give up on this one to because I am not here for murder, I don't like getting pissed off like that.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Killing off an NPC with fire is one thing but killing off and NPC right in front on MC is totally different.

The only thing these 2 have in common is that an NPC got murdered.

Murdering off an NPC loses a lot of players interest, I gave up on AL because of that scene and will proudly give up on this one to because I am not here for murder, I don't like getting pissed off like that.
In both cases MC is asked to pick one to save. In both cases they were not just NPC's, they were LI's. I believe the only real difference that regardless of who you choose here, Delilah dies.

Reactions: Twistty

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
So my focus has been my complaint that ET stole this plot device from DPC. He claims that he never played AL but stops short of saying he did not steal the idea from DPC. I apologize if I am wrong in my assumption.

Now, why is this just bad writing? I understand the need to show that the characters live in a dangerous world. So we have this group of radical feminists who want to rid the world of men because men are the root of all evil. Men have caused all the wars, etc. Women are just the innocent victims of the evil of men. They end up capturing the last man and decide that he has something they need so they can't kill him. They decide he must be punished and how do they punish him, by killing a WOMAN. So by their own actions they have made a man responsible for the death of another WOMAN. Not only a woman, but the most defenseless woman in the whole game. They made another woman a victim of a man. Anyone else see a problem with this logic?

Last edited:

mes

Jan 6, 2018
So Fap Edition its just replay scene and just 30 more image from 3 x outfit(1 in dagger location part/1 in maya location part/1 in city central search (5 x energy)

SO WHY WE NEED GET ANOTHER GAME FOR 4GB to have GALLERY with just 30 Special Picture!!!!???...Every other game have those aspect inside Game MENU

Reactions: DanThaMan

BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019
It sucks that Delilah was killed but I always looked at her as a minor side character. There wasn't a whole lot of story with her to begin with so losing her as tragic as it was.....wasn't a major loss. It is a zombie apocalypse after all where any given day could be yours or anyones last. If it were your sister/daughter/bestie..w/e or kaley (theres still too much mystery with her to kill her off now) that would be a major loss.
I liked Delilah and I do hope we get the chance to avenge her death in the most painful way possible but I can see psycho charon being around for the long haul unfortunately. Theres really not alot going yet for any real emotional attachments for the mc outside of his daughter/sis and possibly kaley...its still early.
What they did in acting lessons was a totally different situation. You spend all of that time building your relationship with both girls only to be forced to save one or the other. There wasn't alot of attatchment to Delilah for it to hit the feels...I get that she was pregnant...that part was sad but losing her just wasn't that impactful.
One way to get justice is to do exactly what charon said men did to her and take EVERYTHING from her (turn her daughter sof evolution against her) and then kill her in the worst and painful way possible:devilish::devilish:
Finally, someone who gets it. I think the majority of people that got seriously upset at Delilah's death was mostly because of the model that was used, not so much for the character, since there wasnt that much character development anyway.

There are story elements that have become generic; for example guy goes back home to live with Mom and sister(s) and Dad is out of the picture
Q: How did those story elements became generic?
A: Someone did it first, then someone else saw it, and more or less copied it.
How do you know that this wont become generic in some way?

Since all it takes is basically several developers using it in their stories, there should be no reason to believe that any of these story elements should belong to any particular developer.
We can argue all day, but I think if you think about these things in a more objective manner, you'd realize that there wasnt any foul committed here.

While your post is amusing, my complaint is not that Delilah was killed and I'll admit I did not like that she was; my complaint is that ET stole a story idea that was unique to a particular developer.
I respect your opinion, but we've been over this already; no one really owns these ideas/concepts.
At worst you could say that Lust Man Standing has a derivative story, but even that would be a bit of a stretch, imo.

I appreciate it BattleAxe.
Look I don’t even want to write this, but it’s starting to get weird. Truth is, I never actually played Acting Lessons. I’m sure it’s an amazing game based on the reviews and the fact that Dr. PinkCake is on a completely different league compared to me. A lot of my ideas are inspired by books, movies, TV shows, comic books and games. I don’t see anything wrong with that because I write all my own original materials. I don’t plagiarize.
My primary focus is not to keep every single one of my patrons happy. I don't think that's possible because everyone has different tastes. I keep it simple. I just create the kind of story that I find interesting and enjoyable
Good enough for me.
Unlike certain others around here, I wont assume the worst of someone, like assuming that they are being sarcastic and want to torment their own audience for example, so I think its best to take you on your word as a developer, until you give me reason to believe otherwise.

You've done a great job so far, and please keep it coming.
And most importantly, just create the content that you find satisfying and passionate about.
As a general rule, if it feels like a chore and you dont enjoy it then the content will start going downhill, and we dont want that.
But if you actually love your own work, then you'll produce amazing things.

anytime

Jan 17, 2020
OK - I'm lost. I'm trying to find the push dagger in the city center location. I know I will find it on the window frame in one of the rooms - but I can't get into any rooms. The only door I see says "looks really dangerous - maybe some other time" and I can't enter. Any help?

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
but how do you put them?
Hehe.. i was kidding with you.:rolleyes:
not sure how raise sneak level. can someone tell us how?
here is what i know is. use sock to poker strip
and you can use sneak on 2nd. doors in toilet and peek roommate when movie date on 3nd days.
just start yesterday. great game and start again today and found some surprise. ;)

EDIT maybe this helps.. post #2,609 ?
it works rasie sneak level. wake up and click sneak on roommate door and peek her.
do that ever days untill you get level 2
then start strip poker and sock on when you are naked.

Last edited:

BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019
So my focus has been my complaint that ET stole this plot device from DPC. He claims that he never played AL but stops short of saying he did not steal the idea from DPC. I apologize if I am wrong in my assumption.

Now, why is this just bad writing? I understand the need to show that the characters live in a dangerous world. So we have this group of radical feminists who want to rid the world of men because men are the root of all evil. Men have caused all the wars, etc. Women are just the innocent victims of the evil of men. They end up capturing the last man and decide that he has something they need so they can't kill him. They decide he must be punished and how do they punish him, by killing a WOMAN. So by their own actions they have made a man responsible for the death of another WOMAN. Not only a woman, but the most defenseless woman in the whole game. They made another woman a victim of a man. Anyone else see a problem with this logic?
Sorry, but radical feminists arent exactly known for their logic and reasoning skills.
I actually dont see a problem here whatsoever. If anything, they are represented accurately and consistently.

As for your complaint, well, according to what you said earlier, that dramatic killing of that character is something that AL is well-known for, so technically someone doesnt need to play the game to know about it.
I respectfully disagree on the "stealing the plot device part", and I cant accept your assumption until its warranted to do so (need more evidence).

3.20 star(s) 55 Votes